Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:17:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to secure account on bitcointalkforum  (Read 251 times)
CLOCKWERK (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:04:08 AM

Hello here does anyone here how to secured more account in bitcointalkforum because in past fewdays the account my friend was hacked and his rank is jr member he don't know why is it his account was change pass does anyone here give me some information so that i can help my friend to recover his account
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3033

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:09:57 AM

Just use maybe one email account for Bitcointalk you do not use anywhere else!
Be sure to connect to the real Bitcointalk.org, there are a few fishing sites and if you log in there your account login details gets stolen!

CLOCKWERK (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:12:37 AM

Be sure to connect to the real Bitcointalk.org, there are a few fishing sites and if you log in there your account login details gets stolen!

Sir i am connected in real bitcointalk.org but it is safe i used brave browser. ?
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 08:15:52 AM
Merited by Vod (2)

Sir i am connected in real bitcointalk.org but it is safe i used brave browser. ?

Brave is relatively trusted... Usually, when your account gets hacked it's one of the following causes:
- re-use of your password
- falling for a phising link
- not changing your weak password after the breach a couple years ago
- a pc that's infected with mallware

If you have a strong, unique password on a clean pc, you're pretty safe.

As for your friend: did he ever posted a bitcoin address in one of his posts or private messages? If so, there is a "standardised" procedure you can follow to sign a very specific message and PM it to Theymos in order to restore your account. That being said, the admins are so overworked, it can take months before he gets his account back (if ever).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
CLOCKWERK (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:21:23 AM

Okay thankyou for the information about brave sir i really appreciated that. So sir what if he cannot remember the details of his account?
CLOCKWERK (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:35:47 AM

Brave is relatively trusted... Usually, when your account gets hacked it's one of the following causes:

As for your friend: did he ever posted a bitcoin address in one of his posts or private messages? If so, there is a "standardised" procedure you can follow to sign a very specific message and PM it to Theymos in order to restore your account. That being said, the admins are so overworked, it can take months before he gets his account back (if ever).

Sir theirs no other way  in bitcoinforum account to become's fully secured like to put 2fa or other security that hacker's cannot know your password ?
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 08:45:59 AM

Sir theirs no other way  in bitcoinforum account to become's fully secured like to put 2fa or other security that hacker's cannot know your password ?

I've seen this question pop up dozens of times. Personally, i don't think 2fa will be implemented on this forum. The reason why i don't think it'll ever be implemented is because a new forum software is being developed. If i'm not mistaking, this new forum software (epochtalk) will have a very big choice of 2fa mechanisms available. I personally think the admin won't put a lot of effort in the old script anymore.

That being said, the new forum software's release data is being pushed foreward for years now. Nobody knows when (and if) it'll ever be released. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
CLOCKWERK (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:54:07 AM

I've seen this question pop up dozens of times. Personally, i don't think 2fa will be implemented on this forum. The reason why i don't think it'll ever be implemented is because a new forum software is being developed. If i'm not mistaking, this new forum software (epochtalk) will have a very big choice of 2fa mechanisms available. I personally think the admin won't put a lot of effort in the old script anymore.

That being said, the new forum software's release data is being pushed foreward for years now. Nobody knows when (and if) it'll ever be released. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place Smiley

So sir you mean thier will be more features when the new software are updated ? So what will happen to the old script it will be vanish or not ? What will happen to our account it remains the same ?
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 09:02:24 AM

So sir you mean thier will be more features when the new software are updated ? So what will happen to the old script it will be vanish or not ? What will happen to our account it remains the same ?

I haven't looked at epochtalk's progress for a long, long time... But if i remember correctly, the plan was/is to convert all accounts and all posts, import them into the new script's database, then switch from the old bitcointalk to the new epochtalk. At this point, the old script will probably be decomissioned.
For the enduser, the whole process should be more or less transparent. Sure, the layout and menu's will look completely different, the feature set will be a lot larger, but all your posts and account info should remain the same.

I wouldn't worry about it to much tough, it's not like this switch will happen anytime soon. I just mentioned epochtalk because i believe that this new script is the reason not much development will happen to the old script...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:06:30 PM

Hello here does anyone here how to secured more account in bitcointalkforum because in past fewdays the account my friend was hacked and his rank is jr member he don't know why is it his account was change pass does anyone here give me some information so that i can help my friend to recover his account
Actually you only need to do simple things: You should always focus and pay attention to the forums you access. And you should be able to ensure that you access the forum with a secure device. It will actually make your account secure. Oh yes that changing the account password you have on a regular basis is a very good step. So, yourself who will determine whether the account you have is safe or not. What you do is the safe key What will you get.
kafnan

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:32:37 PM

First of all use Your original name. Try to use password so hard so that hacker can't find the way you used.
CLOCKWERK (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:47:42 PM

I haven't looked at epochtalk's progress for a long, long time... But if i remember correctly, the plan was/is to convert all accounts and all posts, import them into the new script's database, then switch from the old bitcointalk to the new epochtalk. At this point, the old script will probably be decomissioned.
For the enduser, the whole process should be more or less transparent. Sure, the layout and menu's will look completely different, the feature set will be a lot larger, but all your posts and account info should remain the same.

I wouldn't worry about it to much tough, it's not like this switch will happen anytime soon. I just mentioned epochtalk because i believe that this new script is the reason not much development will happen to the old script...

Wow do you know the exact date sir when will be launched ? Because if that happen we can assure that our account will be safe from hacking.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:05:53 PM

Wow do you know the exact date sir when will be launched ?
It had already launched in the beta but I guess the work to release it as an open source forum software is still in progress. You can get more information here : http://epochtalk.org/ and here: http://epochtalk.org/map.html Should you wish to follow the repo : https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk

There is no ETA when we would officially migrate from SMF to EPOCH-TALK considering all the new implementations are still done on this forum.
CLOCKWERK (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:16:39 AM

It had already launched in the beta but I guess the work to release it as an open source forum software is still in progress. You can get more information here : http://epochtalk.org/ and here: http://epochtalk.org/map.html Should you wish to follow the repo : https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk

There is no ETA when we would officially migrate from SMF to EPOCH-TALK considering all the new implementations are still done on this forum.

Thankyou for this sir. But sir can i ask what is the defference between epochtalk and bitcointalk what features where expecting when epochtalk launched ?
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:05:10 AM

I have two smartphones, I used the first one for general purposes only such as calling, texting, playing games and others except from crypto related stuffs (that's the one that I also used when I'm in public places). While on my other phone, that's where my social media, email, digital wallets and btctalk account are placed and I strictly used it only inside our house because chances of getting it robbed and hacked at the same are very high if I used it outside.

That's my way of making my accounts secured, I don't know if you can afford to have another smartphone but if you can then much better. I hope this helps a lot Smiley.   
CLOCKWERK (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:06:46 AM

I have two smartphones, I used the first one for general purposes only such as calling, texting, playing games and others except from crypto related stuffs (that's the one that I also used when I'm in public places). While on my other phone, that's where my social media, email, digital wallets and btctalk account are placed and I strictly used it only inside our house because chances of getting it robbed and hacked at the same are very high if I used it outside.

That's my way of making my accounts secured, I don't know if you can afford to have another smartphone but if you can then much better. I hope this helps a lot Smiley.   

Soo that's your idea on how to make a fully secured account's? Anyway thats a good idea. But it doesn't matter how many smartphone you have. 1 smartphone is good for me but i used defferent security to make my account secured and free of malware in terms of browser i used BRAVE BROWSER which is the best browser against hack and malware including blocking ads this is a good browser for that.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:17:07 AM

First of all use Your original name. Try to use password so hard so that hacker can't find the way you used.
Using Original name is not really necessary when it comes to security. It's okay if your identity is anonymous and any username will be just fine. Also, although how strong your password is, when you've become a victim of a phishing link, your password and your account will compromised.

~snip
I only used one smartphone for my personal used and accessing this Forum and I'm not having any trouble for now (and wishing never to have any trouble). The security of our accounts only depends on how we take care of them. If you're just too careful mostly when visiting unknown links then your account will be safe. I only used Google Chrome and never experienced such cases.

To OP, sometimes filling up forms from bounties or Airdrops contains phishing links. I'm just warning yah. If you want to be secured, then always take care of your account. Think before your click.

404 Not Found
CLOCKWERK (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:35:06 AM

To OP, sometimes filling up forms from bounties or Airdrops contains phishing links. I'm just warning yah. If you want to be secured, then always take care of your account. Think before your click.

Yes ! Probably that's true sir in terms of airdrop today have more on phishing link.

Putra_tunggal

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:50:23 AM

my suggestion to further add security in bitcointalk account we can also add additional security as we add secret question section Account Related Settings. so that later not easy people who have hacked our account can not replace the email if not know the answer from the secret question that we have ever made.
artamon

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:32:25 AM

All you can do is that use a strong password, do not click on suspicious links. Still , there is no guarantee that your account will be safe 100 %.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: