Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:12:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies to Bitcoin can be dangerous!  (Read 2806 times)
judel_2018

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:16:33 PM

I have been in the scene for years and I still know very little about EVERY aspect of this technology.

those who know more are always like this. in other words you are knowledgeable enough to know your knowledge is nothing but a drop of the ocean.

and regarding these newbies based on what i have seen i think it is mostly because of merit system. many of the topics that are created with a technical subject are for gaining merit. some of them even ask you to give them merit if you liked what you read!

As a newbie, I think it is not dangerous if we are not careless. We must be carefull so that we cannot put into danger especially when we invest Bitcoin. We think it wisely before anything else so that we are so proud as a newbie. We must deserved carefully at the right time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wittycoin

Activity: 696
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:26:45 PM

Bitcoin is really volatile in it`s price right now and the market is very unpredictable, so if you are a newbie, investing in bitcoin is very dangerous specially when you have no enough knowledge yet about bitcoin or cryptocurrency.
alexlee4694

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:28:49 PM

If a newbie in bitcoin does not have any idea then investing or doing crypto activities must be slowed yet progressive because if they make anything fast and furiousy, they are also near to the cliff.As a newbie, I think it is not dangerous if we are not careless. We must be carefull.
P60

Activity: 378

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:29:19 PM

Yes bitcoin to newbies could be dangerous especially when they enter in crytocurrency world without any knowledge about; they will have great loss if they will invest too much money for it.

mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:32:52 PM

With all the members, digital money does not know how to keep good, can be lost or forgotten (do not remember pass key)
Be careful when using it
mrphilippine

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:33:21 PM

This is so true even me I have known bitcoin since last year but I feel that I did not grasp the extent of value of bitcoin. Bitcoin is a very speculative coin that no one can guarantee the next movement of the chart in the market. That is why the best strategy that we can make is to hold our bitcoin and wait for the bullish market.
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:35:40 PM

I have run into several Bitcoin "newbies" over the last couple of months, that are spreading the wrong information on forums and/or in person. Their intentions is good, but the results is bad, because they did not do proper research.

Some of these people are selling themselves as experts, because they have been in the scene for a few months. I have been in the scene for years and I still know very little about EVERY aspect of this technology.

I think you should rather admit it, when you do not know something about the technology, than selling your little knowledge as facts. I will regularly tell people that I am not clued up with every aspect of this technology, but I always try to do proper research, when I encounter something that I am not 100% clued up on.

~ Ask, if you not sure.
~ Do not lie, if you are unsure.
~ Do proper research, before you educate other people.
~ Accept that you will not know it all.
~ Fact check what you already know.
~ Do not argue, if you not sure about your facts.

Let's agree that we all learn something new about this great technology almost every day, so only a small amount of us are experts.  Wink
Not all of them tho. Yes some of newbies can be dangerous to bitcoin since some of them are spreading false information about bitcoin. They dont any idea on investing or even on how are they going to manage their bitcoin. Well they continue on learning but some of them need a guidance and tips like this. Lets just help them and guide so they can be better.

Melodysong

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:37:52 PM

they do not understand bitcoin from the on set. thats why, majority of them are not educated about bitcoin. They need knowledge first before anything
kasurnya

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:39:39 PM

I have run into several Bitcoin "newbies" over the last couple of months, that are spreading the wrong information on forums and/or in person. Their intentions is good, but the results is bad, because they did not do proper research.

Some of these people are selling themselves as experts, because they have been in the scene for a few months. I have been in the scene for years and I still know very little about EVERY aspect of this technology.

I think you should rather admit it, when you do not know something about the technology, than selling your little knowledge as facts. I will regularly tell people that I am not clued up with every aspect of this technology, but I always try to do proper research, when I encounter something that I am not 100% clued up on.

~ Ask, if you not sure.
~ Do not lie, if you are unsure.
~ Do proper research, before you educate other people.
~ Accept that you will not know it all.
~ Fact check what you already know.
~ Do not argue, if you not sure about your facts.

Let's agree that we all learn something new about this great technology almost every day, so only a small amount of us are experts.  Wink
I do not think there is anyone skilled in this field, whether it is a beginner or a senior who first plunge into the kripeo world.
all learn every day, because market conditions always change at all times.
alihassan99

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:45:15 PM

yes.  i admit newbies to bitcoin can be very dangerous.. they buy without doing any research and on a little loss they rush ko exchanges and sell their btc .. so its better they first do some research how this work.. Smiley

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:45:28 PM

newbies are dangerous with almost anything if they don't have basic knowledge of that particular topic,
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:52:11 PM

well, even my rank was at full member I cannot lie that I need to learn some more about this great technology but sometimes I do share my experience for the newbies which has ask about some stuff, I mean I'm not trying to say that I'm expert but that's all I did.
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 01:03:50 PM

It is not bitcoin that is dangerous. It is lack of knowledge about it. It has nothing to do with bitcoin.

Use google!! The forums and your brain!! Knowledge is power.

I think the points you brought up should apply to most things in life and thus I can conclude that it is really just common sense.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Balayashi

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:08:22 PM

Newbies can be a problem just because they might bring the wrong info to other newbies and that can be like a spreading cancer.
But that works for almost anything. A newbie without the min knowledge can spread the wrong stuff at any matter.
Raidal

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 01:14:21 PM

Dangerous beginners in bitcoin are beginners who have no knowledge of bitcoin and do not have the willingness to learn bitcoin but are desperate to run a bitcoin business. Such people can disrupt the market because they play without knowledge. Wise beginners are those who want to learn to explore crypto currencies before joining the crypto currency business. I think that spending a little more time understanding the crypto currency is better than we regret having no deep knowledge.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
agatha90

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:25:16 PM

Wise words. I think with you, don't claim to be smart if you are actually not smart and don't be shy about asking.
cryptodigitz

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 01:32:20 PM

Very accurate, we are all learning and willing people to know more, even the experts never stopped at the expert otherwise their knowledge would have been outdated and they become morons with past expert experience. Learning is daily and must be willing to update our knowledge with the right materials

XCT CLUB  |  xCrypt - Blockchain Ecosystem
▰▰▰  ▲▼  PRE - ICO Sale is Live!  ▲▼  ▰▰▰
derekeaton

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:34:50 PM

Incorrect information and incompetent people is always a big problem in the field of news. Such people like to spread unchecked information that can confuse other people.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:36:39 PM

Of course it's dangerous for newbies. When i started to use Bitcoin first in 2015, i made several mistakes. I forget my wallet passphrase and lost 0.5 BTC, and then i made wrong transaction and my 0.2 BTC has gone to wrong Bitcoin address.. Anyway now i know many things about all cryptos but i paid to learn Smiley
suraza21

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:38:39 PM

If you are a beginner, you can even buy Bitcoin. Nothing is impossible if you try and you have the desire to quickly get the deal. bitcoin at the exchange ... you can learn how to trade through social media
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: