Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:26:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking Bitcoin,How Possible?  (Read 2360 times)
TechnoX_X

Activity: 306
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:54:31 PM

What you say is true. To hack bitcoin is a very impossible thing for people to do. Because some technologies like OPEN SOURCE are very helpful in maintaining the integrity of bitcoin. Plus bitcoin is very centralized with BLOCKCHAIN technology. That is a very impossible thing even beyond the reason of the human mind to be able to hack bitcoin.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:59:51 PM

Nothing can penetrate the technology that is blockchain even the government and banks acknowledge that fact, But the right thing to say here is the exchange or wallets that are online is the one that are attacked by hackers to get their stored bitcoin and not the system at all, But this can also be prevented if they only used offline wallets or cold storage wallets to store their bitcoin is a great move to o unless you can afford in getting one.
cryptomaster4

Activity: 119
Merit: 1

Crypto Enthusiast | Graphic Designer

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:02:26 PM

It's impossible.blockchain technology is very safe.If you want to hack you wanna hack so many computers.

Crypto Since 2017
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:12:09 PM

When most people first hear about Bitcoin, they usually think there is some way in which the peer-to-peer digital cash system could be hacked. This is nothing new in some ways, as many internet users have seen their Facebook, Twitter, or other social media accounts come under the control of a nefarious actor over the years.
Having said that, Bitcoin is built for security. Due to the large amount of monetary value that relies on the world’s most popular cryptocurrency, the developers who maintain the de facto reference client for the Bitcoin protocol are careful about any new changes that may be made.
I think Bitcoin depends On Open source.
The Power of Open Source
One of the main reasons Bitcoin is viewed as secure is due to the fact that the codebase behind the network is completely open source. Anyone who wants to join the Bitcoin network is able to do so in a completely open and incorruptible manner. New users are able to confirm, if they wish to do so, that the financial network works in the manner intended because they are able to verify the source code that they’re running on their home computers.

Of course, many users don’t actually verify the code related to their interactions on the Bitcoin blockchain. Most users simply purchase some bitcoin on an exchange like Coinbase rather than worry about operating their own full node.
But the point is that the option to run a full node to control one’s own digital financial sovereignty is always there through the use of open source software
Bitcoin is very hard to hack because it depends on the system it is built on which is the blockchain. The blockchain is built to be secure because every block depends on the hash of the previous blocks. Even hackers with the best skill cannot hack the hash keys because it takes lots of time and energy to acquire it.
sormin

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:18:51 PM

Until now no one has been able to hack bitcoin. Both from personal and community. With Blockchain technology hackers are required to hack millions of servers simultaneously to break into the defense system of Bitcoin. And as we know it is not easy.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM
billionaireSHS

Activity: 269
Merit: 10

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:04:22 PM

For the people who says it is impossible to hack, I am disagree with your opinion. Because you know guys I've read here in this forum that one man who actually lost his bitcoin because of bullshit hackers, I am so sad when I heard his story because it's hard to earn money but there are some people who do evil doing such as hacking an account. I suggest to professional that we need some alternative in order to prevent that hackers.

demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:41:12 PM

Technology  has very vast field nowadays. l worries ,when heard some bad news of hacking about money from media.they have applied the different types method of  hacking.what will be happened if hackers attack on bitcoin.
until now hackers have not succeeded in penetrating the security system of bitcoin wallets and that is not possible, this system has been clad in meetings of various owner's secret codes, bitcoin theft only occurs if someone has been trapped and provided a private key to hackers

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 05:30:19 PM

It is impossible because Bitcoin is really famous for its safety

It may be impossible just for now and I think this is not a problem, when technology will be able to hack bitcoin, bitcoin will take advantage of that technology as well.

freo01

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:34:18 PM

Hacking won't be possible because of the way Bitcoin is built in the blockchain. Miners would be able to spot on fakes transactions no matter how hard they try. This is why I love the blockchain, no one will be able to control it no matter what they do.
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:06:25 PM

I don't think bitcoin itself cab be hacked.
But even though if it's gonna be hacked, then it has to be with the latest Technology maybe such as the AI or maybe the Quantum Technology that was just test-run in China a couple of weeks ago. I think bitcoin is been coded on a sort of code that can withstand any sort of hacking. Hacking bitcoin, I think it's going to affect the whole of blockchain.
Criptomen

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 11:34:40 PM

I see the loss of bitcoins due to hacking only in such cases
  • Your exchange platform was hacked
  • You gave access to your wallet to someone (social engineering, or stupidity)

In the entire history of Bitcoin's existence, there has not been a single serious security and burglary incident that has led to fatal consequences.

Less possible options to lose your Bitcoins
  • An error in the system code that leads to vulnerability.
  • Hacking of private keys.
  • Capture control of the blockchain ("51% attack").
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 11:37:21 PM

What you say is true. To hack bitcoin is a very impossible thing for people to do. Because some technologies like OPEN SOURCE are very helpful in maintaining the integrity of bitcoin. Plus bitcoin is very centralized with BLOCKCHAIN technology. That is a very impossible thing even beyond the reason of the human mind to be able to hack bitcoin.
Sad to say but if can't deny the fact that bitcoin is indeed hackable. Well it's possible because it's in digital form and we all know how hackers can do their job in the internet field. Good thing is we still have a chance against them if we're just gonna take care of our bitcoin properly. Its safety depends upon us so we need to act wisely every single moment.
Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 11:43:29 PM

Nothing can penetrate the technology that is blockchain even the government and banks acknowledge that fact, But the right thing to say here is the exchange or wallets that are online is the one that are attacked by hackers to get their stored bitcoin and not the system at all, But this can also be prevented if they only used offline wallets or cold storage wallets to store their bitcoin is a great move to o unless you can afford in getting one.
No matter how perfect was not the security system in any case, there is always a loophole to the next transaction did not come to the address where it should have been. Technology is running ahead and hacking is no exception. He is the engine of progress.

Mariela

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 11:57:26 PM

Nowadays scammers and hackers are everywhere so we must be take carefully to our coins. It is very possible to hack our account.
Melchizedek1

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 12:32:42 AM

Hacking Bitcoin wallets may actually be a tall order for anyone who embarks on such frivolous activities. However, I do not think this is not impossible as there could be programs written by some genius........
Vincemanam21

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:33:01 AM

Hacking bitcoin for me me is not possible , because it uses blockchain technology so that all datas are stored on different units. so that hackers cannot easily penetrate , he must hack all units before he can hack btc. It is a very secured system.
onga123

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:41:05 AM

i dont think hacking Bitcoin will be possible,,because Bitcoin isone of the famous coin that any body can have acess to
roadwell890

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:31:11 AM

bitcoin uses blockchain technology, where each chain is connected and never interrupted
if there is a new bitcoin, I think the chain used will not match
so, it will be very unlikely, BTC will be manipulated

Dau

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:13:39 AM

By 'Hacking Bitcoin' I'm assuming you mean either:

A: The possibility of a hacker being able to access your funds that are in cold storage, or..

B: A 51% attack on the blockchain due to a majority of malicious nodes.

As for A, in order to crack a bitcoin private key it would require an extreme amount of computing power that we currently don't have access to today. In the future however, even 10 or 15 years away, we might have something capable. This is why many other projects in this space tout their 'quantum-proof' solutions, to avoid the possibility of quantum computer hacking. However, even if quantum computers were widely used, the Bitcoin blockchain could simply fork and add in their own quantum-proof solution. So it's extremely unlikely that it is hackable in this area.

As for B, "The majority decision is represented by the longest chain [in the blockchain]. If a majority of CPU power is controlled by honest nodes, the honest chain will grow and outpace all of the other competing chains. [To commit a 51% attack], an attacker would have to redo the proof-of-work of the block and all blocks after it and then catch up with and surpass the work of the honest nodes" (BTC Whitepaper). As the difficulty of mining blocks is determined by a moving average, it makes it almost statistically impossible for a 51% attack to occur. Like winning the lottery two times in a row level probability.

As for 'hacking' into your funds on an exchange or some other public place, pretty damn likely, but those cases are definitely not bitcoin's fault.
Teriyanone

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:18:53 AM

I don't think that anyone can hack Bitcoin and the most stories I heard are not hackers or criminals hacking but hacking exchanges and other sort of systems to get Bitcoin and in most scenarios individuals lost huge amount of money instantly and also some hackers target Bitcoin or other currency holders specifically in many ways so it is our responsibility to take precautions in any situation
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: