Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:23:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: http://btcrow.com/ legit or scam?  (Read 4374 times)
astana (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 08:05:07 PM

I'm working on a deal/trade but both us have 0 rep I found http://btcrow.com/ escrow service is this good/legit or scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hmblm1245

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 09:03:27 PM

i have never used, although i should have, but it seems legit.
MelMan2002

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 09:10:34 PM

I've used it before for a smallish exchange and it seemed to work ok.  I just thought that some of their instructions were a little confusing but the guy who runs it is responsive and helpful.

19F6veduCZcudwXuWoVosjmzziQz4EhBPS
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 09:24:50 PM

I would love it if this works. The problem I have with Bitcoins is that it's way too easy to get scammed. But with a service like this, it should work perfect

astana (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 08:57:12 AM

I think moneybookers escrow is the way of the future for large amounts, the other party scam the other with  out  getting what they asked for.
lostinmars

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 03:23:40 PM

I used btcrow.com before with no issues from other party and the funds were released from the site. I think it's legit but the visuals and instructions are a little poor.

lostinmars
BTCrow

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2011, 08:14:58 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2011, 12:51:14 AM by BTCrow

Hi, I'm the owner of BTCrow.com.

I cannot really say it's legit since I run it... but here's some review here: http://www.bitcoinsreview.com/2011/07/21/btcrow-com/

Most people who used it was happy with the service I was offering to help and resolve their dispute, and I'm very proud of it.

In this thread I see that a lot of new comer to my service think the instructions are not clear, could you provide me more feedback regarding this. I would love to make it more clear for all people.

If you have any other suggestions or comment regarding my escrow service, just let me know here or in the official thread.

Thanks

Jules

blue.mitzi

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 06:22:43 AM

The main test will come when some one want's to deposit 500+ coins, will the owner  suddenly get 'hacked' or just 'vanish'
BTCrow

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2011, 01:21:34 PM

The main test will come when some one want's to deposit 500+ coins, will the owner  suddenly get 'hacked' or just 'vanish'

I understand your fears regarding this, With a lot of people already started bitcoin services and scammed a lot of customers...

The main reason why I started this escrow was to help people in the bitcoin community to not get ripped off by anonymous people on the net while staying anonymous.

If I got hacked, this is not the fault of customer and they don't have to pay for that. This is my responsibility to make the interface / service safe from crackers and that is something that I worked hard for.

I cannot say that this escrow service give me enough income to live on it and eventually pay for the incidents that could happen. But, I am backed up by a lot of others business I run also: adigniter.org / mobicow.com / large mailing lists (about 40 MM) with affiliate product rotating, etc. I'm also doing security pentesting for customers sometimes.

So all this can backup if something goes wrong, cause yes the customer don't have to pay for that.

For transactions my escrow already handle nice ones near 2000$ for one transaction.

blue.mitzi

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 02:59:57 PM

If I got hacked, this is not the fault of customer and they don't have to pay for that. This is my responsibility to make the interface / service safe from crackers and that is something that I worked hard for.

I wouldn't hold my breath, I'd imagine there are some very smart people out there who have their eye's on your site. I've seen nearly anything & everything broken with in time, unless your military or shadow op's/CIA they have the resources to have the tightest security known to man you will be vulnerable.

If you have enough capital to back loses then I'd be happy to give your service a go.
odysseus654

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 09:14:38 PM

I thought the BitCoin protocol was written to permit these kinds of "escrow contracts" to be written without having to have a trusted third party holding all the cards... ?
ScoobieDoo

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 12:38:41 AM

Sounds like it could be a potential risk for both parties.
biometrics

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 06:02:52 AM

I thought the BitCoin protocol was written to permit these kinds of "escrow contracts" to be written without having to have a trusted third party holding all the cards... ?

No the Bitcoon protocol doesn't support "escrow contracts". Transactions are irrevocable.
odysseus654

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 07:45:11 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2011, 08:25:10 AM by odysseus654

No the Bitcoon protocol doesn't support "escrow contracts". Transactions are irrevocable.

Yah, but transactions can also be written to require multiple signatures for release, or for various combinations of sigatures to have it be refunded one way or another or something.  https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Contracts has a number of ways this could go.

Of course none of the official clients can do any of this, all their contracts tend to read "you are permitted to claim this money if and only if the hash of your public key is the following BitCoin address" so most transactions look pretty much the same.  Although there are some "strange" ones out there that don't follow the pattern http://blockexplorer.com/txstats

[EDIT: and another thing!]

So to respond to your earlier statement, transactions are only irrevocable because every known bitcoin client makes sure the "this transaction is irrevocable" checkbox is checked whenever you send money.  It doesn't mean that BitCoin doesn't support escrow contracts, only that no one has decided to write something that sends those kinds of messages.
biometrics

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 10:49:15 AM

Yah, but transactions can also be written to require multiple signatures for release, or for various combinations of sigatures to have it be refunded one way or another or something.  https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Contracts has a number of ways this could go.

Of course none of the official clients can do any of this, all their contracts tend to read "you are permitted to claim this money if and only if the hash of your public key is the following BitCoin address" so most transactions look pretty much the same.  Although there are some "strange" ones out there that don't follow the pattern http://blockexplorer.com/txstats

[EDIT: and another thing!]

So to respond to your earlier statement, transactions are only irrevocable because every known bitcoin client makes sure the "this transaction is irrevocable" checkbox is checked whenever you send money.  It doesn't mean that BitCoin doesn't support escrow contracts, only that no one has decided to write something that sends those kinds of messages.

Thanks for that info. Looks like the design does support escrow type contracts, without needing a third party! I guess we'll have to wait for someone to complete the front-end to support this.
sokodi

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:44:14 PM

This BtCRow is affiliated with bcchanger, scammer paradise.

Do not trust at all.
BTCrow

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 01:01:15 AM

This BtCRow is affiliated with bcchanger, scammer paradise.

Do not trust at all.

Unfortunately there have been scammers on bcchanger. This however is no reflection on btcrowcom.

We took over the bcchanger.com website, but simply haven't had funds to progress the site to where it should/could be. We certainly do not condone or take part in scamming. We have a zero tolerance for scamming, anyone caught scamming on bcchanger is immediately banned from the site or exposed in the forum.

Eito

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:57:46 AM

Its legit IMHO. I've used it for a few mid-size transactions.
The owner is very professional. That's what this bitcoin community lacks. More honest legit friends rather than scammers!
Bitcoin.Greece

Activity: 412

Bitcoin is the Future of currency

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 09:13:41 PM

I plan to use this service tommorow and also I want to be in the Affiliate program ...
I will let know everyone how it goes ....

Get a VPN - Protect yourself
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:17:37 PM

I plan to use this service tommorow and also I want to be in the Affiliate program ...
I will let know everyone how it goes ....

Any luck?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: