Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:03:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra Turning into BFL v 2.0 - Now preselling a gpu style miner...  (Read 1122 times)
xzempt (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:35:26 AM

Building on the phenomenal success of the TerraMiner™, the highest performance Bitcoin miner ever released, CoinTerra has now announced their second product with the introduction of the GSX I PCIe Card Bitcoin miner.

“Having delivered the TerraMiner, the most powerful Bitcoin miner ever released, we decided to turn our attention to designing an affordable solution for the folks who kick-started the mining revolution – enthusiasts and hobbyists looking for an affordable path to ASIC-based Bitcoin mining. At just $1,599 and delivering over 400 gigahash per second, the GSX I combines a low cost of entry with exceptional performance.” said Ravi Iyengar, CEO – CoinTerra, Inc.

At the heart of the GSX I is CoinTerra’s proven GoldStrike™ I ASIC processor mated to CoolIT’s DCLC™ direct contact liquid cooling unit with a 120mm exhaust fan. The GSX I package is designed to fit a wide assortment of PC mid‑tower and full‑tower cases, enabling the seamless integration of a dedicated high-performance Bitcoin mining processor into a standard PC form factor.

The GSX I is controlled by the same software as the TerraMiner, running on the host PC and connected via the card’s USB ports. This architecture allows for maximum flexibility, including the exciting possibility of building expandable mining solutions with non-PC controllers.

“An additional benefit of this design is that an entirely standalone system comprised of multiple GSX I cards could be driven by an off-the-shelf controller, such as the BeagleBone Black found inside the TerraMiner. We would be thrilled to see the community explore this kind of solution.” said Jim O’Connor, VP Engineering – CoinTerra, Inc.

With its high performance, an attractive price of $1,599, and a flexible, expandable design built on tried-and-tested industry leading technology, CoinTerra is once again poised to revolutionize the hardware Bitcoin mining space with the GSX I.

To order the GSX I with delivery scheduled for June 2014, visit: https://cointerra.com/shop
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:41:27 AM

Yea it's already getting killed (rightfully so) in the main Cointerra thread.

I just don't get for one second how in the world of mining a Company thought it would be a good idea to sell something that is four times as SLOW as what is available today five months from now.

These things won't even generate dust by the time you get one.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:41:56 AM

They would be the real BFL 2.0 if they had pretended that shipping is expected to start in two weeks™
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:42:50 AM

If they don't deliver till June,it had better be at or less than .5w per GH  Cheesy

I see ASICminer's 40nm coming in March is it Huh At about .65w per GH,or is that just the chip so far..............  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
j03

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 03:25:30 AM

Yeah I don't like their arrogant tone and their failure to deliver on the 2TH/s promise. Now a 400GH/s card slated for JUNE?! Comon. Cointerrible.

1MYwxy8TniWL37y3ueG2cN6i5eQ49Fr19Q
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 10:52:45 AM

Maybe they should stick to fixing their current products instead of pre-selling another unproven miner...

BFL 2.0 indeed.

Let the shaming begin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: