Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:06:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Dogecoin value  (Read 193 times)
Wikadin (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:23:11 AM

Is there any research available on lost coins, especially DOGE? Roll Eyes By lost I mean lost forever, for example because of lost wallets, forgotten passwords, transactions to wrong addresses etc. I am interested to see how much coins disappear from circulation and what is the estimated range for the market capitalization if those lost coins are excluded. It is also interesting to compare lost coin value in one year to the amount of coins mined during the same period of time.
Este

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:02:47 AM

As far as I know there is no such research on this topic. In the blockchain technology, it is not possible to get back the lost coin. If a coin is lost then it is lost forever. So you need to be careful regarding such issues.
Asmertafitov

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:03:36 AM

Is there any research available on lost coins, especially DOGE? Roll Eyes By lost I mean lost forever, for example because of lost wallets, forgotten passwords, transactions to wrong addresses etc. I am interested to see how much coins disappear from circulation and what is the estimated range for the market capitalization if those lost coins are excluded. It is also interesting to compare lost coin value in one year to the amount of coins mined during the same period of time.
well, this imight be interesting and i believe that you will be able tk find mor einformatuon about it soon
Asmertafitov

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:04:24 AM

As far as I know there is no such research on this topic. In the blockchain technology, it is not possible to get back the lost coin. If a coin is lost then it is lost forever. So you need to be careful regarding such issues.
there are a lot of good things happening arpund us and your information kis the proof of this in myopinion
cryptocanley

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:32:36 AM

What is lost, can never be retrieved. It's more like a one way street. There are no research that are available on the lost coins.  Once it is lost, that coin can never be retrieved. That is why, the companies try so hard to not to make the coins dead. 
Emence

Activity: 269

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:44:39 AM

I have done and looked into alot of researches but non could be found. Therefore if you prefer looking at small figures, some are available on the internet but a total assumption is still not vigilant
Theyetion

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:15:26 PM

I have searched online for a long time to find if there's any research available on the lost coins but sadly there's none. I think we only like to record our triumphs rather than focusing on what we lost, that has been the case here. Everyone has decide to move forward than living in the past. But you can find few articles on Dogecoin that may help you to know some figures.
elncrow

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 02:14:23 PM

I don't think that there is such a research where you can lose coins.When you lost it , you lost it for good. There is a prediction that in the future more bitcoin will be lost but the amount of range will lower than before.
Dr.2x

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:20:34 PM

There has been a few research on this topic. According to the Chainanalysis, 17 to 23 percent of Bitcoins has been lost forever. They lose access to their wallets and hence lose the Bitcoins forever. It costs almost 32 billion worth cryptocurrency is lost forever.
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:36:49 PM

Why do you need this information?? Cryptocurrency is very easy to lose and can not be restored with the loss of keys, this is perhaps one of the biggest drawbacks. But its value lies precisely in the decentralization and irreversibility of operations. You just have to be smarter and not keep the keys in one place.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

itssawai

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 03:40:26 PM

Nobody can value lost coins with surity but I've read a post where a guy lost thousands of btc because he lost his computer where he mined them. Similarly many coins lost in mining, password lost or incorrect or failed transactions. No one knows the exact values but it is certainly a big number.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
spiker777

Activity: 997
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 08:23:08 PM

This type of research is very hard to perform, often because the people who lose their wallets also lose the wallet address, so you can't tell which wallets have lost UTXOs that will never be retrieved. So any numbers you do find on the internet will be more of a guesstimate, rather than being backed with evidence.

duongdaiduong

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:49:48 PM

I don't think anyone wants to statistics currencies lost.
Most belong to the user mistakes. (Lost wallet, wrong address ...)
Simple example token ABC 1,000.000.000 total supply.
You own 10000 token ABC and you lose it. Lost too small token number and this had little impact on the ABC.
It is difficult to find a person or organization to investigate, evaluate and report on lost coins.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 01:05:27 AM

And it's also too difficult to differentiate lost coins and hodled ones.
Crypto dies with the person if they didn't shared the private keys, sent to a wallet claimed by none and yes lost private keys.
This is also a measure that controls/diminishes total supply and maintaining the value of the coin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bayu7adi

Activity: 1428
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 01:12:46 AM

doge has a very cheap price, little change occurs, of course, will be very felt change in value
I love to use doge to give incentives to community crypto who like to do small things, and pay them with this DOGE
that's the value DOGE recruited me, maybe everyone will be different
scoobidoobydu

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 01:13:14 AM

Maybe the coin owner can do the statistics about wallet that do not have any movement in like a year and you will have an estimated number.
The reason I say this because recent year we witnessed strong bullist and bearist market, so if someone having money, they should having some movement already. The one stay should be the inactive/death one.
That's what I think, I am not sure if it can be done on the teach side.

_____ DSTRA ▬ ● ▬ FROM COMMUNITY, COMES UNITY ▬ ● ▬ DSTRA _____
⚫● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRIVACY ▬▬  FAST  ▬▬ LOW FEES   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●⚫
●⚫ ▬▬ Twitter | Facebook | ANN | Discord | Website ▬▬ ⚫●
Klik Kanan

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 01:17:18 AM

Maybe the coin owner can do the statistics about wallet that do not have any movement in like a year and you will have an estimated number.
The reason I say this because recent year we witnessed strong bullist and bearist market, so if someone having money, they should having some movement already. The one stay should be the inactive/death one.
That's what I think, I am not sure if it can be done on the teach side.
thats sounds impossible, because as far i know, the doge developer were not taking care on doge coin anymore. doge was made as joking coin

│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │
Itcher

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 01:08:44 PM

There are many assumptions that a very large part of Bitcoins is lost without a trace. But if the coins are on the wallet for several years without movement it does not mean that they do not have access to someone left them for a long period.
Wikadin (OP)

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:15:04 PM

For Dogecoin there is a dogeparty address (DDogepartyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxw1dfzr) that is used to burn coins. Currently it has more than 1,854,000,000 DOGE which is 1.61% of total supply. I did a quick calculation and it seems that coinmarketcap does not exclude these coins from circulating supply and market cap.
Via-

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:13:44 PM

I often lose coins in my wallet. and I am looking for information in various media about this problem but until now have not found it. i only know because we lost. Is it caused by the loss of kuvi ?. we need some information or articles to solve this problem
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: