Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:03:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OpenRigs.com - Aluminium Frames for Mining Rigs  (Read 52269 times)
micax1

Activity: 708
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:53:45 PM

these guys are the real deal. Ordered 5 of their rigs for my garage got it about 11 days after i paid. Im waiting for mid march to cashout with coinbase my bitcoin miners then going to buy more cards and their rigs.
Keep it up openrigs.

can I ask you where are you and what mail service did you choose? for me just production took more than a month.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
micax1

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:56:57 PM

Hi. Can you reverse package and refund me? I don`t need it anymore.
all reasonable time has passed.

You can PM me your order number and I can file a claim with our insurance, but if you chose surface mail they may insist on waiting until the 3 month maximum transit period has elapsed.

hmm. why not just reverse it? I was not talking about insurance claim...
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 05:02:24 PM

hmm. why not just reverse it? I was not talking about insurance claim...

Heya - because it has shipped to you using the shipping method you selected and well within our stated timelines. The only time we can refund you is if that parcel goes missing, otherwise it doesn't make sense to dish out refunds when you're going to receive the order you received within the time period you agreed to during checkout? Hope that makes sense:)

Here's what you ordered:

And here's your order history:

If it will help I can break down those timelines against the timelines you agreed to during checkout to confirm that we were within our published timelines on your order?

joshvette001

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:34:10 PM

Fluffy I have not heard back from you in four days privately after my last pm expressing my gratitude for what byou did but still looking for information your suppose to be getting on what ship the package is on. We are going on 39+ days since bag out 42 days would be 6 weeks. I understand your busy but I expect timely responses And updates.

Order 722 good old black friday .
Thank you
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 06:38:19 PM

Fluffy I have not heard back from you in four days privately after my last pm expressing my gratitude for what byou did but still looking for information your suppose to be getting on what ship the package is on. We are going on 39+ days since bag out 42 days would be 6 weeks. I understand your busy but I expect timely responses And updates.

Order 722 good old black friday .
Thank you

Absolutely - you and wobbzz are in the same boat, and I'm waiting on additional feedback (ETAs specifically). Once I've received that I'll be in a better position to suggest some resolution, so I will definitely keep you guys in the loop at things progress on this side:)

micax1

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:13:28 PM

If it will help I can break down those timelines against the timelines you agreed to during checkout to confirm that we were within our published timelines on your order?

sure let me know time-frames for fabrication/shipping-delivery at the time I submitted order.
micax1

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:15:59 PM

The only time we can refund you is if that parcel goes missing, otherwise it doesn't make sense to dish out refunds when you're going to receive the order you received within the time period you agreed to during checkout? Hope that makes sense:)

Why you could not make a shipping reverse?
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 12:35:36 PM

Why you could not make a shipping reverse?

Because it's physically not possible for us to recall surface mail parcels once they've left the country.

sure let me know time-frames for fabrication/shipping-delivery at the time I submitted order.

Our timelines haven't changed, the only thing we've done is added a flowchart for people that don't like to read, and we've adjusted the surface mail transit time because of recommendations made in the previous thread (which is neither here nor there, as even the previous timeline indicated that it could take longer than indicated for surface mail parcels). You can see our timelines on our delivery and returns policy here: https://openrigs.com/information/information&information_id=6

Here's a breakdown of your order and our expected timelines (for the shipping method you selected during checkout)

Order StatusDateActual TimelinePublished TimelineOptimistic TimelinePessimistic Timeline
The order status updateDate the status changedNumber of business days that passed for this statusWhat we publish as the expected typical timelineThe best we've recorded for this statusThe worst we've recorded for this status
Payment received2013/11/290 business day"the next business day"0 business days3 business days (during the holiday period)
Processing and pre-fabrication2013/11/294 business days"a few business days"1 business day5 business days (during the holiday period)
Fabrication2013/12/058 business days"typically around 8 business days"4 business days15 business days (during the holiday period)
Handed to customs for pre-clearance2013/12/199 business days"a number of business days"2 business days23 business days (backlog from illegal strike action)
Shipped to customer2014/01/067.7 weeks currently, undelivered"6-10+ weeks"5 weeks (EU), 7 weeks (US)3 months (per the post office FAQ), after which we can successfully claim it as a lost parcel from insurance

Rakessh

Activity: 205

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:39:02 PM

I must agree the ground shipping is extraordinarily slow.

If the max shipping time allowed for it is 3 months, I think the shipping option should have a big fat warning in red letters, that
the option may take up to 3 months to deliver after production. I would've certainly gone with EMS if I knew the shipping
time difference was more than 2 weeks...

Other than that, I think my rigs are arriving soon(tm) and I'm really looking forward to setting up my rigs right.

-
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 01:42:05 PM

If the max shipping time allowed for it is 3 months, I think the shipping option should have a big fat warning in red letters, that
the option may take up to 3 months to deliver after production. I would've certainly gone with EMS if I knew the shipping

Definitely - what we've done since is have EMS as our recommended shipping method (in big, bold letters) and put the shipping time frames on the shipping method selection box during checkout, so it's easier to see. We're also trying to get better rates to certain regions so that we can drop surface mail as a shipping option altogether.

micax1

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:58:13 PM

Because it's physically not possible for us to recall surface mail parcels once they've left the country.

Hmm. It is possible in other countries. even Russia.
Rakessh

Activity: 205

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:02:21 PM

Definitely - what we've done since is have EMS as our recommended shipping method (in big, bold letters) and put the shipping time frames on the shipping method selection box during checkout, so it's easier to see. We're also trying to get better rates to certain regions so that we can drop surface mail as a shipping option altogether.

Sweet, keep up the good work Smiley

-
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 02:03:45 PM

Hmm. It is possible in other countries. even Russia.

We have asked the post office before - they said that once it has left the country, any return to sender action will cost at least what was paid to send it. If the destination country is a place like the US that stopped their economy service to cut costs, then the return would be by air, which is even more costly. In a situation where we have processed an order against our published timelines, we can only pursue something like that as a zero-sum exercise, which means the cost of the shipping and the return shipping would come out of the refund.

wobbzz

Activity: 135

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:41:38 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 10:31:05 PM by wobbzz

You hear that Wobbz? We are both in the same boat lol this ship seems to be sinking quite fast.

I apologize for the strange pun but I guess the South African post office needs a kick to the ass.

Thanks for the help

Yep. I'm trying not to implode about this situation.

Fluffy, Who do you submit insurance claims to? Can you direct us to documentation regarding their policy please?

From a U.S. perspective, the package is tracking as "USPS Priority Mail International".

Per the USPS Priority mail international FAQ, an insurance claim can be filed "no sooner than" 7 days. This means one could be filed right now. I understand what you've been told regarding boat shipping and what you've told us. However, if we can take advantage of this process through USPS, it does not logically make sense to wait.

https://www.usps.com/ship/file-international-claims.htm#

If your claim is filed through SAPO, then I'm a little concerned by their claim policy. http://www.postoffice.co.za/Insuranceact.pdf

It states "The insured must lodge a claim within 45 days after dispatching the insured letter/parcel."

Edit: I understand you have been in discussion with SAPO, but has a formal claim been submitted?

Additionally, what boat was our shipment placed on? This question should be resolved by now. We have more than doubled the original 21 day transit time originally quoted for intercontinental vessel transport.

z2z me @ zs18642322h0h7hzjknejehavx0srwmungl8uj0t3vsxd7jwzr2kdhrcj38setn7ujd500fqn99y52
Zoella

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:46:17 AM

It may be USPS Priority International (mine was as well), but as far as USPS is concerned, they have not received the package yet. You can't claim against USPS until it makes land and passes through customs.

(At least that's what I was told a few months back by my local office when asking.)
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 08:44:33 AM

Fluffy, Who do you submit insurance claims to? Can you direct us to documentation regarding their policy please?

From a U.S. perspective, the package is tracking as "USPS Priority Mail International".

Per the USPS Priority mail international FAQ, an insurance claim can be filed "no sooner than" 7 days. This means one could be filed right now. I understand what you've been told regarding boat shipping and what you've told us. However, if we can take advantage of this process through USPS, it does not logically make sense to wait.

If your claim is filed through SAPO, then I'm a little concerned by their claim policy. http://www.postoffice.co.za/Insuranceact.pdf

It states "The insured must lodge a claim within 45 days after dispatching the insured letter/parcel."

Edit: I understand you have been in discussion with SAPO, but has a formal claim been submitted?

Additionally, what boat was our shipment placed on? This question should be resolved by now. We have more than doubled the original 21 day transit time originally quoted for intercontinental vessel transport.

Neither, for three reasons:

1. Cover from the postal service is very limited, often not covering missing parts or damage, and only whole loss
2. They are expensive - at their rates it would be cheaper for us to self-insure, because practically speaking there is such a small number of international shipments that truly go missing
3. We have had issues with customs where we declare "No Commercial Value" but we insure it for several hundred Dollars...customs doesn't understand the disconnect. The customer even tried to explain that if you send a family heirloom to a family member you would insure it, but it wouldn't have a commercial value, and the US customs guy was just like "errrrr".

So our insurance company that does all of our normal insurance as well as our business continuity insurance is just covering it under an adjusted marine insurance policy, which is cheaper than the post office's. There aren't any lower or upper bounds on claims in terms of time, per se, but obviously they won't even consider a surface mail claim if it's within the post office's published timelines. At the very least they would discuss it with the post office who would kick back the 3 month timeline, and they wouldn't budge until then.

I have requested routing info several times from the post office to no avail. The closest I got was estimated routing info for a delivery to Fremont, CA, 94538. Basically, excluding customs processing on either side: there are weekly sailings to Newark, so the parcel may hang around for a week; then to Newark is approximately 25 days; then it sits in Newark for up to a month waiting for the monthly vessel to San Francisco, then it takes approximately 14 days from Newark to San Francisco. Customs is pre-cleared here, but let's add another 2 days on the receiving end for customs and another, say, 3 days for final delivery to Fremont? That means best case scenario assuming no waiting at any port is 6.5 weeks. Worst case scenario with full waiting times at both ports is 11.6 weeks. This is obviously not necessarily your route, but who knows - maybe all surface mail parcels are routed through San Francisco? Seems kinda redundant since Newark is in the US already, but clearly postal routing defies all normal logic.

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 08:45:30 AM

It may be USPS Priority International (mine was as well), but as far as USPS is concerned, they have not received the package yet. You can't claim against USPS until it makes land and passes through customs.

(At least that's what I was told a few months back by my local office when asking.)

Yours was EMS, though - surface mail would be processes as "First Class Mail International" by USPS (I think).

wobbzz

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:54:00 PM

Yours was EMS, though - surface mail would be processes as "First Class Mail International" by USPS (I think).

Surface mail shows up as priority mail international.

z2z me @ zs18642322h0h7hzjknejehavx0srwmungl8uj0t3vsxd7jwzr2kdhrcj38setn7ujd500fqn99y52
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 03:55:16 PM

Surface mail shows up as priority mail international.

Ah I didn't realise that - that's good, it means it'll be processed faster in-country than First Class International:)

wobbzz

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:07:38 PM

Neither, for three reasons:

1. Cover from the postal service is very limited, often not covering missing parts or damage, and only whole loss
2. They are expensive - at their rates it would be cheaper for us to self-insure, because practically speaking there is such a small number of international shipments that truly go missing
3. We have had issues with customs where we declare "No Commercial Value" but we insure it for several hundred Dollars...customs doesn't understand the disconnect. The customer even tried to explain that if you send a family heirloom to a family member you would insure it, but it wouldn't have a commercial value, and the US customs guy was just like "errrrr".

So our insurance company that does all of our normal insurance as well as our business continuity insurance is just covering it under an adjusted marine insurance policy, which is cheaper than the post office's. There aren't any lower or upper bounds on claims in terms of time, per se, but obviously they won't even consider a surface mail claim if it's within the post office's published timelines. At the very least they would discuss it with the post office who would kick back the 3 month timeline, and they wouldn't budge until then.

I have requested routing info several times from the post office to no avail. The closest I got was estimated routing info for a delivery to Fremont, CA, 94538. Basically, excluding customs processing on either side: there are weekly sailings to Newark, so the parcel may hang around for a week; then to Newark is approximately 25 days; then it sits in Newark for up to a month waiting for the monthly vessel to San Francisco, then it takes approximately 14 days from Newark to San Francisco. Customs is pre-cleared here, but let's add another 2 days on the receiving end for customs and another, say, 3 days for final delivery to Fremont? That means best case scenario assuming no waiting at any port is 6.5 weeks. Worst case scenario with full waiting times at both ports is 11.6 weeks. This is obviously not necessarily your route, but who knows - maybe all surface mail parcels are routed through San Francisco? Seems kinda redundant since Newark is in the US already, but clearly postal routing defies all normal logic.

Thanks for the explanation. It would be very silly if the package sat in Newark for that long to get routed to California. I'm much closer to Newark. So in other words: don't expect any traction on insurance claims until early/mid April.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: