Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:07:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OpenRigs.com - Aluminium Frames for Mining Rigs  (Read 52267 times)
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 01:34:36 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 01:56:58 PM by fluffypony

Hey all - OpenRigs.com provides flat-packed aluminium frames for GPU altcoin miners, and we'd love you to take a look at our product offering.

The Vitalia Standalone GPU Frame

The Giorgina Horizontally Stackable GPU Frame

The Arianna Grid GPU Frame

All available in 4, 6, or 8 GPU sizes

Our frames are fabricated on-demand in South Africa and shipped worldwide. We have a variety of shipping options available to suit customer's needs and budget, and are happy to look at customised orders where requested.

Any questions? Feel free to ask here or email our support team at info@openrigs.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 01:35:41 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 07:48:37 AM by fluffypony

Why did you close the previous thread and start a new one?

The trolling got really out of hand on the previous thread, so I had to start a new one that was self-moderated. That does not mean that this thread will be used to silence criticism. We are a very, very new company, and even though we're part of a larger group of companies that provides a lot of our infrastructure we've made mistakes and will definitely make mistakes in future. Therefore, we welcome constructive criticism - if we've messed up let us know and we will do what we can to fix it. We also empathise with customers that have chosen our cheapest shipping option (surface mail) and their delivery is taking extraordinarily long, we are keeping on eye on these and where the destination postal service confirms it has gotten lost our insurance does authorise a replacement or refund.

This thread is really meant to allow for potential customers to get answers to their questions, and for existing customers to talk about ways we can improve our frames and new features they'd like to see. If you are frustrated with a delivery that is taking forever, please feel free to PM me and moan. I'll even call you and you can rant on the phone;)

My order seems to be stuck in Cape Town/Johannesburg/Africa...what gives?

Typically, with most postal services, packages get scanned as they exit an area and occasionally when they arrive in certain areas (inbound customs, for example). If it has been scanned and it says something like "Departure from outward office of exchange" or "Insert item into bag out" it means it's physically been put on a boat/plane (depending on the shipping method you have chosen) and has left the country. It isn't stuck, it's gone, and hasn't been scanned in at the next trackable point in its route.

My surface mail parcel hasn't arrived after 5 weeks, where is it?

After around 5 weeks of actual transit time it is in your best interest to call your local post office and ask them if they can track it. Not all surface mail parcels are scanned in and available to track online. Furthermore, in some countries the parcels get a local tracking number and then track on that number, so only the post office will be able to see that it has arrived and will be able to provide you with that in-country tracking number. Typically at around the 8 week transit-time mark it's time to consider that something has gone wrong, and we file a claim with our insurance, who will talk to the local and destination postal services and evaluate whether to hold off for a bit or pay out the claim. Once the claim has been settled we will be in a position to refund or replace, dependent on your preference.

What hardware do you ship with your rigs?

Nobody has actually asked this yet...but just to make it abundantly clear here's what it says in our Terms and Conditions: Many of the images featured on the OpenRigs website show computer hardware mounted inside the OpenRigs product. This does not imply that said hardware is included in a purchase. Unless otherwise stated, all OpenRigs products consist solely of the aluminium and plastic connectors, as well as any other mounting and connector pieces that are part of the product. Hardware such as motherboards, GPUs, PSUs, and other electronic components are not included unless expressly stated as being included on the product page.

Why is the PSU mounted on the side and not underneath the GPUs?

We spent a lot of time testing various configurations, including rear-mounted offset PSUs, vertical motherboard mounting, and so on. We ended up with the following requirements: PSUs need to be easily accessible, all configurations need to support dual PSUs, and regardless of whether a single PSU or dual PSUs are mounted there should be no airflow deadzones or unusual hotspots. The design we ended up with met all those criteria.

Are the GPUs securely supported?

Our design goal with the OpenRigs GPU mining frame wasn't to create an equivalent of a standard ATX case with the same level of physical support. That would be bad for airflow, which is why no miner worth his salt will pack 4 GPUs into a normal ATX case. We wanted to create skeletal, open frames that promote good airflow, and reduce the need to have water-cooling blocks or tons of fans. From a GPU perspective, this means using risers to lift the GPUs off the motherboard. They thus lose the physical support of the motherboard, and have to be held in the air. In order to promote simplicity and elegance, we opted for a form factor that supports the GPUs using the backplate only. The bottom of the backplate is held in place by our own custom-designed GPU clips on to a cross-bar, and the top of the backplate bolts on to a solid aluminium bar. We have run tests where we've plugged and unplugged DVI cables 500 times (without touching the top of the GPU for added support), and the card neither flexed nor took any strain. We are confident in the design, and we are certain there is no need for added physical support for the GPUs.

How long will shipping take to my country?

The delivery and returns policy linked at the bottom of the site gives detail on the production process. A lot of the shipping speed depends entirely on what method you choose - the more expensive the shipping method, the faster it is. Typically speaking, an EMS delivery (our recommended delivery method) from the time of shipping (after fabrication and customs pre-clearance) takes 2-3 weeks.

How much is shipping to my country?

To see your shipping options and their cost, add the items you need to your shopping cart. You can then view your cart by using the Shopping Cart link at the top of the page (also accessible when hovering over the cart icon) and using the Shipping Estimator.

Can I mount two motherboards on an 8 GPU rig?

No, it's not designed for that, and that sort of configuration doesn't promote easy access to hardware and doesn't fit in with our design ethos. You will also find it difficult to mount the PSU on the opposite side of the rig, and if it is mounted only on the one side the ATX power cable won't reach the second motherboard. Finally, you may find that the second motherboard simply doesn't fit in the space near the PSU, as the PSU physically rests on top of the motherboard support bar. You are, of course, welcome to do whatever you want with it once you receive it, but we'd prefer customers opt for a horizontal row of Arianna grid frames than trying to re-purpose something.

What is the difference between the Vitalia, Giorgina, and Arianna?

The Vitalia is a standalone, self-contained unit. It is useful when you have a single rig, or when you have individual rigs you want to keep in separate places. The Giorgina is similar, but stacks vertically. Up to about 3 units is structurally sound. Most customers stack two Giorginas on top of each other, and then put a Vitalia at the top to keep it neat. The Arianna is a grid that stacks both horizontally (in a row) and vertically (same-length rows on top of each other).

What do the various add-ons mean?

Pre-Drilled Bolt Holes: your frame will always come with holes for GPU mounting, and with brass risers for motherboard mounting. This option is for pre-drilled holes to allow you to bolt the aluminium extrusions to the plastic connectors. The holes are ONLY in the plastic connectors, but it is simple to drill holes in the aluminium and through the pre-drilled holes in the plastic if you require. It is not required for structural integrity, and many customers think the bolts detract from the clean lines of the frame. This option, and the nut and bolt set, is recommended for customers who frequently move their rigs around. It is also a suggested option if you think you may use this in the future, as the aluminium will retain its clean look until you decide to add bolts where required.

Nut and Bolt Set: this is a set of 30mm or 40mm nuts and bolts that will allow you to bolt the frame together if you go for the option above. You are also welcome to drill your own bolt holes at your leisure, and use the nut and bolt set to lock it together.

Full Thumbscrew Set: whilst all the frames come with motherboard risers and GPU mounting holes, they don't come with any screws. This option includes a full set of thumb screws for the GPUs and for the motherboard.

No Nut and Bolt Config (Arianna only): this removes the pre-drilled bolt holes and the nut and bolt set from the Arianna grid, as it is a standard option on the Arianna grid series.

What is the "Horizontal Type" option on the Arianna Grid?

Each row in a typical Arianna grid (consisting of 3x3 connected frames, housing 9 rigs in total) has a left end, a middle, and a right end. Since some customers start off with just a left and a right end connected together, and add the middle bit later on when they expand, the horizontal type let's customers pick and choose and build up their grids as necessary. Arianna grids can contain multiple "middle" pieces, although the 3x3 grid has certain advantages such as a consistent heat map, as well as the ability to connect all 9 rigs to a 10-port switch, with 1 free port to connect that switch to the rest of the LAN.

How do you get the risers to reach the cards in 6 and 8 GPU setups?

We recommend 30cm XL powered 1x->16x risers from Buy-A-Hash to reach most of the cards. For cards that are further away, 1x->1x unpowered risers can be daisy chained, as long as the daisy chain is terminated by a 1x->16x powered riser. Unpowered risers can be purchased from Buy-A-Hash or on eBay.

How do you get the PSU connectors to reach the cards in 6 and 8 GPU setups?

To reach those cards furthest from the PSU, we recommend using your PSUs Molex adapters and connecting them to the Molex->PCI-e adapters that came with your graphics card. To stretch these further, you can daisy chain Molex extension cables (available quite cheaply on eBay). The Molex standard provides a tight fit, and there is little chance of power issues even if you stretch your connectors over the full 110cm of an 8 GPU frame.

Are there discounts on large purchases?

For purchases of 10 or more frames please contact us and we can see what we can do to reduce your order cost.

trdiablo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:13:36 PM

Hey all - OpenRigs.com provides flat-packed aluminium frames for GPU altcoin miners, and we'd love you to take a look at our product offering.

The Vitalia Standalone GPU Frame

The Giorgina Horizontally Stackable GPU Frame

The Arianna Grid GPU Frame

All available in 4, 6, or 8 GPU sizes

Our frames are fabricated on-demand in South Africa and shipped worldwide. We have a variety of shipping options available to suit customer's needs and budget, and are happy to look at customised orders where requested.

Any questions? Feel free to ask here or email our support team at info@openrigs.com

Your link in the opening post points to http://images.openrigs.com which is a faulty page.

I would really like to have one of the Standalone rigs but shipping cost of €200 for a rig of €50 is a bit silly. And I am not going to wait 4 to 6 weeks with the cheap option.

You should really look at having a distributor in Europe who is able to express ship to customers in Europe. (I can help you with this, PM me if interested)
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 02:22:33 PM

Your link in the opening post points to http://images.openrig.com which doesnt open well.

I would really like to have one of the Standalone rigs but shipping cost of €200 for a rig of €50 is a bit silly. And I am not going to wait 4 to 6 weeks with the cheap option.

You should really look at having a distributor in Europe who is able to express ship to customers in Europe.

I've changed that to images hosted on imgur, as BTCTalk's image proxy seems to choke on http://images.openrigs.com/image/forums/btctalk-vit-4.jpg (which obviously works).

Aramex is never going to scale well for single units, hence why it isn't our recommended shipping option. It exists for clients who have the money to spend on it, or for our corporate clients that already run larger scale installations of Arianna Grids or Giorgina Stacks and urgently need an extra unit or something like that.

EMS is a much more suitable option to Europe - on a stock 4 GPU Vitalia it comes in around €82, a far cry from €200, and we've had great success with EMS delivery timelines:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action?tRef=qt&tLc=1&tLabels=EE028408333ZA (under a week)
http://auspost.com.au/track/track.html?id=EE028407806ZA (just over a week)
http://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace?page_type=parcel-tracking-details&parcel_number=EE028407752ZA (under a week)
http://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace?page_type=parcel-tracking-details&parcel_number=EE025681525ZA (under a week)
https://www.epg.ae/esvc/services/track/index.xhtml?pageid=MAINMENU_TRACKNTRACE -> EE028407783ZA (under a week)
http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinternet/Result.aspx -> EE025681534ZA (under a week)

wobbzz

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:59:52 PM

Nice job closing the old thread, trying to bury the hatchet. I still have unaddressed issues in that last thread. Thanks for addressing them.

For back reference - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347756.620

Surface mail delivery is hugely unpredictable. We have a customer in Germany that received it via surface mail in 4 weeks. We have customers in the US that received it after 6 weeks. Thus, per the suggestion that has been made previously in this thread, we increased our estimated transit time for surface mail to 6-10 weeks to cover eventualities. I certainly don't begrudge anyone who chooses surface mail shipping, but then there has to be a correlation between the expected arrival and the shipping method chosen.

There was a correlation between the air mail shipping method that I selected during checkout and my expected arrival time. You guys screwed that up and then didn’t notify customers, sticking them with surface mail. Now it has been almost 2 1/2 months since I ordered and 38 days that my shipment has been on a boat with unknown location. I'm sorry, but you don't get to make snide comments like that portraying the issue to be a fault in the customer's shipping selection, when that's not the case in all situations.

35 days since "bag out". No update from USPS. fluffy, can you get any more fidelity on my shipment?

In an email that Riccardo sent out on December 15th (yes, two months ago) he said that "...all of our frames have shipping insurance, so you can be confident that we are able to claim and ship you a new one if it has well and truly disappeared:)"

So at what point will you, Openrigs, consider a shipment to have "disappeared"? We're clearly well beyond the original 21 day quote in this thread for bag out -> boat travel to the U.S.

Still unacknowledged.

z2z me @ zs18642322h0h7hzjknejehavx0srwmungl8uj0t3vsxd7jwzr2kdhrcj38setn7ujd500fqn99y52
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 03:58:21 PM

Nice job closing the old thread, trying to bury the hatchet. I still have unaddressed issues in that last thread. Thanks for addressing them.

For back reference - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347756.620

Surface mail delivery is hugely unpredictable. We have a customer in Germany that received it via surface mail in 4 weeks. We have customers in the US that received it after 6 weeks. Thus, per the suggestion that has been made previously in this thread, we increased our estimated transit time for surface mail to 6-10 weeks to cover eventualities. I certainly don't begrudge anyone who chooses surface mail shipping, but then there has to be a correlation between the expected arrival and the shipping method chosen.

There was a correlation between the air mail shipping method that I selected during checkout and my expected arrival time. You guys screwed that up and then didn’t notify customers, sticking them with surface mail. Now it has been almost 2 1/2 months since I ordered and 38 days that my shipment has been on a boat with unknown location. I'm sorry, but you don't get to make snide comments like that portraying the issue to be a fault in the customer's shipping selection, when that's not the case in all situations.

35 days since "bag out". No update from USPS. fluffy, can you get any more fidelity on my shipment?

In an email that Riccardo sent out on December 15th (yes, two months ago) he said that "...all of our frames have shipping insurance, so you can be confident that we are able to claim and ship you a new one if it has well and truly disappeared:)"

So at what point will you, Openrigs, consider a shipment to have "disappeared"? We're clearly well beyond the original 21 day quote in this thread for bag out -> boat travel to the U.S.

Still unacknowledged.

Sorry - it wasn't meant to leave issues unaddressed or bury the hatchet, hence the first answer in the FAQ above that makes the intentions of this new thread quite clear. I don't know how to make the purpose of this thread more clear than having it as the first point in the FAQ - suggestions are, of course, welcome.

I am in the process of dealing with several unresolved bits in that previous thread. Also, that comment about correlation obviously wasn't addressed to you, as it was addressing the correlation between the person who had his hardware and wanted the frame quickly, yet chose a really slow shipping method. Yours is obviously not the case, and that is why that comment was specifically addressed to the person I was replying to.

Ok so first things first - with regards to the customers, such as yourself, affected by the incorrect shipping method being displayed on the front-end. I was first alerted to that in this thread, and by that stage all of those orders had shipped. Respectfully, what would have been your suggestion on handling it, knowing that we are a boot-strapped startup running on quite thin margins, and belong to a group of companies that has a board of directors to answer to? We can't afford to re-manufacture everyone's order and ship them out. We can't notify customers as we actually don't even know how many orders, and which ones, are affected - we don't log the full text of outgoing mails, unfortunately. Additionally, whilst you may be a genuine, trustworthy individual, we've already had known scammers purchasing from us, we have to be cognisant of being taken advantage of. After all, we've already had at least 1 well known scammer order from us (see previous thread), so it's not like we can account for every customer's ethics.

That having been said, we are fully aware of the mess up. I hadn't addressed this in the previous thread, as I spent some time on the weekend rolling back the database on test to various points at the end of November to see the problem, and I hadn't quite finished my investigation. I think I'm at a point where I know enough to discuss it, though I would've liked to remove the troll-distraction today so I could've finished what I started. At any rate, technical discussion ahead (if you don't care about technical stuff skip ahead two paragraphs) - the root cause of the problem was our full page caching system. In order to make AJAX calls faster, certain pieces of AJAX-requested content (such as the JSON array of enabled shipping options) was cached by the FPC. At any rate, the shipping options were returned with their foreign key, and then subsequent calls can use the key and the session to request a shipping price. (Sidebar: we've since changed this so that there is no caching, and shipping calculations are all done on-demand with a JSON array returned...the reason it existed in the first place is that many of our web properties use a single shipping option, so there are never multiple subsequent calls - it's the nature of reusing a more general working architecture, sometimes you have stuff that is irrelevant to your current solution) Since the foreign key was cached, and we'd changed the underlying data sources (which isn't a db table, so no cascading referential integrity) the fk now pointed to the wrong pk. The reason we can't tell how long this change lived is because the cached JSON data is stored in /dev/shm and served via nginx's X-Accel-Redirect (basically nginx's equivalent of Apache's X-Sendfile), and cached JSON data is expected to be long-lived (so on a slow refresh cycle). Also, /dev/shm is excluded from duplicity, so it won't appear in a remote backup set.

However, there was a snippet I managed to find. Session-specific pages cached by our FPC aren't served off /dev/shm due to size constraints (only more generic pages such as the product and info pages). That cache location is excluded from hourlies but not excluded from dailies. The only session-specific page that is cached by the FPC that contains actual shipping info is the cart page (not the checkout, too dynamic) which gets destroyed every time a change is made to the cart in the session. Whilst not many use the shipping estimator (instead choosing to barrel ahead to checkout to see shipping options), there were a few so that I could see what an actual front-end user would see when using the shipping estimator.

What I found is that there were two options shown to the user: Airmail and EMS. No surface mail, no Aramex. Airmail (which had surface mail's fk) was first on the list and the cheaper of the two, EMS was noticeably more expensive (in reality, and now that it's fixed, at the weight we're shipping these two have a lot of parity). Also, there were no timelines listed. So, generally speaking, customers choosing airmail didn't opt for a specific timeline or delivery period. They saw two options and chose the cheaper of the two. Please understand that I'm not trying to make excuses for the error, but I do see a logical fallacy with users purporting that they chose airmail because it was "faster" when it was the cheapest option. What I had hoped to uncover is that surface mail existed at the same price or lower and they chose airmail, in which case it becomes easier to make a case, you understand? At the end of the day with something like this I also have to go back to the group directors (of which I am one, but far from the majority shareholder of the group) and discuss it with them, and they most assuredly will view things clinically and with a disconnect. It becomes especially complex as we have had some users (with orders on the same day as yours) in the US receive their surface mail shipment within 4 weeks of transit, and several EU customers receive it at the 5-6 week mark, so it's not like it's universal.

Yet, as you have pointed out, we did screw up. That is why on an individual level we are attempting to assist customers. We cannot do this on a blanket basis for the aforementioned reasons, but we can see what we can do to assist customers individually - and you've seen those efforts in the previous thread. So wobbzz, hit me up offline on ric@openrigs.com or via pm, and I will see what I can do help you and to establish with your local postal service if the parcel is, in fact, in the country but simply not tracking correctly.

bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:57:40 PM

Your reply to me:

Quote from: bobsag3 on February 16, 2014, 09:02:52 PM
Gotta love it... evidently mine was shipped (Order 752, that I made on black friday) at the end of january... and has sat in Cape Town since then. As someone who ships things around the world... not acceptable.

It's been touched on in this thread, but quite far back - once it says "insert item into bag out" it means it's left the country. If you track your shipment on UPU's global track and trace (http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/) you'll see it says that "Departure from outward office of exchange" the day after it arrived in Cape Town, so it's on its way.

It has not said "insert item into bag out".

I have:

Local date/time   Activity   Location   Remarks
1/23/2014 2:48 PM   Arrival at outward office of exchange   CAPETOWN D   
1/24/2014 9:44 AM   Departure from outward office of exchange   CAPETOWN D

Thats it.
ycsi

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:59:10 PM

Okay, so, now we have to copy and paste ... continuing our conversation.
Just for the reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347756.msg5192212#msg5192212

Quote from: ycsi on 2014-02-16, 16:45:14
Quote from: fluffypony on 2014-02-16, 16:12:11
If you've had your hardware for months and you wanted this "within a reasonable time frame" it would probably have been a good idea to choose a shipping method that doesn't have a transit time of well over a month...Smiley

Hey fluffy, I've been reading all this from the beginning and waiting patiently for my order to be processed. But, now I have to say something...

Your last comment is not cool. If someone choose regular shipping over very expensive expedited services, you don't have to be a smart ass about it.

Price, with regular shipping cost is acceptable for product like yours, but price with expedited shipping is definitely not very attractive. If that was my only choice, I wouldn't buy from you, for sure.

Now, it appears that regular shipping takes months, not weeks, while your website portrays different picture. Excuses, like holidays, illegal strikes, etc, are just that, excuses. Not to mentioned that I haven't seen any warning on your website about these issues. There is no any indication that customs pre-clearance (never heard of this before) may take many, many days. Also, now that pictures of received parcels are out there, why don' you include one of them on your website, next to that nice infographics at https://openrigs.com/information/information&information_id=6

From your website:
Shipping via regular surface mail typically takes up to 6 weeks (longer if there are import delays at the destination country), and via courier typically takes a week or two at the most. Somewhat in the middle is EMS, which normally takes 2-4 weeks to arrive. Note that these timelines are from the day it leaves the country, and excludes the scheduling phase, fabrication, and customs pre-clearance.

All in, for standard items, you are looking at 14-30 working days for it to arrive, sooner if you opt for expedited shipping (EMS) or courier service (not available to all countries). In extremely rare circumstances parcels are held-up by customs at their destination country. In the event that a parcel is well and truly lost, don't worry, all of our shipping options include insurance, and we will replace your order free-of-charge once the relevant paperwork has been received from your local postal service. Our shipping is 100% transparent with various options available at checkout, but as we are shipping from South Africa you may need to pay for customs or import duties at the country of arrival.

For the record, my order is #1333 (08/01/2014). I have opened a ticket (XJP-LMXRU-597) with no response yet.

That comment wasn't meant to be a smart ass comment - I was merely pointing out that there seems to be no correlation between his expectation and the shipping method.

There was no mention of the strike on the delivery and returns policy because it only affected a portion of parcels by delaying their ability to be processed and track - there's no use warning people who are about to order, as by the time their parcel ships the strike will be over, and people who have already ordered won't go check the delivery and returns policy page for updates.

Thanks for giving me your ticket number - looks like we have tickets getting flagged as spam, I thought we'd removed all the false positives but it looks like there are a bunch in there again. I think we're just going to turn spam filtering off for OpenRigs tickets for a while.

First, I don't see how opening a new thread will solve anything, but you have your reasons that you don't have to explain.

From your comment, I am expecting some response on my ticket today - nothing yet, and I guess your working day is over. I am confused with your explanation that 100s of tickets were marked as spam and ignored. I opened a ticket on your website, filling out the form at https://openrigs.com/information/contact and entering the captcha, so I don't get it how my ticket can be considered as spam???

Regarding the delivery expectations, let's use my order as example (#1333). When I placed the order on Jan-8, based on all info provided in old thread and on your website, my expectation was to have frame delivered within 9 weeks (worst case scenario, using regular mail). So, that would be by March 12th, correct? Now, as far as I know, based on the order status, my order is still in SAR, didn't leave country and I don't have any tracking number, nor ETA. March 12th is in about 3 weeks from now. It's not 4 or 6 weeks from now. So I suggest that you become more transparent regarding the delivery time and instead of talking about a few days for pre-clearance, be honest and inform future buyers that it may take even 3 weeks for pre-screening (customs check) alone.

Here's my order's timeline, as pulled from the website today:
08/01/2014 Awaiting Bitcoin confirmations   
10/01/2014 Processing and pre-fabrication   
16/01/2014 Fabrication  Aluminium has arrived (yay!), plastic is being moulded at the speed of soft thunder, and we're fabricating away!
29/01/2014 Shipped, pending customs check  Your parcel has gone off to customs, who will now do a little x-ray (or whatever they do there) and a paperwork check to make sure all is in order. Due to the backlog that accumulates at customs over the December/January holidays, this may take them a little while, but they will process it and pass it on to the post office for final delivery as quickly as they can. Once that's done we'll be given tracking numbers, which we'll send on to you:)

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 05:29:49 PM

Your reply to me:

Gotta love it... evidently mine was shipped (Order 752, that I made on black friday) at the end of january... and has sat in Cape Town since then. As someone who ships things around the world... not acceptable.

It's been touched on in this thread, but quite far back - once it says "insert item into bag out" it means it's left the country. If you track your shipment on UPU's global track and trace (http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/) you'll see it says that "Departure from outward office of exchange" the day after it arrived in Cape Town, so it's on its way.

I have:

Thats it.

Ok I think there's some confusion here. You mentioned it was stuck in Cape Town, presumably based on the tracking link that was sent to you (which is domestic shipping). That link shows the "Insert item into bag out" (i.e. it left the country) on Jan 24th. The UPU site I sent is a global tracking site and shows that it left the country on Jan 24th ("Departure from outward office of exchange" in their parlance). As you mentioned you are someone who ships things around the world, I'm sure you can back me up that there are no updates when an item is moving between countries, and also that local tracking doesn't always reflect.

Take, for instance, this parcel that was sent to me from the US via USPS' "First Class" parcel service: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action?tRef=qt&tLc=1&tLabels=LN012916338US - there's no local tracking for it (http://sms.postoffice.co.za/TrackingParcels/Parcel.aspx?id=LN012916338US), and yet I received it on Saturday (also, that doesn't even show up on UPU's site, not sure why USPS doesn't push their info to UPU's EDI?)

I think that if it's been 4-ish+ weeks since your parcel left the country ("Insert item into bag out" on SAPO tracking, "Departure from outward office of exchange" on UPU's site) your best bet is always to contact your local postal service and see if they can track it in country, so give it a few more days and then chat to them and see if they can give you more info:) Please let me know if you don't come right!

bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:37:22 PM

Your reply to me:

I have:

Thats it.

Ok I think there's some confusion here. You mentioned it was stuck in Cape Town, presumably based on the tracking link that was sent to you (which is domestic shipping). That link shows the "Insert item into bag out" (i.e. it left the country) on Jan 24th. The UPU site I sent is a global tracking site and shows that it left the country on Jan 24th ("Departure from outward office of exchange" in their parlance). As you mentioned you are someone who ships things around the world, I'm sure you can back me up that there are no updates when an item is moving between countries, and also that local tracking doesn't always reflect.

Take, for instance, this parcel that was sent to me from the US via USPS' "First Class" parcel service: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action?tRef=qt&tLc=1&tLabels=LN012916338US - there's no local tracking for it (http://sms.postoffice.co.za/TrackingParcels/Parcel.aspx?id=LN012916338US), and yet I received it on Saturday (also, that doesn't even show up on UPU's site, not sure why USPS doesn't push their info to UPU's EDI?)

I think that if it's been 4-ish+ weeks since your parcel left the country ("Insert item into bag out" on SAPO tracking, "Departure from outward office of exchange" on UPU's site) your best bet is always to contact your local postal service and see if they can track it in country, so give it a few more days and then chat to them and see if they can give you more info:) Please let me know if you don't come right!

This is why you use a real international carrier like UPS. No, I dont loose my international packages between countries, its just not scanned while in transit. I have shipped things much larger and heavy than your cases bout about what you charged for normal shipping... and I get it there in 3-5 business days tops.
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 05:49:26 PM

Okay, so, now we have to copy and paste ... continuing our conversation.
Just for the reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347756.msg5192212#msg5192212

First, I don't see how opening a new thread will solve anything, but you have your reasons that you don't have to explain.

From your comment, I am expecting some response on my ticket today - nothing yet, and I guess your working day is over. I am confused with your explanation that 100s of tickets were marked as spam and ignored. I opened a ticket on your website, filling out the form at https://openrigs.com/information/contact and entering the captcha, so I don't get it how my ticket can be considered as spam???

Regarding the delivery expectations, let's use my order as example (#1333). When I placed the order on Jan-8, based on all info provided in old thread and on your website, my expectation was to have frame delivered within 9 weeks (worst case scenario, using regular mail). So, that would be by March 12th, correct? Now, as far as I know, based on the order status, my order is still in SAR, didn't leave country and I don't have any tracking number, nor ETA. March 12th is in about 3 weeks from now. It's not 4 or 6 weeks from now. So I suggest that you become more transparent regarding the delivery time and instead of talking about a few days for pre-clearance, be honest and inform future buyers that it may take even 3 weeks for pre-screening (customs check) alone.

Here's my order's timeline, as pulled from the website today:
08/01/2014 Awaiting Bitcoin confirmations   
10/01/2014 Processing and pre-fabrication   
16/01/2014 Fabrication  Aluminium has arrived (yay!), plastic is being moulded at the speed of soft thunder, and we're fabricating away!
29/01/2014 Shipped, pending customs check  Your parcel has gone off to customs, who will now do a little x-ray (or whatever they do there) and a paperwork check to make sure all is in order. Due to the backlog that accumulates at customs over the December/January holidays, this may take them a little while, but they will process it and pass it on to the post office for final delivery as quickly as they can. Once that's done we'll be given tracking numbers, which we'll send on to you:)

Ok I'll try tackle your questions one at a time.

First off, this new thread is self-moderated, the previous one wasn't, so there was literally nothing I could do to stop it from being littered with troll posts. In fact, I explain the reason for the new thread in the 2nd post on this thread (the FAQ) - it's the very first question. I'll cut-and-paste it for your reference:

"Why did you close the previous thread and start a new one?

The trolling got really out of hand on the previous thread, so I had to start a new one that was self-moderated. That does not mean that this thread will be used to silence criticism. We are a very, very new company, and even though we're part of a larger group of companies that provides a lot of our infrastructure we've made mistakes and will definitely make mistakes in future. Therefore, we welcome constructive criticism - if we've messed up let us know and we will do what we can to fix it. We also empathise with customers that have chosen our cheapest shipping option (surface mail) and their delivery is taking extraordinarily long, we are keeping on eye on these and where the destination postal service confirms it has gotten lost our insurance does authorise a replacement or refund.

This thread is really meant to allow for potential customers to get answers to their questions, and for existing customers to talk about ways we can improve our frames and new features they'd like to see. If you are frustrated with a delivery that is taking forever, please feel free to PM me and moan. I'll even call you and you can rant on the phone;)"

The support staff are still working on the backlog; just because we discovered around 100 OpenRigs tickets that weren't there before doesn't mean that tickets stop flowing and let us handle the backlog:) There are after-hours support staff who have been on deck for a few hours, their load quietens down in a bit and then they'll be able to flatten the remaining tickets. Using the web form isn't a magic bullet, unfortunately, as the web form just sends an email to info@openrigs.com it wasn't spared the SpamAsssassin false-positive. Remember, too, that the support system is group-wide across 27 web properties (of which OpenRigs is just 1), so when some bright spark (not me for a change!) added the SA rule it wacked a bunch of tickets (besides the OpenRigs ones).

Finally, in terms of any delay on the customs/post office side with finalising and despatching your order, as was brought out in the previous post there was an unexpected postal workers strike from Jan 27th to all the way through to Feb 12th (you can read the post office's press releases about it here: http://www.postoffice.co.za/group/pressreleases/index.html). We greased some palms, and some of our parcels had minimal impact, and some are still waiting to be processed. That's the extent of the info I have as I'm at home, but once your ticket is replied to there will undoubtedly be more specific info. Hope this all helps:)

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 06:00:34 PM

This is why you use a real international carrier like UPS. No, I dont loose my international packages between countries, its just not scanned while in transit. I have shipped things much larger and heavy than your cases bout about what you charged for normal shipping... and I get it there in 3-5 business days tops.

100% - we use Aramex, who deliver in 3-5 business days. We do a ton of domestic business with them, so they've given us really decent rates. They are available as a shipping option on the website, and have been since the 20th December when we got our international rates package from them. Unfortunately only about 4% of our clients choose them as an option (mostly our enterprise clients).

Since you indicated you get it at roughly the same rate, I'd love to do a like-for-like comparison - why don't you get two prices from UPS to ship one of our boxes (135cm long x 20cm wide x 25cm high, so volumetric weight of 13.5kgs) to Plettenberg Bay, South Africa, 6600 with an actual mass of 5.3kgs for a single unit and just on 20kgs for 4 units (we use less packaging material when we pack more densely). That way we don't talk in hypotheticals, and if UPS offers significant cost-savings I will definitely present that to Aramex and ask them to become price competitive, since clearly they're ripping us off at like 7x the price.

Bossland

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:07:54 PM

Someone got rid of the old thread with 99.8 % negative posts, nicely done ...

it is now over 73 days since my order #850 was paid, and it does not seem that it will ever arrive.

Please do not buy here...
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 06:26:18 PM

Someone got rid of the old thread with 99.8 % negative posts, nicely done ...

it is now over 73 days since my order #850 was paid, and it does not seem that it will ever arrive.

Please do not buy here...

Nobody got rid of the old thread - I moved to a self-moderated thread for reasons explained in the FAQ (2nd post of this thread). And it was very far from 99.8% negative posts - here is a link if you'd like to check the posts: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347756

Your order is in transit and is tracking on dhl.de, typical transit times that we're seeing for surface mail to Germany is within 4-6 weeks, which is in line with what you agreed to during checkout (in our delivery and returns policy). We've since extended that estimate to 6-10 weeks of transit time to make sure there are no false expectations.

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 06:31:43 PM

Ok so I jumped the gun and got a quote online from UPS to deliver to your address. Using their cheapest service, for a single unit it would cost R4 896.05 ($452.16) and for 4 units it would cost R5 907.83 ($545.59). I tried different pickup dates, it doesn't affect their online quote service.

Incidentally, EMS for the same shipment is $130.50 for the former and $416.53 for the latter, and Aramex is $284.17 for the former and for $568.35 for the latter.

guitar82

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:01:11 PM

So my order is still hanging since black friday. Order #747 which said it left on 1/10/2014. USPS has no additional information on the package and it seems like the boat was lost in the bermuda triangle. I have been trying to be patient, but at this point it has been almost 3 months. When do you consider the packages lost?
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 07:06:08 PM

So my order is still hanging since black friday. Order #747 which said it left on 1/10/2014. USPS has no additional information on the package and it seems like the boat was lost in the bermuda triangle. I have been trying to be patient, but at this point it has been almost 3 months. When do you consider the packages lost?

We can lodge the claim with our insurance, with whom we have specific logistics cover. Here's the process as I understand it: they will enquire with USPS, and if USPS say it's en-route (it's unlikely for an entire boat to go missing;) they just follow up every two weeks until it hits like 10 weeks (?? I'm guessing, I don't know the exact timeline, but since SAPO claims it can take up-to-3-months I'm guessing they won't capitulate early) and then they let us replace/refund.

fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:31:56 PM

Lovely gpu frame !

Watching...
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:24:37 PM

These look pretty awesome! I have been considering building  GPU scrypt rig for some time if I decide to do it i'll be surely buying one of the open frame cases from you. From other peoples prices I've been seeing these seem reasonable and look well built. Or you can toss me one for free https://openrigs.com/vitalia-standalone-gpu-frame Tongue and i'll write a review and post the blog on bitcoinminerz.com with a backlink. Smiley

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:41:43 PM

Are you Kidding ME?  You just sent #1029 out today??  What the hell is this BS!!  CN022190195ZA    http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: