Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:40:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are Americans blocked from participating ICO Telegram groups?  (Read 356 times)
Z-Chain (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:56:47 PM

I just came across the weirdest thing. In the eMusic ICO telegram community,

there is some sort of a ‘bouncer bot’, blocking U.S. citizens from participating in the discussion.

This is the first time I see this kind of thing.. can anyone explain what is all about?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
julian2000

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:00:59 PM

There are many projects that restrict US citizens from participating in the ICO in any form because they are trying to be in compliant with the SEC, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
KUMAR6

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:31:03 AM

Well, you are correct, though eMusic is a very unique American project that has many resources

and made a huge progress in negotiations with the SEC to get a rare approval to raise money.

Looks like a very serious one, check their site

https://token.emusic.com/
inding

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:46:53 AM

Because American law has restrictions on this, if you often participate in ICO, you will find that many ICOs prohibit US citizens, Chinese citizens, Singapore citizens, and I think their telegraph group may have similar regulations.
CripplesPlazma

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:17:30 AM

My friend also told me this thing today. I think this is something related to SEC. There are many ICOs which have already blocked users from certain countries. And I don’t think it’s weird.
ETHTachometer

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:58:43 AM

Right now US government somehow discourages crypto investment right now. Things will possibly change. For now I would like to invest in south american region, or Europe works fine I guess.
BartholomewBTC

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:09:46 AM

yes I heard about this news that many projects are putting restriction toward the US citizen but I am not sure how correct there decision is , it is maybe happening because they complain about the process, but I didn't get any updates about it, now we can hope that the situation will be changed in the upcoming years
elncrow

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 11:30:53 AM

US citizens have certain laws and regulations to follow, that simply abide them to take part in such ICO telegram groups. Which is why they are not seen here.
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:34:51 AM

U.S citizens or residents are restricted from a lot of ICO's. So I wont be surprised they are even blocked from joining the telegram group of some projects. This is likely because of the SEC regulations and their perception of the tokens of certain ICO's as securities.
Psynthax

Activity: 2254
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:37:56 AM

My friend also told me this thing today. I think this is something related to SEC. There are many ICOs which have already blocked users from certain countries. And I don’t think it’s weird.
Because the majority of the icos can't even fill all of the SEC compliant to be the investment place. I think that you can see that about how the majority of people are thinking about that right now. US citizens are getting banned to participate in any ico because that will give them all the more risk.
zedaq

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:38:38 AM

I can not answer this question, but I'm very interested to know why there was such a situation that Americans can not invest in crypto-currencies? Is it strange? But it seems to me that this is not very correct.
mika1977

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:03:41 PM

No one wants to contact the SEC. For any fraudulent activity you can get a life sentence.
Perfect35

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:15:46 PM

I feel there is a bidding on US citizens, by a body with authority, not to participate in ICO, except such citizen is an accredited investors. Although, there are even some ICOs that do not allow both accredited and non-accreditted US investors from investing. This does not affect US citizens alone, but also the citizens of some few countries.
Beity

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:39:51 PM

The US as having a strict ban in cryptocurrencies still now, started to approve some of the projects with a bunch of rules and regulations. For this cause, we are seeing this kind of restriction problems. We and the ICOs have to follow this protocols there's no way to deny. But as new regulation Force have been formed, there might be possibilities to come in near future.
Fleve

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:41:37 PM

I think this is a compliance issue for which in some cases US citizens are not allowed to participate in ICO programs. To me, that's not problem at all rather it's trying to be more compliant with laws and regulations.
petloer

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 01:01:56 PM

Because according to American government's regulations they (American citizens) can not participate in such projects. However, after the recent negotiations with SEC, it seems like these rules and regulations may get watered down a bit in the future.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:07:10 PM

there is some sort of a ‘bouncer bot’, blocking U.S. citizens from participating in the discussion.

This is the first time I see this kind of thing.. can anyone explain what is all about?
Most ICO projects do not currently allow users from the United States to participate. For some legal reason. Therefore accounts from the United States will often be banned from joining the ICO telegram group. That is normal today

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:09:12 PM

Because nearly none of ICOs accept U.S. citizens to join their ICO. As you can see they are concerned about legal issues. The interesting thing they can still buy coins and tokens after ICO at the exchanges.
Lemer

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:14:44 PM

Because the us SEC is quite strict with ICO, this is the reason why most ICO projects restrict American citizens.
Many ICO bans American and Chinese citizens

anhzaibro

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:20:49 PM

The United States is quite strict when it comes to investment regulations. Only certified investors can participate in individual positions of securities. While some people call all ICO cryptocurrency as the token and not the stock, managers will have a very different opinion on the issue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: