Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:58:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OpenRigs.com - Aluminium Frames for Mining Rigs  (Read 52296 times)
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 10:25:28 AM

I'm in Australia, so I know all about the seasons Smiley

Do you use DHL/FEDEX for expedited so get around the government delays with the cheaper surface mail option?

We offer Aramex (similar international footprint to DHL and FedEx) as well as EMS, both of which are still subject to customs checks, but of a completely different nature. Aramex parcels are just open-box checks that take a day at the most before Aramex fetch the parcel and off it goes. EMS parcels are separated out by customs and generally processed first because the flimsy waybills tend to get damaged if they lie around too long. Surface mail parcels get further separated depending on the destination, and they won't even begin processing it till the post office confirms availability of a vessel bound for that destination, so it can sit there for weeks before being processed and given to the post office.

Currently our recommendation is EMS - transit times to Oz are like a week: http://auspost.com.au/track/track.html?id=EE028407806ZA - that would've been delivered in less time if the person had been available on the Wednesday;) EMS is also significantly cheaper than Aramex for orders under 50 units.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joshvette001

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:42:55 PM

Well I have been in contact with Fluffy via PM. He has made an attempt to try to make the situation right although I still have yet to receive my rack.

I just wanted to post a public update because as everyone says you always complain in the post but never post updates to the complaint.

Currently Fluffy has said that he had a meeting with the Post Office in his country to discuss what I would assume is the location of the boat that we are waiting on. I haven't heard back from him yet but when I do I will definitely post another reply.

Just for anyone else my order number was 722 coming to Michigan in the USA. I still have yet to see any update

My tracking number is CN028932165ZA  and I still haven't seen a update since 1/14/14 This was a black friday order
apollojmr

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:55:27 PM

Well I have been in contact with Fluffy via PM. He has made an attempt to try to make the situation right although I still have yet to receive my rack.

I just wanted to post a public update because as everyone says you always complain in the post but never post updates to the complaint.

Currently Fluffy has said that he had a meeting with the Post Office in his country to discuss what I would assume is the location of the boat that we are waiting on. I haven't heard back from him yet but when I do I will definitely post another reply.

Just for anyone else my order number was 722 coming to Michigan in the USA. I still have yet to see any update

My tracking number is CN028932165ZA  and I still haven't seen a update since 1/14/14 This was a black friday order

Thanks for the update. I am a ways after you but have a tracking number =..I ordered on 12-23 and am also in Michigan so hopefully soon!

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
mindragon

Activity: 173

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:00:58 PM

Please let me know directly once you've spoken to USPS, either via email (listed at the beginning of this topic) or via PM, and we can take it from there:)

I already called USPS and they can't see anything. So let me ask you this...

WHERE IS MY ORDER?

MD
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 06:50:41 PM

Please let me know directly once you've spoken to USPS, either via email (listed at the beginning of this topic) or via PM, and we can take it from there:)

I already called USPS and they can't see anything. So let me ask you this...

WHERE IS MY ORDER?

MD

Ok well we are on the bottom end of the surface mail transit times we've grown to expect to the US, so I was just hoping we got lucky. To answer your question directly, you can see on the tracking information it has left South Africa and is en-route to you, so at this stage it is in-between here and you.

Sometimes those sea voyages are not as direct as they could be. For example, we shipped several pallets to a farm in California. The vessel went from here to Newark, and from there it got put on a different vessel to San Francisco (instead of overland, no idea why). There's a vessel every week to Newark, but from Newark to San Francisco there's only a vessel they can use every 14 days. The estimates given were 25 days to Newark, 15 days from Newark to San Francisco, but you've got this possible wait in the middle. Final trip time was 8 weeks including customs and final delivery.

By comparison, EMS to California is around a week to final delivery.

Our options are limited, short of sending a helicopter out to see to intercept the boat:-P We can file a claim with our insurance, but they will wait until USPS confirms that it hasn't hit the country and we're past all reasonable transit times (definitely past the 6-10 weeks we've put as the expected timeline on the site).

wobbzz

Activity: 135

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:33:44 AM

Fluffy,

USPS does not know where my order is. How about a response to that PM I sent last Smiley

Last known status: 10 JANUARY

Thanks.

z2z me @ zs18642322h0h7hzjknejehavx0srwmungl8uj0t3vsxd7jwzr2kdhrcj38setn7ujd500fqn99y52
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:11:40 AM

Anyone actually receive an item and post a picture of it with valid proof of purchase?

In before self-mod delete.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:13:50 AM

Anyone actually receive an item and post a picture of it with valid proof of purchase?

You either can't read, won't read or are too lazy to read. Which is it?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
portice
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:19:11 AM

Read the whole thread, can you point me to a customer who has received their order?  Thanks
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:20:02 AM

Read the whole thread, can you point me to a customer who has received their order?  Thanks

Have you tried the first thread?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 06:20:13 AM

Yes - several people have taken the time to take photos of their received parcel, others have merely noted it's been received:

https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/6014-openrigs-review-lulz/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347756.msg5082140#msg5082140

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347756.msg5149805#msg5149805

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 06:21:03 AM

Fluffy,

USPS does not know where my order is. How about a response to that PM I sent last Smiley

Last known status: 10 JANUARY

Thanks.

Sorry, must've missed it in the flurry of PMs - will reply now!

portice
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:21:44 AM

Ahh ok thank you for that, wasn't looking at the CLOSED thread or feathercoin forum.
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 06:25:41 AM

Ahh ok thank you for that, wasn't looking at the CLOSED thread or feathercoin forum.

Well, this thread is only 5 days old, so the previous thread would have to be a point of reference for something like that.

vpn1

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:19:59 PM

I think you are doing this shipping all wrong. You need to be doing bulk air cargo, not expedited shipping via courier services. Air cargo is a whole lot cheaper. E.g 100 units shipped to the US = USD30/unit, 50 units shipped to the UK = USD60. You need to retain someone in logistics for you to get this shipping issue right.  It is not difficult at all. Collect up your orders for each country even if it takes 1 month then dispatch them bulk air cargo. 1 month wait via air for 30 dollars I am sure everyone can live with vs 4 to 6 months via sea.

You can whittle it down even further, hire a bakkie haul the shit to CPT your self and dispatch it from the airport, instead of paying for a klonkie through the freight co you are using to pick it up in Plett and haul it down there. Ton of options to get the right prices.

Delve into Virgin Atlantic cargo, British air ways cargo, any main carriers air cargo services.

Here some calculators for you

http://www.intercargo.com/

http://worldfreightrates.com/en/

You are paying this premium to simply hand it all off to some company claiming to be in the freight business because it is convenient that they pick it up at your facilities. With a bit of effort you can do everything yourselves and save a fortune and make it workable for your customers.

Good luck !
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 03:40:24 PM

I think you are doing this shipping all wrong. You need to be doing bulk air cargo, not expedited shipping via courier services. Air cargo is a whole lot cheaper. E.g 100 units shipped to the US = USD30/unit, 50 units shipped to the UK = USD60. You need to retain someone in logistics for you to get this shipping issue right.  It is not difficult at all. Collect up your orders for each country even if it takes 1 month then dispatch them bulk air cargo. 1 month wait via air for 30 dollars I am sure everyone can live with vs 4 to 6 months via sea.

You can whittle it down even further, hire a bakkie haul the shit to CPT your self and dispatch it from the airport, instead of paying for a klonkie through the freight co you are using to pick it up in Plett and haul it down there. Ton of options to get the right prices.

Delve into Virgin Atlantic cargo, British air ways cargo, any main carriers air cargo services.

Here some calculators for you

http://www.intercargo.com/

http://worldfreightrates.com/en/

You are paying this premium to simply hand it all off to some company claiming to be in the freight business because it is convenient that they pick it up at your facilities. With a bit of effort you can do everything yourselves and save a fortune and make it workable for your customers.

Good luck !

That's pretty much how we're doing the distribution going forward - bearing in mind that there's still a premium to pay for warehousing and logistics on the other end, but it's definitely going to be smoother ride for customers:)

Edit: misread - we're going to be going pre- not post- into parts of the world, so it makes things even faster and easier

joshvette001

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:58:40 PM

My tracking number is CN028932165ZA  and I still haven't seen a update since 1/14/14 This was a black friday order

Thanks for the update. I am a ways after you but have a tracking number =..I ordered on 12-23 and am also in Michigan so hopefully soon!

Apollo,

I am in the Oakland County Area could you let me know when you receive your order? Would you mind PMing me your tracking number so I can check yours also just to see whos updates first lol 

Currently I am at 39 days since Bag Out status with no updates. I have come to the conclusion that the boat coming here is either going 7 knots or slower, or has taken a detour somewhere else.
wobbzz

Activity: 135

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:15:56 PM

My tracking number is CN028932165ZA  and I still haven't seen a update since 1/14/14 This was a black friday order

Apollo,

I am in the Oakland County Area could you let me know when you receive your order? Would you mind PMing me your tracking number so I can check yours also just to see whos updates first lol 

Currently I am at 39 days since Bag Out status with no updates. I have come to the conclusion that the boat coming here is either going 7 knots or slower, or has taken a detour somewhere else.

josh,

I am in the same boat as you. Order 743. I have discussed this issue with fluffy in private. He told me he's trying to get more information but doesn't have any yet.

USPS does not know where my shipment is. I am order 743, ordered on black friday, with tracking number CN025030082ZA, delivering to the east coast. The package was "bagged out" on Jan 10th.

If we could just figure out the name of the boat we can track it on a site like this: https://www.marinetraffic.com/

z2z me @ zs18642322h0h7hzjknejehavx0srwmungl8uj0t3vsxd7jwzr2kdhrcj38setn7ujd500fqn99y52
joshvette001

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:20:44 PM

Apollo,

josh,

I am in the same boat as you. Order 743. I have discussed this issue with fluffy in private. He told me he's trying to get more information but doesn't have any yet.

USPS does not know where my shipment is. I am order 743, ordered on black friday, with tracking number CN025030082ZA, delivering to the east coast. The package was "bagged out" on Jan 10th.

If we could just figure out the name of the boat we can track it on a site like this: https://www.marinetraffic.com/

Wobbz,

Thanks for giving your input. I also have been communicating privately with him and he has informed me that he is also trying to get more information on this.

Although I did start laughing when I saw on CNN about a freight ship loosing over 500 shipping containers lol... had to start chuckling and say out loud there goes my openrigs rack. I know that isn't the case but had to throw some humor in lol.

Anyways it is pretty sad because I am now looking at other companies that are producing racks like this to have one made that I might actually receive. It just seems very strange how long this is taking.. I completely understand and know that Surface Mail can literally take forever but we are honestly almost to that point of forever where even for surface mail this is becoming quite a long wait.

If I hear anything I will let you know. I am going to look around and see if there is a list of ships that left cape town dock headed for ultimately the USA around the time of our shipments in January.

EDIT:

Fluffy could you please explain to me why it is that Wobbz order which was after mine - Order 743 shipped 3-4 days before mine? That seems to be quite screwed up? Neither of us has received our order but why would a newer order go out before a older order?

Josh

Zoella

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:03:05 AM

Yes, these are real. A pic after initial build is below.

My thoughts on the order/delivery/build process:

1) Don't order the 4 GPU racks. I have limited space and cheap motherboards with only four slots ATM, but I figured there should be enough space based on the pictures to add 2 more cards down the road. Maybe, but it will be awfully tight with the PSU spacing. I'm thinking doubtful at this point. I should have kicked in the extra few dollars each to get 6 GPU racks. It is also very difficult to fit 2 PSU on a single rack due to the close proximity of the motherboard. I'm assuming this is not the case on a 6+. I'm seriously kicking myself about this. Stupid, stupid choice.

2) Check your motherboard sizes. The 3 ASRock boards I have all claim to be ATX. They are not standard ATX size (even though they are listed as such on newegg). I had to cut sheets of lexan and mount them to the racks, then mount the motherboards to the lexan. Not happy about having to do that, although it does look fine.

3) I paid for EMS. Ordered 12/30, customs 1/17, bag out 2/5, received 2/13. I knew it wasn't going to be quick, but at this point I'm just glad I didn't go with surface mail like I was planning on. I had no idea shipping was that slow via surface. The only inter-continental orders I've made have been from China, which as the knick-knack supplier to the world has products shipping constantly.

4) Waiting on more USB powered risers, but 30cm cables will only work for two or three cards per rack. I just ordered some 80cm units. I'll be buying 40cm cables to replace the 30cm cables I have, as they seem tight.

5) Take your time knocking these together. The instructions are good, but I made a few mistakes in my rush and it's annoying to find out after you start trying to mount hardware. Not hard to dismantle and correct, just frustrating.

6) I wish they had feet. The bottom of the legs are just open tubing. Would have been nice to have caps to put there.

I still have to add the final 2 GPU, mount the 10" monitor and WiFi AP, velcro tie down cabling and KVM, and mount the power buttons. Yes it's pretty ugly ATM, but once I get everything on it finished, it should look great. Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase. If I had to do it over again, the only thing I would change was the decision to buy the 4 GPU model instead of the 6.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: