Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:52:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple Is Not A Cryptocurrency?  (Read 477 times)
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:56:33 AM

Ripple is trading at $0.48, following the loss of 6% on the daily basis. One expert alerts that Ripple is “not a cryptocurrency” and could skip the regulation that propels Bitcoin & Ethereum on to the better things.

https://coinpedia.org/news/ripple-is-not-cryptocurrency/
I agree that XRP is not a cryptocurrency and it is more like a digital fiat currency. Ripple which is the company who created it made all of the supply pre-mined meaning it is not mine able and controls the issue of new supply that will be added to circulation every month, although it uses blockchain technology, cryptocurrency should also be a decentralized currency and Ripple failed to do that. Too bad for Ripple long term investors the price went down because of this. If SEC will skip Ripple from the regulation then expect continues drop in price.
cryptomichael87

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:58:47 AM

Yah I have also heard the news. Ripple is a digital fiat money. It is not a cryptocurrency. It was a trending news yesterday. Ripple didn’t look good me though.
mairespleet

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:39:45 AM

Articles like these has been trying to manipulate the market, there's very little truth to what the headline suggests. However, it cannot change the fact that there's still potential left in XRP. It will bounce back sooner or later.
drrekkty

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:03:34 AM

I do not listen to the opinions of experts, for me ripple is a full-fledged promising coin. Now Ripple like the whole market could not resist with a massive drop, so it's not surprising that its price is now low. But in general, this is a promising coin, despite the negative news
starplaks

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:17:58 AM

Quite a funny statement, but recently it does not surprise me ... Is there anyone who really believed that Ripple is not crypto currency???
Babayan

Activity: 546
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:20:08 AM

Ripple is trading at $0.48, following the loss of 6% on the daily basis. One expert alerts that Ripple is “not a cryptocurrency” and could skip the regulation that propels Bitcoin & Ethereum on to the better things.

I agree that XRP is not a cryptocurrency and it is more like a digital fiat currency. Ripple which is the company who created it made all of the supply pre-mined meaning it is not mine able and controls the issue of new supply that will be added to circulation every month, although it uses blockchain technology, cryptocurrency should also be a decentralized currency and Ripple failed to do that. Too bad for Ripple long term investors the price went down because of this. If SEC will skip Ripple from the regulation then expect continues drop in price.
Agree with your opinion. But why the digital fiat currency are placed and 3rd place of crypto? I think it is not right, and in future ripple will lose its value.

I AM ALIVE AND AMPLIFIED
Aleshia696

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:12:56 PM

It is obviously not the name of a currency, rather it is the name of a crypto currencies company. This is exactly what happens when people fails to read the entire context and get things mixed up like this. Ripple is actually doing quite good for a new company if you look it up.
Talat10gu

Activity: 279

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:13:49 AM

Ripple is not so STRONG cryptocurrency and it doesn't have so confident position on the market. Only that's why I don't believe in Ripple, there are a lot of more promising alts.

KonstaNB

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:37:00 AM

ripple is a cryptocurrency
sergeykravcov177

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:31:52 AM

a lot of HYIP was around this crypt coin! it has grown very well in price, those people who invested in it could earn a decent amount of money! I'm sure that the potancial is not yet fully revealed! the ripple can still show good growth, the main thing is that the market moves up!
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:34:48 AM

It's a cryptocurrency coz it's stated as Digital online transactions, Where as i'm not a truly supporter of this coin. Maybe Ripple recognize as centralized platform which is listed by the government as securities where in bitcoin is the real digital asset which is Semi Centralized transactions. well depend your answer i will appreciate it.
BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:46:43 PM

It is not a real crypto as I understanding because it lacks the decentralisation of nodes and ownership and that is not a real coin.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
fukkkxdfs

Activity: 157

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:59:15 AM

Ripple is the promising cryptocurrency from my point of view. But I think that it doesn't have any surviving skills for future and necessary level of strength.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
Byzantium101

Activity: 249
Merit: 13

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:14:10 PM

Ripple is one cryptocurrency like any other, but it is true that is private and like EOS that means that management is very centralised so if you don´t like that, don´t buy.

whk0

Activity: 128

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 07:19:51 AM

The question is too strange for me. Ripple is an alternative cryptocurrency which is increasing so fast now but I think it will be replaced with another strong altcoin like Eos.
Hometown789

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:53:33 AM

I do not think ripple is a Cryptocurrency.
Need to review that information.
I am a ripple investor, so I am very interested in the relevant information.
If that's true I'm very disappointed with the ripple's credibility so far.
Again I want you to check the information to help me.
thank you !
btc78

Activity: 2520
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:58:33 AM

What are you talking about? Do you truly believe that Ripple is not a cryptocurrency just because some expert states that? The majority of the Ripple investors including me firmly believe that Ripple is a cryptocurrency which has huge potential thanks to its community and real world use cases which is why I am HODLING my stack of Ripple for the long term even though it has fallen in value at the moment. I honestly do not care about the centralization aspect of this coin.

Yeah i agree,its not because this banking cryptocurrency has been issued as centralized currency still no one cant prove that this is not a cryptocurrency look on what this coin passed since it was created,do you see any reason for this not to state as crypto?forget those damn EXPERTS because this people only want publicity to become more popular thats why they are making issues that would make tm real expert

UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:02:11 AM

I disagree with that statement Ripple is a digital currency and based on blockchain technology it is freely tradeable across the crypto exchanges and the fact that it is not a truly decentralised coin doesn't change its status as a crypto in my book.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
@hosimanaka

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:07:06 AM

The question is too strange for me. Ripple is an alternative cryptocurrency which is increasing so fast now but I think it will be replaced with another strong altcoin like Eos.
Perhaps the questioner is focusing on what is different from our thoughts. Ripple is not electronic money, this is a strange question, I have not really understood his thoughts on this statement.
Giratina

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:46:38 PM

No, the ripple is a cryptocurrency because the company of ripple provides a electronic coin that can be considered one of them. Ripple is just lke bitcoin wherein in considered as a income provider.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: