Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:58:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need more moral education  (Read 1956 times)
Bugsy22

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:08:36 AM

Nowadays all countries only pay attention to the academic, they never pay attention to the moral education anymore, now more people are very rude and don't respect elders anymore, and we come to one point where people hackers are cool, people are proud to be hacker, don't they realize that hacker are actually stealing from other people?

Nowadays scammers are everywhere, and they proud to be a scammer and called their victim an idiot who falls into their trap, they got no shame anymore to do bad things, I think all of this happen due to the lack of moral education

Moral education supposed to be taught at school and the parents also need to responsible to teach their children, moral education can make the world become better place to live

Your idea is good, but who is to determine what morals are? These could vary significantly from culture to culture. I don't know. This issue sounds insolvable to me, which doesn't make it less important.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptojuni

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:23:22 AM

We need moral education in are various societies and the nations at large to enlighten the up coming youths which are our daily hope of tomorrow for proper development of our societies. Also, to regulate a peaceful and harmonized environment that adds value to the systems of education in our nation.     
Charles_Summers

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:56:11 AM

Very very good stuff. I was scared many people now consider this a thing of the past. So many problems we see in the society today are truly a result of the absence of proper moral education. I know many people may disagree. But I think religion is a great tool in imparting moral education. That's religion in its pure state though. So, I think the more we disregard religion, the more immoral our society will end up being. Schools have to restore some focus on morality. The family setting too is a great platform for rectifying things. Sadly, divorce and many other increasingly prevalent factors render this platform useless.
NeMa94

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:21:53 PM

I do believe that moral standards need and should be taught in schools like any other subjects. In some schools they learn kids dogmatic stuff while missing the point - being a good person is not bad, or uncool. I think people have lost direction since we "separated" from religion. I'm not a preacher, or religious in any particular way. I just think that moral was brought to us by religion and that now we need to think of a new way to teach our kids that it is good to be good.
Honour423
Copper Member

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:40:34 AM

No, since nobody can come to a concensous on what is moral and what is not.
Chestt

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:19:17 AM

I agree, we need more moral education, but first we need to redefine the standards and "a list" of generally acceptable things, I believe.
neliawesome

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:17:26 AM

I agree that there should be a serious education regarding moral values.I think it will also learned first at home were your parents and family is responsible to every children to teach them moral values so that their children will grow up with good values and second is moral education will be seriously taught in school.All of us went through moral education classes right at school and for me it seems like its not given really importance.Thats why some children nowadays act differently and may grow up as what you said like a hacker/scammer because they doesnt care and nobody cares for them and teach them when they are still young.Good moral is more important than anything else because it is the measurement of what you are and what will you be and it is the key for everyones success.
crouts

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:06:33 PM

i don't think that all country are not focusing about moral education because in japan they don't teach their children academics in the first 3 levels of their education. because the number one thing they are teaching is the moral values.
typertees

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 12:27:32 PM

Education & Parenting programs is the most important things to build a Moral.
since early stage Parents must teach their child to have some manner & politeness, because Morals are build up since we are young.
but as they grow up. sometimes they changed. by the condition of economics, needs & lifestyle.

and totally agree that parents have a responsibillty bout they child of being a bad moral person.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:09:40 PM

Moral education at home and at school would probably be the best approach.
Everything starts at home, our morals and values are reflections of how we
were raised by our parents and elders.
jorse

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:50:54 PM

Moral education is an important part of critical thought and helping people to understand themselves, the universe and their relationships with others. Fundamentally existence, life, and especially human life acts to create meaning for itself. While development of this framework is primarily a natural result of existing/living, it can be encouraged and catalyzed by education as a specific component of that existence. This is highly relevant for humans existing with one another as part of a society so as to maintain and cultivate both the individual members of the society and the society as a whole.
enogheghase123
Copper Member

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 04:37:26 AM

lets find our way back to where we threw morality to the dust, beacause the society is becoming more immoral and we are handicap about the situation, immorality is now the order of the day, we now live in a society where thugs are celebrated and intellects are left behind closed doors. lets introduce morality into our curriculum in schools, lets catch them young, this i think is the way out.

ClubXman

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:57:50 PM

lets find our way back to where we threw morality to the dust, beacause the society is becoming more immoral and we are handicap about the situation, immorality is now the order of the day, we now live in a society where thugs are celebrated and intellects are left behind closed doors. lets introduce morality into our curriculum in schools, lets catch them young, this i think is the way out.

People will come to the same conclusion soon, I guess. We have to wait a couple of years before it happens, though. As soon as we come to realize it, we are going to be ready to find our way back to morality
katherin_panini

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:15:16 PM

Nowadays all countries only pay attention to the academic, they never pay attention to the moral education anymore

They shouldn't. That is a responsibility of a parent and no one can objectively tell you what is moral and what is not.

Moral education supposed to be taught at school and the parents also need to responsible to teach their children, moral education can make the world become better place to live

Moral education is nothing more than training a person to be obedient to your values and beliefs without any reasonable explanation.
If it makes sense to do something, then it can be thought scientifically, but if you have no proof, no evidence and no reasoning to act a certain way, that is just brainwashing an individual to blindly follow your instructions.

If it's the responsibility of the parent, and the parent received no moral education, then where are the morals going to come from? How can we decide on a decent set of values and beliefs if we leave it up to the subjective will of the parents to decide? What if one family's values conflict with another's? Then how are we going to find a middle ground if these issues are not addressed in education? Who will mediate?

Education does not have to be brainwashing. It can be balanced and tolerant.
Doctor4You

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:32:28 PM

I agree, but I believe we need to find a new way to introduce it to our society because the society has changed and might not be ready to learn in an old-fashioned manner.
ArmanShirinyan

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:42:49 PM

100% agree. You will see in a future that liberterian side of mind will kill our society
FroggysDoggy

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:08:38 PM

I agree, but I believe we need to find a new way to introduce it to our society because the society has changed and might not be ready to learn in an old-fashioned manner.

Yeah, you're right. The old way may not work with the kids who were born in the new Millennium...
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:11:39 AM

yes now that all education is more focused on academics, I think if parents teach morality when they are adults it will be a little late because when children start to grow up, they begin to be affected by other children's delinquency. Moral education must be taught early on and the community environment must be maintained as well, so that the morality of the child is not carried away by the bad luck of other children
Buster2001

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:42:28 AM

Yeah, you're right. The old way may not work with the kids who were born in the new Millennium...

Sure. We must find new ways to do it.

Moreover, we must FIND people CAPABLE of DOING it in a new way, which might not be that easy....
SneakyLady

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:45:00 PM

You're right, and in some places it's worse than others, but in general moral education is becoming increasingly nonexistent. This is why they say "the midwest (US) is a good place to be from." No one lives there to feed their vanity. The cities aren't that nice, etc, but it's a good place to raise a family and people are generally kind-hearted.

With regards to hackers, I think this stems from the fact that we live in an age where we don't interact with people face-to-face as much, so we don't feel the harm we do to others is actually happening or is as problematic. Out of sight out of mind.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: