Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:00:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin before 2011 - how did you get involved  (Read 1054 times)
kaysersoze (OP)

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:24:32 AM

just curious how did you early bitcoiners get involved and what attracted you, single most important thing that made you believe in it.

rhj12345

Activity: 138

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:56:00 AM

Great question! I would love to know how some of you found Bitcoin early, and do you think you will use that kind of knowledge to invest into the next explosion of value on whatever is the next big coin?

As a computer guy I have had access to a large amounts of computer power over the last 18 years. So as I am just finding out about this, it kills me to know I could have, just maybe been rich. I am old enough to have owed the first stock in Microsoft and Google, so I feel I missed yet another ship. I have been married to the same wonderful beautiful woman for the last 30 years and I have two really great children with children of there own, so maybe these are the riches I have gained. But man I wish I had 10,000 Bitcoins.  Grin Grin Grin

I am having fun learning this, it is all so new and really interesting. I will be building my first GPU mining rig this week using 3 high end cards and also running Hyper-V clients. So I hope to get 5 complete miners (1 GPU and 4 CPU) out of one computer. Going to be fun to try and make it all work.

Rob Cheesy
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:52:44 AM

Great question! I would love to know how some of you found Bitcoin early, and do you think you will use that kind of knowledge to invest into the next explosion of value on whatever is the next big coin?

As a computer guy I have had access to a large amounts of computer power over the last 18 years. So as I am just finding out about this, it kills me to know I could have, just maybe been rich. I am old enough to have owed the first stock in Microsoft and Google, so I feel I missed yet another ship. I have been married to the same wonderful beautiful woman for the last 30 years and I have two really great children with children of there own, so maybe these are the riches I have gained. But man I wish I had 10,000 Bitcoins.  Grin Grin Grin

I am having fun learning this, it is all so new and really interesting. I will be building my first GPU mining rig this week using 3 high end cards and also running Hyper-V clients. So I hope to get 5 complete miners (1 GPU and 4 CPU) out of one computer. Going to be fun to try and make it all work.

Rob Cheesy

Are you planning to GPU mine bitcoin?  If you are, then the power cost alone will make it not worth it.  You may want to try an altcoin with GPU mining
rhj12345

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:38:32 PM

Rob Cheesy

Are you planning to GPU mine bitcoin?  If you are, then the power cost alone will make it not worth it.  You may want to try an altcoin with GPU mining

Yes. I will be mining other coins. Seems like Bitcoin is a little too out of reach.
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:46:12 PM

I found it in 2009 'cause i'm always thru' tech news, but to me that was just a toy...I tried to mine for fun, but it was complex for fun purposes
lolipop

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:36:05 PM

i was digital trader thats how i got involve

♦  Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com  ♦   ♦  Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets  ♦    ♦  Provably Fair  ♦ 
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:26:49 PM

Rob Cheesy

Yes. I will be mining other coins. Seems like Bitcoin is a little too out of reach.

This site is great for checking bitcoin ROI:  http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/
rhj12345

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:40:01 AM

Rob Cheesy

First time I have seen that link. Thanks.

This site is great for checking bitcoin ROI:  http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:21:03 AM

I was happily flying along in my spaceship until one fateful  day Lulsec crashed the eve-online servers. With no internetspaceship game to play I soon found myself reading Lulsec's 50 days of Lulz on paste bin . One thing lead to another when I found out they had been receiving donations from something called bitcoin.

I do not condone Lulsecz activity's back then etc etc despite how funny some of it was but would like to thank them (not including the FBI informer) for changing my life even just a little.

After reading up on bitcoin it all just made sense, well no not all the details but the idea of it. Also I hate my bank and bitcoin gives me a fuzzy feeling every time I dont need to use them.

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:44:26 AM

just curious how did you early bitcoiners get involved and what attracted you, single most important thing that made you believe in it.

I read an article about the allinvain hack and thought what sort of idiot would put all that money into fake money.  I came to the forums, was a big skeptic for a long while, but eventually saw the potential after many "spirited" debates.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:56:32 AM

Unfortunately, I didn't discover bitcoin until February 2012.  Then It took me another 17 months (June 2013) of reading, studying, learning, and discussing before I had enough belief in the long term prospects of bitcoin to actually put any effort into actually acquiring any.
rhj12345

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:02:33 AM

I think as a newbie I find it interesting to look at the calculation charts that show how much computing power you need. Then look online to see how much that will cost. Then see that the hardware if ordered today, will maybe arrive around June 2014. And then back to the calculation showing me that new hardware I could purchase now and get later will be useless because it gets harder to mine everyday.

Who the heck created Bitcoin? The Joker?

I am Batman! LOL

Rob Cool
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:54:05 AM

When I have understood what Bitcoin was, it pulled me in instantly. Only in '13 but what can you do.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
FoBoT

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:57:18 AM

is O.P. the KeyserSoze from anandtech ?
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:57:54 AM

I was told about it by some early miners but sadly didn't get interested enough to investigate until late 2012

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: