Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:18:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Women have to take the lead!  (Read 5016 times)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 08:30:07 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 04:45:17 PM by bitpop

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 09:02:08 AM

miner perhaps, you clearly have fantastic digging-a-hole-and-make-it-deeper-faster skills ...  

Cheesy

And you're an expert at poorly veiled passive-aggressive accusations of racism towards people you disagree with, are you a news anchor?
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:22:46 AM

the hell?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 09:26:55 AM

lol don't ask me, I'm just reverse trolling Tongue
russokai

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:11:33 AM

(1) The following statement is true:

Women ≠ Men

(2) The following statements are false:

Men > Women
Women > Men

(3) Anyone who refutes (1) and/or (2) is a fucking retard.  

Don't expect most people to understand what you just said.  But yes absolutely true, but doesn't work for people who are only capable of black and white thinking.
editninja

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:18:17 AM

I am both a woman, and deeply passionate about Bitcoin. I am an early adopter, and self-taught. I read the whitepaper, and thought to myself, "This is an excellent investment opportunity." I did the rest on my own. For the past 2+ years, it has been ME preaching about the wonders of the protocol to anyone who would listen. I don't have any background in programming or math, but I am smart enough to identify a revolutionary technology when I see it.

My point is, I have a vagina between my legs, and I am not ugly, fat, socially awkward, or stupid. I'm also tired of having to say that in order to qualify myself as a successful member of society on internet forums. I'm sure someone will reply "Tits or gtfo" to this post, which is exactly the pervasive attitude problem I seek to address.

Now we have to realize that a Woman will never bother to buy a coin, because that is nerdy and Women don't like nerdy.

No Woman hoards money. They will spend it as fast as they can, thus finally giving Bitcoin the possibility to be a real currency.

As of yet you will have to help a Woman to make a transaction with Bitcoin every time, because they can't be bothered learning how to do it, be it one transaction, be it 1000. You'll alwasy start at step one. Bitcoin-Transactions are just something no Woman wants (or should have) to learn, because she really has other concerns, like dressing nice and going to the Prom and be an actress.

While OP purported to voice something resembling a worthwhile sentiment about bringing women into the BTC community, the above quotes are foolish marginalizations that do not reflect the wisdom that this community will need to stand up to the major government opposition that is likely coming. I doubt that someone like Roger Ver or Marc Andreessen is chortling behind a computer screen at their taunting of the few women who actually show themselves around here. Sure, female BTCers are a rare breed at the moment. Sure, my comment history indicates an initial unfamiliarity with how transactions are broadcast. (How else would you expect someone self-taught to learn?) But I would bet that there were even fewer women nerding around the fledgling internet in 1995. A critical first step towards getting more women into the community is to BE NICE to us, and that means not making blanket assumptions. Just because your ex-girlfriend is a shopaholic doesn't mean I am.

The question has been raised as to why women seem to be uninterested in cryptocurrency. In my experience a lot of men aren't interested in it, either. Every time I hang out with my boyfriend, he listens to me go on for at least 10 minutes about how awesome Bitcoin is. Then I encourage him to buy some, and he says, "That sounds like too much work. I'll never remember all those passwords. I don't get it." He's a smart guy. He just doesn't want to put the effort in to understand it. It drives me crazy. I only have one other male friend who really knows what Bitcoin is, and he doesn't own any. Does that mean that men aren't interested in Bitcoin? Obviously not.

Anecdotal evidence aside, during this emergence of cryptocurrency, it's really about what people are made out of. Do they have enough faith in their intellect to study a new financial instrument? Are they technically savvy enough to protect themselves against being hacked? Do they have the discipline to not spend more than what they can afford to lose? Will they panic-sell the moment there are thunderclouds on the horizon? All of these qualities are gender-neutral.

I am holding on long-term to the roller coaster here. I have done my homework. I am confident. And if I'm wrong, I'll be ok.

http://imgur.com/nu2Mipb
salstimda

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:57:25 AM

Really! We have to get Women on Board.

You know, i consider myself a Feminist, and its just unfair that nobody helps Women to get into Bitcoin. We will all suffer, because there are no Women around. And I'll tell you the Reason why: I've just read that Thread about if Women use Bitcoin or not and I stumbled over some quote from some Woman-Reporter. She mentioned, that Women are responsible for so and so many sales (Like Trillions) and it is a missed opportunity if you don't have them on board because then they will spend the money elsewhere.

Now we have to realize that a Woman will never bother to buy a coin, because that is nerdy and Women don't like nerdy. And Woman SHOULD not buy the coin, they should WANT the coin because of what you can DO with the Coin. Women will help Bitcoin, because they wont hoard it. No Woman hoards money. They will spend it as fast as they can, thus finally giving Bitcoin the possibility to be a real currency. That is one MAJOR problem solved. With Women - Dont make it about the coin, make it about the amenities you have have with it. Women want to buy stuff that is A) expensive, B) fun, C) makes their girlfriends jealous and D) sparkles. Bitcoin has NONE of these qualities and - lets face it - wont ever have. So we can state, that Bitcoin is not apealing to Women, which is a shame, because Women are very important.

It is right, what the Woman-Reporter said. Women do buy lots of stuff, they spend so fucking much money. But they like things to be easy and smooth and to sparkle. It MUST not be complicated, it must not be necessary to think about what you're doing and it must not feel nerdy or creepy, but super-awesome. It must be as easy as opening your wallet and take the money out. As of yet you will have to help a Woman to make a transaction with Bitcoin every time, because they can't be bothered learning how to do it, be it one transaction, be it 1000. You'll alwasy start at step one. Bitcoin-Transactions are just something no Woman wants (or should have) to learn, because she really has other concerns, like dressing nice and going to the Prom and be an actress. As a Feminist I say, we as a community are doing WAY to little to help Woman come to use Bitcoin.

An Example: You know why Apple has had its huge success? WOMEN bought it because its easy. You basically can't do shit with an Ipad, because its so locked up, but its oh sooo easy to use. Everything that is hard is not for the Women! It really is not. Women are the real driving force in the economy. They have the financial power and often the say in spendings. Big commercial hits have all been EASY. Same with EVERY major thing in the last 20 years. Look at the adaption-rate of the Internet. The Women only started to come in after the modems died. Modems virtually scared the Women away from the internet, made strange noises and just did not feel right. Why should a Woman have to wait for Internets, feeling uncomfortable and scared by those strange noises? Dial-up was way to complicated, like 10times to complicated. But we managed this problem and made Internet as easy as 1-2-3 and then even easier. And -bam- came the Women. They all came! To make things short: If you want something to suceed - WOMEN must want it and then it HAS to be easy.

Bitcoin is NOT easy. Its just not. You know that. Think from a female perspective. Bitcoin is not funny, it does not make you laugh or feel good and there is nothing to feel. But these are the core-assests for Women. What is being done to enable Women to handle Bitcoins? We must motivate them and find a way to make it so easy to use, a 4-year-old Boy could handle it without a problem. Thats an exaggeration, but you get the point. I think this is one MAJOR direction we have to go with Bitcoin to really arrive at the Mainstream and get the money flowing in.

So lets make things easy for the Women, we'll all profit from it.

Edit: Had to clarify things, it was a little to feminist, I toned that down a little.

As long as you assume in your head that everyone on the internet is male, this will be the truth in your head. nothing really can change this, besides you opening your mind and realize the world isn't black and white.
Chellger (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:58:14 AM

Really! We have to get Women on Board.

You know, i consider myself a Feminist, and its just unfair that nobody helps Women to get into Bitcoin. We will all suffer, because there are no Women around. And I'll tell you the Reason why: I've just read that Thread about if Women use Bitcoin or not and I stumbled over some quote from some Woman-Reporter. She mentioned, that Women are responsible for so and so many sales (Like Trillions) and it is a missed opportunity if you don't have them on board because then they will spend the money elsewhere.

Now we have to realize that a Woman will never bother to buy a coin, because that is nerdy and Women don't like nerdy. And Woman SHOULD not buy the coin, they should WANT the coin because of what you can DO with the Coin. Women will help Bitcoin, because they wont hoard it. No Woman hoards money. They will spend it as fast as they can, thus finally giving Bitcoin the possibility to be a real currency. That is one MAJOR problem solved. With Women - Dont make it about the coin, make it about the amenities you have have with it. Women want to buy stuff that is A) expensive, B) fun, C) makes their girlfriends jealous and D) sparkles. Bitcoin has NONE of these qualities and - lets face it - wont ever have. So we can state, that Bitcoin is not apealing to Women, which is a shame, because Women are very important.

It is right, what the Woman-Reporter said. Women do buy lots of stuff, they spend so fucking much money. But they like things to be easy and smooth and to sparkle. It MUST not be complicated, it must not be necessary to think about what you're doing and it must not feel nerdy or creepy, but super-awesome. It must be as easy as opening your wallet and take the money out. As of yet you will have to help a Woman to make a transaction with Bitcoin every time, because they can't be bothered learning how to do it, be it one transaction, be it 1000. You'll alwasy start at step one. Bitcoin-Transactions are just something no Woman wants (or should have) to learn, because she really has other concerns, like dressing nice and going to the Prom and be an actress. As a Feminist I say, we as a community are doing WAY to little to help Woman come to use Bitcoin.

An Example: You know why Apple has had its huge success? WOMEN bought it because its easy. You basically can't do shit with an Ipad, because its so locked up, but its oh sooo easy to use. Everything that is hard is not for the Women! It really is not. Women are the real driving force in the economy. They have the financial power and often the say in spendings. Big commercial hits have all been EASY. Same with EVERY major thing in the last 20 years. Look at the adaption-rate of the Internet. The Women only started to come in after the modems died. Modems virtually scared the Women away from the internet, made strange noises and just did not feel right. Why should a Woman have to wait for Internets, feeling uncomfortable and scared by those strange noises? Dial-up was way to complicated, like 10times to complicated. But we managed this problem and made Internet as easy as 1-2-3 and then even easier. And -bam- came the Women. They all came! To make things short: If you want something to suceed - WOMEN must want it and then it HAS to be easy.

Bitcoin is NOT easy. Its just not. You know that. Think from a female perspective. Bitcoin is not funny, it does not make you laugh or feel good and there is nothing to feel. But these are the core-assests for Women. What is being done to enable Women to handle Bitcoins? We must motivate them and find a way to make it so easy to use, a 4-year-old Boy could handle it without a problem. Thats an exaggeration, but you get the point. I think this is one MAJOR direction we have to go with Bitcoin to really arrive at the Mainstream and get the money flowing in.

So lets make things easy for the Women, we'll all profit from it.

Edit: Had to clarify things, it was a little to feminist, I toned that down a little.

Guys (Edit: and Girls), as much as i love the ongoing conversation here, it was really just a total Trollpost that I've made yesterday when I was bored in office, (same as today). To lift my spirits, I figured, I fuck with you a little. Some lines that I brought should have tipped you of though.

"Modems virtually scared the Women away from the internet, made strange noises and just did not feel right. Why should a Woman have to wait for Internets, feeling uncomfortable and scared by those strange noises?" Really?

When I wrote this, I thought about a cat that has no idea what is going on, sitting there, staring at a working printer which its wonderful big beautiful uncomprehending eyes. Look it up on youtube - Cats and Printers. Its Hilliarious. But while it was a Trollpost, which i very much enjoyed writing, nearly shat myself - I am utterly convinced that there is no room for feminism in Bitcoin. Simply because there is nothing that feminsm could or would have to fight. There is no inequality. If there is any fair currency, its fucking Bitcoin. Every woman can get into Crytpocurreny and Bitcoin as she pleases. Some Women do, most don't. That is it. There is enough room for Women though and it would be a good thing if they'd join us in masses! They won't.

Point that I want to make is: Stop saying there are so many hurdles for Women. There are hurdles when I go to the toilet. There's a door I have to open, there's a walk to be had, and if I don't want it to be a total clusterfuck I have to get my pants down. I trust women - EASILY trust them - to be smart enough to come in and get into Bitcoin, have fun with it, make money with it, lose everything, whatever they fancy - Same as us men. So special treatment required.
salstimda

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:01:55 AM

Guys, as much as i love the ongoing conversation here, it was really just a total Trollpost that I've made yesterday when I was bored in office, (same as today). To lift my spirits, I figured, I fuck with you a little. Some lines that I brought should have tipped you of though.

"Modems virtually scared the Women away from the internet, made strange noises and just did not feel right. Why should a Woman have to wait for Internets, feeling uncomfortable and scared by those strange noises?" Really?

When I wrote this, I thought about a cat that has no idea what is going on, sitting there, staring at a working printer which its wonderful big beautiful uncomprehending eyes. Look it up on youtube - Cats and Printers. Its Hilliarious. But while it was a Trollpost, which i very much enjoyed writing, nearly shat myself - I am utterly convinced that there is no room for feminism in Bitcoin. Simply because there is nothing that feminsm could or would have to fight. There is no inequality. If there is any fair currency, its fucking Bitcoin. Every woman can get into Crytpocurreny and Bitcoin as she pleases. Some Women do, most don't. That is it. There is enough room for Women though and it would be a good thing if they'd join us in masses! They won't.

"There is no inequality. If there is any fair currency, its fucking Bitcoin."

rotfl, sure. what a fair currency! only the ones who have actual funds are able to mine bitcoins with hardware, or just buy it with fiat. and its deflationary so the rich guys will get even richer over time, contrary to how it works with the inflationary fiat...sure, there is NO inequality in bitcoin, everyone just has the same and its the most fair currency. i LOLed alot.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:10:24 AM

miner perhaps, you clearly have fantastic digging-a-hole-and-make-it-deeper-faster skills ...  

Cheesy

And you're an expert at poorly veiled passive-aggressive accusations of racism towards people you disagree with, are you a news anchor?

hahahaa, no, no, noooo this isn't about me hahahahaha

you dig a hole, then cry and lash out when a passerby points it out ... enjoy your hole

you get the last word

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 11:11:15 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 04:45:26 PM by bitpop

Vexatious

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:15:46 AM

I'm a woman and I am the opposite of every stereotype posted in the OP. It seems you boys need to get out more... /shrug

BTC Address: 1LKrhNXUDBZANdtqzE3Au9xjFHVCADfc9S
SolarCoin address: 8dDpPHrRBedyWBzxvbXD3paGkDjJkPRN2i
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:33:57 PM

You know, i consider myself a Feminist, ...

Women want to buy stuff that is A) expensive, B) fun, C) makes their girlfriends jealous and D) sparkles. ...

... But they like things to be easy and smooth and to sparkle. It MUST not be complicated, it must not be necessary to think about what you're doing and it must not feel nerdy or creepy, but super-awesome.

2/10

Decent idea for an attempt at trolling, but sloppy execution.

Register a new account and try again, and be a bit more subtle, then it might work.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:07:13 PM

We need more athletes in Bitcoin.

Why? I have no idea. It is a group that does not have as many Bitcoin users as another group.
When the first person outs themselves as a bitcoin-using athlete will you ask to see their muscles as proof, then pat them on the head and ask if their nerd friend gave them their first bitcoins?
johncarpe64

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:10:43 PM

no
dre_2ooo

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:54:13 PM

Guys, as much as i love the ongoing conversation here, it was really just a total Trollpost that I've made yesterday when I was bored in office, (same as today). To lift my spirits, I figured, I fuck with you a little. Some lines that I brought should have tipped you of though.

"There is no inequality. If there is any fair currency, its fucking Bitcoin."

rotfl, sure. what a fair currency! only the ones who have actual funds are able to mine bitcoins with hardware, or just buy it with fiat. and its deflationary so the rich guys will get even richer over time, contrary to how it works with the inflationary fiat...sure, there is NO inequality in bitcoin, everyone just has the same and its the most fair currency. i LOLed alot.

We have found the answer.  gg. plz cloze thredd modz. ok thx.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 04:03:15 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 04:42:28 PM by bitpop

hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 2647

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:00:34 PM

This is precisely why I hate feminism,

Why would you hate feminism? It's about equality, but I don't know what you think it is.

Now there's a respectable woman. Rings are bullshit.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:09:09 PM

Girls only have legs to move the vagina into position

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I think we need more women getting into Bitcoin too it would benefit us all with adding to mass adoption.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:18:09 PM

(1) The following statement is true:

Women ≠ Men

(2) The following statements are false:

Men > Women
Women > Men

(3) Anyone who refutes (1) and/or (2) is a fucking retard.  

Can you name one invention of significant value created by a woman?
I can name many useful inventions by men, simply looking around my house.

Do you know any woman who has the physical strength to move her own furniture?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: