Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:05:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkcoin will hit 3$ (at least) by the end of this week!  (Read 2560 times)
volunteering2014 (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:55:37 AM

Darkcoin has raised +130% during the last 24H, and this is only the beginning!
This is the greatest coin that came out during the last weeks, and has only upwards potential.

1. Phase 1 of Darksend Technology is over, DEV's are working to fix the problems they encountered.
2. Kimono Gravity Well implemented
3. NO PREMINE
4. ASIC resistant
5. 84 million coins max!
6. Healthy block reward halving --> 1 year
7. Not on big exchanges yet!

I love this coin, and I foresee a great future for this one!
frajervitalny

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

We bow in its aura

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:05:02 PM

Where can one buy it right now? thanx

▐ LISK▐ is a Decentralized Application and Sidechain Platform written in Node.JS! Running on Delegated Proof of Stake. Including a Dapp Store and much more!
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:05:27 PM

https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_drk
Prabhjot Lalli

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:14:43 PM

https://c-cex.com/

Help out a DRK-Fella: Xvun45BghdWdyoBQX1aGGTjcD5UcQtyeP8 Thanks a lot!
SXC_Freak

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:31:19 PM

Just bought, I also read darksend is now working!
bitcoin-world.de

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

bitcoin-world.de - The european information source

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:42:32 PM

have tried to mine this coin for a few days where the coin was not on the market with a amd x6 and found a block luckily, but didnt mine it longer than one 3 days but only one block, but now this is enough for 3 days cpu mining.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:47:12 PM

I have mined this coin a little bit and do like the fundamentals, but have a general question or two.

I may be wrong, but didn't the developers say they plan to opensource the 'darksend' tech? If so, wouldn't that seem counter-intuitive to making this coin unique?

How does Darkcoin differ from Zerocoin? Well, besides the obvious, that Zerocoin hasn't been released yet.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:02:04 PM

"Darkcoin will hit 3$ (at least) by the end of this week!"

Dropped by 20% lately.

You never know. Could be a few more good pumps&dumps left in it.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
poornamelessme

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:07:20 PM

Dropped by 20% lately.

I admit I am new to cryptos, but I do find the pump and dump mindset a bit too prevalent here in general. I realize that almost all alt coins could be considered garbage, or their whole selling point is based on a logo or name of the coin ... but for coins with unique code, like Darkcoin, wouldn't it make more sense to simply hold it longterm? Not every single coin is garbage meant to be dumped.
SXC_Freak

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:13:01 PM

Dropped by 20% lately.

I admit I am new to cryptos, but I do find the pump and dump mindset a bit too prevalent here is general. I realize that almost all alt coins could be considered garbage, or their whole selling point is based on a logo or name of the coin ... but for coins with unique code, like Darkcoin, wouldn't it make more sense to simply hold it longterm? Not every single coin is garbage meant to be dumped.

+1
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:30:36 PM

Didn't mean to be harsh. One does get jaded by new coins that make astronomical gains in hours and days. Its obvious the pump&dump mentality is hard at work. I do hope Darkcoin stands the test of time.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:46:28 PM

I'm definitely holding some Darkcoin for the long term.
I have mined this coin a little bit and do like the fundamentals, but have a general question or two.

I may be wrong, but didn't the developers say they plan to opensource the 'darksend' tech? If so, wouldn't that seem counter-intuitive to making this coin unique?

How does Darkcoin differ from Zerocoin? Well, besides the obvious, that Zerocoin hasn't been released yet.
You can't have anonymous technology and it be closed source in this day and age.  People wouldn't trust it.

As for Darkcoin versus Zerocoin, the developer of Darkcoin recently commented on exactly that:

Quote from: eduffied
I’ve heard some chatter and misconceptions about the difference between Darkcoin vs Zerocoin, so here’s a write up about the pros and cons of each approach and what they do differently.

Darkcoin

First off, most people start by asking is DarkSend actually real and does it work? Yes! Checkout the development progress here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=467857.0

DarkSend is based off of Greg Maxwells original idea called Coinjoin, with some added improvements and decentralization. The decentralized approach is important because the logic is self contained in the client, which is managed by the users themselves. This is a trustless solution.

Darkcoin uses the base transaction layer to sign it’s transactions in much the same way that Bitcoin does. The mathematics are tried and true and have been used for years in computer security and banking.

Transactions will be grouped together and the same cost as sending transactions on the normal network. Both DarkSend and normal transactions will be available to choose from, but at some point we might default to DarkSend (and go Dark).

It’s also worth noting that this approach doesn’t bloat the blockchain at all either. Transactions are the same size as the would have been.

Zerocoin

The approach Zerocoin takes is to use some exotic mathematics to hide the identity with a zero-knowledge proof. This allows a higher quality of anonymity, but also could have some unforeseen hole that will be exploited later.

Checkout this link to see the mathematics I'm talking about: https://github.com/Zerocoin/libzerocoin/blob/master/AccumulatorProofOfKnowledge.cpp

Zerocoin's proof of work is in the 2kb range, which was reduced from 1024kb in Mathew Green’s original work. These proofs must be stored in the blockchain for each transaction that goes through the network for confirmation purposes and the ledger history, so this will cause a lot of bloat. There is also a need for these proofs to be processed by the networks nodes, being larger will cause more intense CPU usage with smaller transaction rates.

The spec for Zerocoin also requires a 100% premine. I believe mining is what gives cryptocurrency their base value, so this could be a problem for the currency in the long haul.

With the high CPU usage, how will the network deal with DDOS attacks? I could send bad proofs that must be processed. It’s much harder with the Bitcoin protocol because the math is pretty fast and you would be banned quickly.

Imagine if Zerocoin had to deal with 20 transactions a minute, that would be 58.98MB/day that will be added to the blockchain. After a year, that would add up to 21.5GB. Now god forbid you have to reindex this, you’ll have to process all of the proofs on your computer? That might take another year to complete.

---

I think the Darkcoin approach has the best mix of features, with the least risk and it’s decentralized. So we definitely have our place in the market.

References:

Coinjoin spec: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.0;all
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 07:50:29 PM

Didn't mean to be harsh. One does get jaded by new coins that make astronomical gains in hours and days. Its obvious the pump&dump mentality is hard at work. I do hope Darkcoin stands the test of time.

But most Coins don't
Best of luck for dark

poornamelessme

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:54:01 PM

Thanks for the followup info. That explains the opensource reasoning.

And that may also explain why other coins didn't accept zerocoin's previous offer of sharing the tech for use in an existing coin. If I remember right, their initial goal wasn't to be a coin by itself, but to be incorporated into an already existing coin.

And yeah, Darkcoin does sound better.

I have also wondered if Fedora Tips could be considered a competitor, in regard to anonymous sending. But I then wondered if a coin has billions and billions out there and is used primarily for tiny, tiny tip transactions, why do you need to be anonymous to begin with? I don't think people sending 1/10th of a penny would really care if anyone knows who sent it.
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:37:09 AM

Thanks for the followup info. That explains the opensource reasoning.

And that may also explain why other coins didn't accept zerocoin's previous offer of sharing the tech for use in an existing coin. If I remember right, their initial goal wasn't to be a coin by itself, but to be incorporated into an already existing coin.

And yeah, Darkcoin does sound better.

I have also wondered if Fedora Tips could be considered a competitor, in regard to anonymous sending. But I then wondered if a coin has billions and billions out there and is used primarily for tiny, tiny tip transactions, why do you need to be anonymous to begin with? I don't think people sending 1/10th of a penny would really care if anyone knows who sent it.

I was wondering this myself.  How does darksend differ from the mixing service implemented by tips?  They are both anonymous transactions.

omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:28:37 AM

I went and bought some darkcoin tonight. looks like a wiiner to me
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 07:15:12 AM

I am not getting involved in this hype so good luck everybody.

tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:16:31 AM

Smart man, hope many of you learned from Maxcoin and Vertcoin hype.
goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:57:07 AM

Hype?
Who is talking about a hype?
This is an innovating, multipoolproof coin.
I'm loving it!

mechanikalk

Activity: 99
Merit: 91

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:44:32 PM

I bought Vertcoin for 0.4mBTC.  I bought Dark for 0.5mBTC.  I am still loving both investments, and I think there is room to grow.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: