Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:50:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons why i will invest in Crytpocurrencies and forget ICO's  (Read 1103 times)
JaekRock

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 03:32:30 AM

Agreed.  Lots of ICOs seem like straightout scams or destined to fail.  Crypto is a little easier to understand I think on a mass level, and therefore will get most of the investment attention.  Still a huge risk for crypto, but one that people are getting more use to taking.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
letsfly

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:35:47 AM

Some cryptocurrencies are already stable in the market and the percentage of getting you scam is small compared to ico's nowadays.

CybereyesWinger

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:11:12 PM

This is what i would advice,... Invest in cryptocurrencies listed on coin market cap and forget ICOs.
Reasons:
1. Coins listed on coin market cap are more reliable to invest in than coin yet to be listed on coin market cap/being offered during initial sales.
2. Lately most ICOs are scam.
3. Lately most ICOs do not reach their soft cap. Hence, chances are, you may either get you money back same or depreciated or loss it entirely
4. Coins listed on coin market cap have been listed on most trading sites. Hence, you get the chance to participate in any form of trading you desire.
Caution:
Before you invest in a particular coin listed on coin market cap
1. Take a careful look at the price graph of coins and decide which coin interest you
2. Read more about how to invest in your desired coin. the pros and cons.
3. Work your way out to make your first investment.
Before you invest in an ICO,
1. Gain indepth knowledge about every aspect of the Project
2. Ask yourself whether the Project is worth your investment?.
3. Ask yourself would other people have interest in the project?
4. Ask yourself whether, the project has greater chance of hitting it soft and hard cap during token sale?
5. Measure your level of suspicion of scam behind the project.
Remember: if soft cap is not achieved the project becomes unsuccessful, Hence your investment might be interrupted
                If soft cap and hard cap are achieved, probability of the team running away with your money is pretty high.
Therefore becareful the kinda ICOs you invest in
The above is entirely my opinion. Please share yours below if you agree or disagree

I completely agree! But, without certain experience, Trading and Hodling are risky. The most acceptable method of investing at the moment is ICO. For a more successful contribution, you need to carefully analyze the project. Identify is necessary for the market side. For example, the Kelvin Blockchain project has an innovative method of encryption, transmission, storage, and security. All this is based on quantum computing. Thus becoming in demand in the future. I managed to participate in several ICO, some I earned quite well, I can say with certainty, for a good project, it must have potential for the future, that it will be needed in five years. Unfortunately most projects do not have this potential. I was lucky and I came across a project focused on protecting against hacking quantum processors, and to maximize the use of all the advantages of new technologies, project Kelvin Blockchain, you need at least to consider, because not every day there is such a good option for investing money.
citydragoon

Activity: 173

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:16:01 PM

Yout position is quite clear and I support your decision.Cryptocurrencies have a larger potential and ICO's predictions are not so far-sighted at all.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
brainryan

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:20:48 PM

This is what i would advice,... Invest in cryptocurrencies listed on coin market cap and forget ICOs.
Reasons:
1. Coins listed on coin market cap are more reliable to invest in than coin yet to be listed on coin market cap/being offered during initial sales.
3. Lately most ICOs do not reach their soft cap. Hence, chances are, you may either get you money back same or depreciated or loss it entirely
4. Coins listed on coin market cap have been listed on most trading sites. Hence, you get the chance to participate in any form of trading you desire.

Caution:
1. Take a careful look at the price graph of coins and decide which coin interest you

4. Ask yourself whether, the project has greater chance of hitting it soft and hard cap during token sale?

Remember: if soft cap is not achieved the project becomes unsuccessful, Hence your investment might be interrupted
                If soft cap and hard cap are achieved, probability of the team running away with your money is pretty high.

The above is entirely my opinion. Please share yours below if you agree or disagree
Yes, you have prepared and researched very thoroughly. However, the downward trend from the beginning of the year still affect investor sentiment. Based on that, it can be seen that the trend of the cryptocurrency market will never be separated from bitcoin.
beleyeleazar

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:39:03 AM

the main reason which you forgot among your list of reasons is that when you invest in an altcoin that has already been around it means you have some history to work with.
for example an altcoin that has been around for at least a couple of weeks has an established market and a nice chart that you can look at to see the volumes, the current price and the changes of it throughout all its lifetime,... and you can use all that to analyze the coin and make a better investment decision and reduce the risks of your investment.

That's true but I think what he's saying basically is more on the legitimacy or reliability of the coin that you are looking at investing into, because he specifically pointed out the scams in ICO lately.
IsabellaSophia

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:03:25 PM

Yes I agree with you. I think investing on cryptocurrencies are more reliable than investing on ICOs. The most important reason is when we invest on an established altcoin, we already know that if it is a scam or not. But, identifying scams on ICO projects are really difficult.   
sister1001

Activity: 237
Merit: 43

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:29:13 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 10:12:04 PM by sister1001

You obviously don´t know what you are talking about. If softcap is not reached funds should be returned, and with a public team there would be legal consequences in "just running". If they are planning to do an exit scam it does not matter if they reach the hard cap or not, they will take whatever they got and hit the road.

EducoinVietnam

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:36:42 PM

Reasons:

Caution:

I couldn't agree more. ICO is several times more risky and investments in crypto currency seem to me several times safer than this
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:13:39 PM

Investing into ICOs can be profitable as not many people are aware of the potential of the project and if getting a good bonus there is good chance for making a 10 x profit when the coin enter the market.
With established coins and in declining market such profits are not possible.
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:22:39 PM

Reasons:

Caution:

I actually agree with you on what you said concerning ICOs that do run away once they achieved either soft cap or hard cap. I happened to be a witness of such scenario back in 2017 when I invested in Ethconnect ICO. The Ethconnect ICO achieved its hardcap and even increased it but the admins ran away with over $20million.

jayendo

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:23:34 PM

Everything sounds quite logical and I still prefer crypto-currencies as the main investment and in addition one of the most profitable
EducoinVietnam

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:17:42 AM

Your actions are very logical and take place. It seems to me that you are doing the right thing and ICO is definitely not for everyone
TomInVa57

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:40:40 PM

Reasons:

Caution:

There is nothing better than to invest in cryptocurrencies. Minimal risk of loss of funds and obvious profit. I don't know how to ignore it.
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:41:56 PM

To put it bluntly, I think that this is the right decision that a person should take, but there is a very high probability that the world will not receive new projects and new ideas in this case. This is inevitable you understand?
jfederkins

Activity: 296

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:20:55 PM

Because of scams I consider. Nobody wants to be scammes at all and we are not ready to get with it. I suppose that this problem is too actual to avoid it.
jfederkins

Activity: 296

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:34:28 AM

It is quite clear, ICOs are attacked with scams and cryptocurrencies are more suitable for investments thanks for their supporting from the value and position on the market.
nekorakoeora

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:22:13 AM

actually, invest either in crypto or ICO alike could produce the same and also would risk. When the ICO does not reach the softcap certainly will not run and it took the ICO are indeed interesting election so that it can produce. However, if the crypto also is in precisely the same thing also does not produce if sold in a position value of a loss.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
fly99

Activity: 421

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:29:38 AM

Your reason is very good, it makes sense. ICO is not worthy of our trust now. Your suggestion is to trade coins that have been listed on the trading market, but there are problems here. Most of the coins listed on the exchange are also ICO coins, so I don't think this will solve the problems ICO is facing now.
My current recommendation is not to participate in any ICO, nor to buy these new coins, to trade those old mainstream currencies until we see the ICO rules forced to change

ChoiceClear654

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:34:00 AM

As there are lots of fake ICO's in market, so you should avoid ICO and try to invest in crypto currency.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: