Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:26:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Samsung Stores in Three Baltic States Accepting Cryptocurrencies  (Read 341 times)
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:48:34 AM

this is meaningless unless there is a demand for it and only if people actually use it! for instance we need some stats from these stores to see whether people even used any of these cryptocurrencies to buy stuff from them or not.

for example did anyone at all went to these stores and paid 1400 XRP to buy a flat screen TV for instance? it doesn't seem like something people which are only investing in these altcoins for their pump and dumps do.

Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 05:52:53 AM

Samsung Baltic Stores Start Accepting Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Dash, Nem, and Steem. https://news.bitcoin.com/samsung-stores-in-the-baltic-states-now-accept-cryptocurrencies/
It is like a retailer store. They can accept whatever they want and in this case payment processing firms is facilitating everything for them.
Coppay or BitPay are doing the job and stores are getting paid in fiat. Win - win Smiley

loragean03

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:59:06 AM

These news makes a huge effect in whole crypto world. Some of the reputated companies like samsung, and mcdo are now  slowly adopting crypto currency, it can be give them more easier to make an transactions when they start using this,  or they see some potentials to use crypto. If this all happen world wide,  prices of every leading crypto currencies will rise.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3836

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:28:28 AM

this is meaningless unless there is a demand for it and only if people actually use it! for instance we need some stats from these stores to see whether people even used any of these cryptocurrencies to buy stuff from them or not.

for example did anyone at all went to these stores and paid 1400 XRP to buy a flat screen TV for instance? it doesn't seem like something people which are only investing in these altcoins for their pump and dumps do.

It sure might not mean much if people don't use it, but hey. If they put up signs about them accepting BTC and other crypto, it's still publicity I guess. Not as good as we're hoping but it's something.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dohh

Activity: 332
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:32:54 AM

Samsung Baltic Stores Start Accepting Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Dash, Nem, and Steem. https://news.bitcoin.com/samsung-stores-in-the-baltic-states-now-accept-cryptocurrencies/

Thats bullshit of course. Im from Baltics, I can assure You, no one accepts BTC here. Never believe "news" about bitcoin, that are released by enthusiasts themselves.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:38:07 AM

"Turn on Future' they said, Finally samsung made it officially. This is a great news for the bitcoin community especially for those who uses bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as mode of payment. This will greatly affect the market for bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, Ripple, Dash,Nem and Steem. I guess they already seen the potential of digital assets and so they come up with that.
mahbuboracle

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:41:48 AM

The excellent logging of the world of crypto may be some of the big companies according to samsung steps.

with the acceptance of many large companies will have a big effect on bitcoin prices. soon crypto world will dominate the world with the ease of doing transactions.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:42:06 AM

It sure might not mean much if people don't use it, but hey. If they put up signs about them accepting BTC and other crypto, it's still publicity I guess. Not as good as we're hoping but it's something.

yeah but it can also be damaging as most of these altcoins don't even have a user friendly secure wallet. for example when it comes to bitcoin you can find a wide variety of wallets from hardware wallets (which average Joes don't even use, they are mostly for those with larger amounts and mostly traders) to paper wallets, SPV wallets,... that the newbies can use. but what are you going to use for the altcoins?
their full node? that's not going to happen for a newbie.
a web wallet? it is not safe at all. we have already had so many cases of stolen coins because people are using MEW for instance.
an SPV desktop wallet? majority of them don't even have that!

Only Bitcoin
budarkcyber

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:43:09 AM

Nice info, I hope this will be an example for other companies or store to accept cryptocurrency and this may be good news for future cryptocurrency
seramania

Activity: 827
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:49:11 AM

wow this is good news for big electronic products like samsung receive cryptocurrency, this bsia used for samsung lovers to shop and use crypto easily so i think this can be used as the best moment.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Ghost251

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:08:00 AM

Awesome!!! This is Grate News, Samsung Is Big Company This News Give Big Help for Cryptocurrency World!
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:14:41 AM

Awesome!!! This is Grate News, Samsung Is Big Company This News Give Big Help for Cryptocurrency World!

the company (Samsung) is not accepting cryptocurrncy payments. it is the third party stores that are accepting bitcoin, etc as payment. it is like saying Samsung is now accepting Euro as payment because a shop in a European country has opened!

not to mention Baltic states population is too small (6 million according to google) it is not going to change anything at all.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:56:40 AM

good news, means especially in your country bitcoin development can be accepted from all circles of your country. but I am quite sad, because in my country bitcoin can not be used for shopping.

Daniwahyu007

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 08:15:06 AM

i think wow this is good news of course..in canada also kfc payment already accept payment through bitcoin

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:24:01 AM

I hope this will also be available in our country I'm planning to buy one if the new latest model will release. Hope other mobile phone will offer this also accepting crypto at its current value.
Riiichard

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:24:31 AM

yes
nickwen

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:30:09 AM

This made me feel very surprised. There is a lot of news at the beginning of the year talking about SAMSUNG wanting to use cryptocurrency as a form of payment. I thought it was just rumors and not the exact news. But today I thought I was wrong.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3836

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:03:54 AM

yeah but it can also be damaging as most of these altcoins don't even have a user friendly secure wallet. for example when it comes to bitcoin you can find a wide variety of wallets from hardware wallets (which average Joes don't even use, they are mostly for those with larger amounts and mostly traders) to paper wallets, SPV wallets,... that the newbies can use. but what are you going to use for the altcoins?
their full node? that's not going to happen for a newbie.
a web wallet? it is not safe at all. we have already had so many cases of stolen coins because people are using MEW for instance.
an SPV desktop wallet? majority of them don't even have that!

Definitely! That's what kinda baffled me too. I only expected BTC and probably BCH(depending what Samsung's opinion on the hard fork is). But NEM? ETH? STEEM? They aren't even made to be a currency; also taking into consideration that like you said, they don't even have mobile wallets. Looks like the person in charge doesn't know much and just simply accepted some other cryptos that he/she/they're invested in.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
leostrong.mo

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:13:39 AM

BTC is legal in Korea, so many of Samsung's physical stores will continue to accept cryptocurrency payments! Star is also preparing to allow online stores to support cryptocurrency settlements in the short term.
This will promote the development of cryptocurrency, which is a very good news for the market!
retampan

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:14:36 AM

Damn, it was fast to accept cryptocurrencies nowadays as there are not so many peoples around the world know about bitcoin. But, it's already a good news.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: