Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:31:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DOGECOIN IS FORKED!!!! Check dogechain and its already hardforked  (Read 2540 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:42:34 AM

Fork me ? no SPORK yoooooou Wink

but seriously though guys this is one of the issues i have harped about for a year almost..
what do you do when a coin has huge problems and the guy who put it out simply copied and pasted someone else's code ?
now lets hear all, the stupid little reasons why that is ok....
even though any coder on planet earth KNOWS damn well you should not use code you do not understand.

but but i made some btc !
and and your ugly and your mother dresses you funny..
and and and i don't like you..
and and your just jealous..
and your just mad..

did i miss one ?

lets hear the usual change the subject and attack people personally fanboyism routine while you defend the utterly ridiculous..

never mind.. i can get a higher quality conversation from what i left in the toilet earlier :/

FUD first & ask questions later™
WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:13:37 AM

Spoetnik,

I think if you view all crypto currencies as experiments you would be less angry about dogecoin or any other pure clone.  Most coins have something to contribute, whether that be in the investigation of the proof of stake method, programmable block chains or in dogecoin's case - an experiment in marketing,  social usage and rapid coin mining.

Dogecoin wasn't supposed to be anything more than a fun project, but it is still allowing us insights into how the market reacts to coin inflation, halvings and in about a year, if it is still going, will show us whether miners will support a fully mined out coin.  I think these are important things to understand if crypto is going to have a future.  A coin can be useful even if it doesn't add anything new to the code base and I don't agree that it detracts from bitcoin, litecoin or the others.

It would be nice if every open source project could have a full time development team, but it is just never going to happen.  Bugs are always going to be there and we need to rely on the goodwill of developers and testers who contribute in their spare time, but have full time jobs and families to look after too.  It was ever thus with open source.  If a developer like Satoshi gets bored and leaves you have to hope that there is someone with the competence to take it forward.  
Predseda4D

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Bravo, dogecoin devs! Incompetent as always.

I think it is a bit early for blaming people Hazard.  From what I have seen there were no issues with the 1.4 version of dogecoin which was running the Luckycoin code.  When they upgraded to the Litecoin code in 1.5, it appears several mining pools encountered problems.  It is quite possible that these performance problems that caused the pools to revert to 1.4 exist in Litecoin too.  In retrospect perhaps they should have realized the potential problems of running 2 different databases (BerkeleyDB and LevelDB) and made the upgrade mandatory or issued a 1.4 fix then, especially given bitcoin had the same issue, but they probably weren't aware so many pools had reverted.

The devs are working on the reasons why 1.5 is slow for pools,  but otherwise I think we can consider this fixed.
If you're at the helm of a coin with a $70m market cap, and you push out an update plagued by a well documented issue... Might be time to find a new hobby. I imagine some exchanges are going to get burned hard by this fork.

Ah, who am I kidding... The dogedevs probably weren't even around when bitcoin was struck by this issue.

Stop spreading FUD, please.

No one here understand that this fork was caused by pools that were using old 1.4.x version?
Old version vs new version was 1/4th vs 3/4th.   Roll Eyes
Because some pool operators fucked up so this is mistake of Dogecoin devs?!? Common!!!

I understand that hating Dogecoin is sport here but please dont spread FUD, thank you.
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 03:46:37 PM

What do the devs care now?  They just wanted a new coin to pump and if it fails, they already made their thousands (of fiat I'm sure).

The pool operators chose to remain with 1.4 because 1.5 stunk.  That's the way it works, they have to make 1.5 better or else this will happen again.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
Predseda4D

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:45:46 PM

What do the devs care now?  They just wanted a new coin to pump and if it fails, they already made their thousands (of fiat I'm sure).

The pool operators chose to remain with 1.4 because 1.5 stunk.  That's the way it works, they have to make 1.5 better or else this will happen again.

Next FUD about devs dont care? Look at github!
Next FUD about devs wanted pump and make their thousands? Look at decission about inflation!

Not all pool operators choose to remain with 1.4. Majority of pools were and are with 1.5 without any problems!!!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: