Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:05:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ALTs are dead and so is Bitcoin without ETF Approval!  (Read 407 times)
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 07:39:33 PM

The ETF approval is something we essentially need. ETF is like a security and a system like Bitcoin or any other altcoins really need ETF. So, in one word it's actually like Bitcoin and Altcoins are nothing without ETF , the community badly needs the ETF approval.

More dumb claims from clueless noobs. How in the fuck is the ETF giving any security to Bitcoin? how is Bitcoin nothing ETF?

The ETF is just a way for investors to filter in more USD into Bitcoin. It raises the price, but it's completely irrelevant for it's security, system, or anything technical. The people that use the ETF aren't even relevant, they don't hold BTC which is all that matters.

Would it be nice to pump the USD price? I guess so, there is always a nice dopamine rush when it pumps, but fundamentals wise it is pretty irrelevant as far as Bitcoin is concerned. All that matters is the asset being held or moved itself, not government issued options.
I don't know why people hyping it on the market? Seems that everybody are buying into bitcoin and alts. I saw some chart that it s totally overbought. how i wish
i have fiat currency to invest in btc and alts and wait for a big bull run.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
p.solovey

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:43:33 PM

If the ETF is rejected, this causes great damage to the entire crypto currency market.
Many altcoins are already standing like last summer. And in the case of the fall of bitcoin - there will be a panic
Stradivarioos

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:39:46 PM

I do not think so. Just be patient and you will see that the altcoins will go up. Bitcoin is always the first and only after a couple of days go up or down altcoins. In addition, it is impossible not to accept the fact that the rules of the game have changed, but still the general trend is difficult to break.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
fdsar

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:54:30 AM

Alternative cryptocurencies could not be dead because of their huge contribution to the crypto at all. I am sure they will be so improtant on th future as well.

GYM Ledger  //  The World's 1st Health Band with Integrated Hardware Wallet
https://gymledger.com/
Join Pre-SALE  |  OCTOBER 1st
GunsLair

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:15:01 AM

I don't understand why you make such loud statements. Crypto gathered around itself an incredibly powerful community and continues to collect every day. A lot of projects are already tied to crypto, millions of people invest, buy and sell altcoins every day. And while this movement is alive then ALTs also are alive.
EzatorFI

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:20:25 AM

The subject title says it all!
My hopes and dreams are centered around cryptos and I really wish for a good outcome for all!
To be honest the situation is not a pretty picture!
I think a lot of people have lost money and if you are one of those people you have my sympathy: We all deserve a better life and the good thing is that you are trying. It is better to try than do nothing!

Altcoins will catch up with Bitcoin, the question is only when and with what grade. This has already been when Bitcoin's dominance is growing in the market. I think that this is an excuse to talk about the fact that the growing market has started and we do not have long to wait until the altcoins season begins.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:22:40 AM

I do not think so. Just be patient and you will see that the altcoins will go up. Bitcoin is always the first and only after a couple of days go up or down altcoins. In addition, it is impossible not to accept the fact that the rules of the game have changed, but still the general trend is difficult to break.

You just needed to research more before make an assumptions, the market behaves the same patterned and even without etf things will continue, just like what happen last year even etf got denied value continue to rise high and achieved higher height, we should need continue chasing every chances that this industry has given us, ignore the fud and patiently wait.
EnergiToken

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 10:41:48 AM

You have actually indirectly raised a very important question - which alts shall survive?

Bitcoin aside, the only alts which shall survive are those who are adhering to current regulatory guidelines and preparing for future ones, and those who are positioning themselves with legitimate corporate backers and governments.

I'd argue that most will not be able to fulfil this, so only a minority will survive post regulatory announcements.

Thankfully EnergiToken is positioning itself nicely in this regard, so we shall see what happens Wink.

Rafael Dunn
Community Manager
Energi Mine.

Website - https://energitoken.com/
Telegram - http://t.me/energitoken
Twitter - https://twitter.com/EnergiMine]
Medium - https://medium.com/energitokennews
Reddit -   https://www.reddit.com/r/EnergiToken/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/energi.token/?hl=en
ANN - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4629116.0
sunlitit654

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:20:07 PM

What made you to come to this conclusion? I don't think any of these are dead and has any possibility to die in near future. Both are doing pretty good and now the price is on a increase too. DOn't spread such negativity uselessly.
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:31:12 PM

Very frustrating friend, calmly do not pump too much of your blood in our life there will be time to collapse and there is time to win, just like crypto market, it will not always be good where there is period of saturation in the near future, doing everything you do not can continue to complain, do not make a fatal mistake like you cape not serious for now and do not get good results after the market is extraordinary, it will be very painful.

Tilbrook007 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:54:50 PM

These are dark days!
sliderider
Copper Member

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:00:26 AM

Seems BTC is again the money magnet.

At least this dip today showed us what possibly is going to happen to the alts if the ETF would be rejected - but then we are talking about crypto, everything is possible...
ximenzi

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:04:45 AM

I have always believed that the cryptocurrency market will usher in a better tomorrow. I don't think Bitcoin lost its ETF just like losing its life. In the past few years, Bitcoin without ETFs has survived very well and has been rising!
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:10:29 AM

We don't need this etf blah blah blah
We need an improvement proposals/technical developments. Please look for them and not for the news speculations

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:45:18 AM

you lost money because you fell for the lies and the shinny ads that you were seeing all over the internet. in other words because you invested in altcoins while you were closing your eyes on the fact that they were pump and dumps. now you have learned it but you still want to deny it.

as for your title, it is not true at all. altcoins are not dead because they are still pump and dumps. they are just getting dumped then eventually they will be pumped again when newbies were kicked out of the market.
and bitcoin does not need ETF to be "alive". it is strong and getting stronger just like it has been for 9 years without ETF.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:01:02 AM

I think that the digital money market is only developing,we must be ready for growth and for a fall.The main thing is to be in the right place with the right cryptocurrency.
cola-jere

Activity: 665
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:06:40 AM

I think crypto is here to stay for a long, long time.
Mt. Gox, Jamie D of JPM and all that bad news didn't bring the crypto market down.

It's just hibernating at the moment.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:08:09 AM

My hopes and dreams are centered around cryptos and I really wish for a good outcome for all!
I think a lot of people have lost money and if you are one of those people you have my sympathy: We all deserve a better life and the good thing is that you are trying. It is better to try than do nothing!

Bitcoin had suvived this almost 10 years of existing without ETF so what do you mean for this?this is just an extra progress for cryptocurrency specially bitcoin.but not to the extent  that we will be relying on this ETF

Altcoins and bitcoin will remain strong without this ,so dont make false issue for others because your not helping budz
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:16:58 AM

I see well why you are stuck at 0 merit

Futurm

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:20:06 AM

At the moment, there is a high probability that bitcoin will pass through ETF, so there is no need to worry about that.
However, as the encrypted money market becomes more popular, more ALT will pass through ETF in the future.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: