Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:45:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what can you tell me about the dangers of investing in an American ICO?  (Read 201 times)
Theyetion

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:08:41 PM

from my  opinion emusic is different kind of project in America ICO's.  But as sec  will regulate this ico's and i think will not for long run.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:13:30 PM

The US does not allow The ICO to be implemented there. So if there is an ICO of USA launch. That ICO is operating illegally against US law. And will certainly be accused and closed of. If you invest in it. Surely you will lose the entire investment amount

Beimere

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:24:00 PM

From my point of view it’s a good move. Although this type of industry is so centralized but there are no superior alternative. Now we will listen music from decentralized platform. It so exciting it allow independent  artist and consult directly.
cryptojohnn7

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:09:18 PM

I appreciate the attempt of Emusic. It will help a lots of artists and small label to come to the spotlight. Otherwise it is very hard for them. Maybe there will be some risk but first we will need to know the complete plan.
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 05:13:44 PM

I've discovered another fact. Most of the European ico doesn't cares about token price after ico. They think this way: we took the money and you dear investors please wait while we develop our product, after that you will get your profits. China guys works like - hype hype hype, everyone take profits on ICO stage, then we can do our development.

jonloner011

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:18:24 PM

There are many reasons to avoid american ICOs, the country's rules and regulations, their citizens not being able to participate etc are some of them. However, trump government is not being too harsh about ICOs recently, recent negotiations with SEC might have had an effect. For now, eMusic looks like a project full of promises.
Exchge

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:28:21 PM

I think it's very dangerous if we invest in ICO America because we know that their government is very strict in terms of some kind of crypto industry.
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 05:29:35 PM

The Americans have very good ideas and developments, investing in American projects is as risky as in projects from other countries, not only because of the control of SEC and security services, but also because of the large number of scam in cryptocurrencies. Maybe even American projects that were released on the ICO and received the approval of the SEC are less risky and are guaranteed to pay dividends to investors.
DarkTaiga

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:54:01 PM

I think it's very dangerous if we invest in ICO America because we know that their government is very strict in terms of some kind of crypto industry.

I think the founders have researched the law carefully before starting ICOs. So we don't need to worry anything about it. At present, many US ICOs are active and successful, without legal obstacles. We can't say anything until the SEC makes a decision. Ignoring American ICOs will make you lose a lot of good chances because it have many potential.
jwplayer0
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 30

[REP] Augur

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:11:40 PM

I do not see anything dangerous in American projects. And even on the contrary, I trust American projects even more than others, because in the USA strict laws against scammers.

rabia_laskor

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 11:13:11 PM

As far as I know, these projects future is not good. Most probably these projects will be closed in near future. That’s why I think investing in American ICO is dangerous. Keep in mind, This is only my concern.
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:19:46 PM

As i understand that is the token is sec complaint , if it is a security then this token in is an advantage not an disadvantage because then it is regulated by SEC and could be bought by US investors which is a very good thing.
Awoben

Activity: 236
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:23:25 PM

It's more safe and secure to invest in an American project, but know that all your details income and all that pertains to you are free for the eye to see.  
It's not worth the stress, such ICO is already centralized and controlled by the government.  
vitek_dyb

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:27:29 PM

What now situations with American ICO can project from US will have future and what now SEC still not give green light for this ICO?
I think it's very dangerous if we invest in ICO USA becouse how we know SEC  regulated  all. I see some project very progressive and with good team and plans but how  to know that this ICO and project will be not reesticted by SEC?
cryptohipo

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:21:27 PM

If we look back at the old news, a lot of ICO  projects which originated in America, got closed down. This could be the main reason why the people are reluctant or labelled it as dangerous to invest in them.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
IsabellaSophia

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:01:39 PM

Emusic is known to be the first major music platform which embraced blockchain technology. Though they haven't yet made an official announcement, a website is known as token.emusic . They also have a plan for initial coin offering sale.   
Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:44:37 PM

I've heard that eMusic is moving towards an ICO. 

Well, there is no doubt the music industry is one of the most centralized, there are no good alternatives to Spotify and Pandora,
we need to take the power back from the big labels, by listening to music through decentralized platforms.

From what I understand, emusic allows independent music artists and small labels to negotiate directly,

indeed looks like a refreshing project, though isn’t it a huge risk investing in projects coming from the US before the SEC will regulate ICOs?

There is no point in launching an ICO in USA at all, the best countries are Singapore, Switzerland, the tax havens and similar places. Forget the US, is not worth it.
teeshe

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 11:26:02 PM

I've heard that eMusic is moving towards an ICO. 

Well, there is no doubt the music industry is one of the most centralized, there are no good alternatives to Spotify and Pandora,
we need to take the power back from the big labels, by listening to music through decentralized platforms.

From what I understand, emusic allows independent music artists and small labels to negotiate directly,

indeed looks like a refreshing project, though isn’t it a huge risk investing in projects coming from the US before the SEC will regulate ICOs?

With respect to ICOs from America, the singular risk they face is that they are under direct jurisdiction of SEC. Despite that, I have seen some American project founders register their project in other countries as this will enable them have a smooth fund raising process via ICO.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: