Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:42:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake private ICO scam exposed!  (Read 289 times)
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:51:47 PM

This is very useful information and it is important that you have posted it here, thank you for that. If we all start posting the icos when we discover that they are scams then there will be less cases of people investing into scam icos and losing their money. That way we can easily help to eliminate the scam icos since if no one is investing in them then they die out.
sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 05:45:22 AM

The popularity of ico projects has grown. So, the fraud in the ico has grown. And the quality of the ico, and the execution of tasks, fell.
Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 05:49:48 AM

There are still many like that everywhere ,one should just tend to do his/her own investigation ,this will make one notvto invest in scam projects ,somehow very soon I'm sure scammers will reduce ,thanks for sharing and I will keep sharing it as well
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 05:55:14 AM

I don't think we can wipe out bad eggs completely in world but it still gives me concern that some are just in this world to cause bad thing happening instead of creating something that would be a great to humanity, we just have to be very careful on how we join, click on any link and should be conscious of how we keep our private key and password .
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:34:06 PM

Appreciate this, if all of us can do something like this for all of the scam projects that we come across then we can be able to cut down the scams by warning people so they know the projects not to put their money in. The best way to deal with the scam icos are to starve them out, if they are not getting enough money then that means that they would not want to bring more projects in
bitbabba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:35:22 PM

Cryptoworld is full of traps like this one. In order to avoid those scam attempts you should open all your channels while entering any password or giving some information.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
ai5998865

Activity: 216
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:03:13 PM

Scary to watch the news, scammers everywhere. But still among all these bad projects there are worthy. That's cool
andrey111

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:06:25 PM

I join the sets of thanks to colleagues. You need more people like you and maybe then the market of ICO will be a little cleaner. Many investors are simply afraid to invest their money for fear of fraudsters.
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:20:11 PM

It is helpful for you to share the information you have. I'm sure that, to me and to the other readers, it will be useful to us. There are many SCAM projects and many scammers are hiding behind the crypto world. I realized from START that those who contact us on the telegram to join us or invest in their project are scammers who just want to fool. I hope you can find a solution to fight these scammers. I hope that others will follow suit and let us know when they discover a SCAM project, especially since today it is very difficult to differentiate good projects from bad ones.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lilmon

Activity: 475
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:22:59 PM

Excellent, we need more of this, I have also exposed a couple of ICO scams, the complicated thing is to make sure they are suspicious enough to start an investigation, as it requires time and effort, but I really appreciate the people who are dedicated to that, do not know the favor they are doing to this market.
Tosin12

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 08:51:44 PM

I was lurking around Telegram looking for a good ICO to join. Then this post appeared https://medium.com/@cryptomedics/fake-private-ico-group-scam-exposed-db421b63dbaf. The scammers created a private ICO group to lure people in saying they are genuine staff of Hedera Hashgraph looking for new investors. After investigating the scammers, the CM admins found out their leader, his name is Jonathan Teroskyi. They also said that at least there are four people involve in the scam. Additionally, one of the CryptoAdmins said the con artists even shared their own group in Hashgraph official telegram group, some people even got invited personally by one of the fake accounts. Please share this so people wont get scammed by these con artists anymore.  

Here is an image of the scammers teamspeak (looks very professional):

This is very informative post and I must commend it because you definitely have save some lives and it's timely, research and investigative work will help to flush scammers out, they are using different means..  I hope everybody get extra careful in the crypto world as there are so many that are ready to rip you off of your money
Osayo

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 11:53:07 PM

This is very surprising again, a new tactics been used by the scammers. Well done for fishing them out. I am sure there may still be some other similar groups uncovered. Everyone should be vigilant.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
Karlblaise1

Activity: 131
Merit: 2

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:04:27 AM

lol, that is one out of many that is lurking out there, looking for whom to defraud.
From the excerpt of the story surrounding these chaps, i want to believe they're new into the game because; their scripts were poorly crafted and executed.

Some other ICO's wouldn't mind making it real and investing close to a million to make close to a million and then find their escape route.

My advice:
-  Always know that there'll always be cases of scam ICO once in a while, till ICO's gets regulated
-  Do your personal research
-  Verify the contact details if possible and pray that we don't fall victim of even the best crafted frauds.

Best of luck!

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io
iASIC

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

AMA BCT

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:07:57 AM

I was lurking around Telegram looking for a good ICO to join. Then this post appeared https://medium.com/@cryptomedics/fake-private-ico-group-scam-exposed-db421b63dbaf. The scammers created a private ICO group to lure people in saying they are genuine staff of Hedera Hashgraph looking for new investors. After investigating the scammers, the CM admins found out their leader, his name is Jonathan Teroskyi. They also said that at least there are four people involve in the scam. Additionally, one of the CryptoAdmins said the con artists even shared their own group in Hashgraph official telegram group, some people even got invited personally by one of the fake accounts. Please share this so people wont get scammed by these con artists anymore.  

Here is an image of the scammers teamspeak (looks very professional):

You should be careful in choosing good ICO projects. Projects that automatically add you to their group are certainly not a good project. There will be no project to do so. So you need to be careful. You should look for good ICO projects in the Bounties section of Bitcoin. There are many great projects. Highly viewable projects should be consulted.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 08:02:49 PM

This is very useful information and it is important that you have posted it here, thank you for that. If we all start posting the icos when we discover that they are scams then there will be less cases of people investing into scam icos and losing their money. That way we can easily help to eliminate the scam icos since if no one is investing in them then they die out.
There are lots of them out there and if care is not taken, we might end up losing some money to them.
There is a section that is presently being advertised on the forum, where scam projects are being reported. I think whoever wants to invest you first visit the section and search or ask about the project you are about investing in.

This is the section of the forum i am referring to:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
VieleSind

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 08:07:37 PM

Hmm. I think you should move your topic to Scam Accusations section, it's place to report scammer, scam ICO project, scam campaign in this forum. I think you should move your topic to this section to attract more people to help them stay away from this scam one Smiley.
ElenaN

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:39:30 PM

This is a good publication because it is useful to many who have not yet had time to fall for their bait!
Whaletale
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:48:18 PM

I still don't understand how people still fall in to such cheap scam cause I don't just get in to a group if invited by people or link sent by people to me , I search and make sure I get in to the group through the site and watch closely before have any thing to do with them and cant just pay into a wallet someone send to me with no link to main team.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: