Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:13:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinPayments Coin Vote  (Read 7425 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pr0d1gy (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:23:42 PM

Any place we can monitor vote totals, or is it hush-hush until it's over?

You can also view the results at https://www.coinpayments.net/vote-results
The first votes are coming in now.

Cex.io doesn't let me send less then 0.01 BTC.... Embarrassed

After you vote reply to your payment confirmation email with an address and we'll send you a refund of the extra.

I can't. I just do not own Bitcoin. I have just a simbolic 0.005 a guy donated me for an article I wrote. On Cex.io I cannot trade iXcoin for Bitcoin. It will be for the next time.

You can also use LTC and DOGE. If you have that.

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
warbdan

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:17:09 PM

Icoiners are voting and not sending btc. This doesn't seem very fair.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=407866.1400
MrData

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 09:55:02 PM

Icoiners are voting and not sending btc. This doesn't seem very fair.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=407866.1400

There is no way to enter a vote without the donation, if the vote count went up after he clicked through the form it's because someone else's vote was counted in the meantime.

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
warbdan

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:35:26 PM

Good to know.
popshot

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 04:38:35 AM

This is cra*, too expensive and if the coin doesn't win you lose all the money.

I'll pass this time round.

pr0d1gy (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:22:34 AM

This is cra*, too expensive and if the coin doesn't win you lose all the money.

I'll pass this time round.

We are talking about the same 0.001BTC, as in 60 cents (USD), right? lol

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wing_hk

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:36:23 PM

When will this vote end?
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 04:06:47 PM

Wednesday, February 26 at 11:59:59PM EST (GMT -0500).

pr0d1gy (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:54:08 PM

Wednesday, February 26 at 11:59:59PM EST (GMT -0500).

One more day left for voting!

Thanks to all who participated!

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Viperbass

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:41:07 PM

20 minutes to go. Smiley
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 04:54:33 PM

It's actually 11:59:59PM (or 23:59:59 for people using the 24 hour clock), so ~12 hours left.

MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 05:09:55 AM

And.... times up  Wink

A few votes are already in progress so a few more will trickle in but no new votes will be accepted. Now begins the big task of going through the votes and removing fraudulent votes, (of which there are a lot, as seems to be usual now).

Once the last votes have completed or timed out we'll post the final totals of BTC, LTC, and DOGE in this thread and convert the LTC and DOGE to BTC. Originally we were only going to convert the Dogecoin but The Water Project asked us to convert the LTC too.)

The final vote results will be posted by 12:00pm EST (GMT -0500).

Crazyjoe

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:33:27 AM

And.... times up  Wink

A few votes are already in progress so a few more will trickle in but no new votes will be accepted. Now begins the big task of going through the votes and removing fraudulent votes, (of which there are a lot, as seems to be usual now).

Once the last votes have completed or timed out we'll post the final totals of BTC, LTC, and DOGE in this thread and convert the LTC and DOGE to BTC. Originally we were only going to convert the Dogecoin but The Water Project asked us to convert the LTC too.)

After looking at the way the vote counts were going it was pretty clear Klondike and Pandacoin used a bot over the last 24 hours, we were worried about diamond coin being taken out by them. It's also clear iOcoin and iXcoin probably have the same dev team, there votes would jump over 20 in a heartbeat and at the same times. I initially thought iCoin was part of the iOcoin and iXcoin but it looks like they were using the ANN,twitter and facebook to advertise this, so they also might have a lot of REAL votes.  Maxcoin who knows, I am sure smartcoin had REAL votes too.

The problem you guys will face is that if you remove the bot votes from iOcoin, iXCoin,Panda and Klondike there won't be much for charity.
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 05:37:10 AM

The problem you guys will face is that if you remove the bot votes from iOcoin, iXCoin,Panda and Klondike there won't be much for charity.

The donations for the disqualified votes will still be going to the The Water Project, even if they don't count towards the coins.

Juxtapose913

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:40:56 AM

The donations for the disqualified votes will still be going to the The Water Project, even if they don't count towards the coins.

In retrospect, don't you think you kind of limited the amount that could have been donated for this cause by limiting everyone to one vote each?
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 05:47:53 AM

While it is good for the charity we also need accurate numbers. Whoever has the biggest wallet to spend on votes doesn't tell us anything about how many people would actually like to shop at stores using X coin Smiley

Juxtapose913

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:50:35 AM

While it is good for the charity we also need accurate numbers. Whoever has the biggest wallet to spend on votes doesn't tell us anything about how many people would actually like to shop at stores using X coin Smiley

True enough I guess, how will you all be determining which votes were fraudulent?  IP addresses?
Crazyjoe

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:52:26 AM

My guess for the true winning list.

1. Diamond
2. iCoin
3. Maxcoin
4. Smartcoin
5. Vertcoin

Getting out popcorn.
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 06:01:38 AM

Checking for duplicate IP addresses, obviously fake/bounced emails, checking against the StopForumSpam and HTTP:BL lists (automatic disqualify if on those lists since they are mostly botnets and spambots), if it's a Tor node (they won't be disqualified just for being on Tor but will bring extra scrutiny to see if they are part of a larger pattern), and good old fashioned human looking for patterns in the times and emails. One of the most popular during this vote was reallookingname[somerandomcharacters]@outlook.com using Tor IPs, 85+ of those.

GreatestAlly

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:03:01 AM

And.... times up  Wink

After looking at the way the vote counts were going it was pretty clear Klondike and Pandacoin used a bot over the last 24 hours, we were worried about diamond coin being taken out by them. It's also clear iOcoin and iXcoin probably have the same dev team, there votes would jump over 20 in a heartbeat and at the same times. I initially thought iCoin was part of the iOcoin and iXcoin but it looks like they were using the ANN,twitter and facebook to advertise this, so they also might have a lot of REAL votes.  Maxcoin who knows, I am sure smartcoin had REAL votes too.

There was a huge push from the pandacoin community on reddit and IRC in the last 24 hours. I think you'll find those votes are legitimate.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: