Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:25:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: which codebase should I fork?  (Read 139 times)
ElMinator (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:25:44 AM

Hi everybody! I want to fork a codebase of an existing blockchain and start a new chain and a new coin, but I don't know which codebase to choose. I started with the idea of forking XVG code, because I like private and public transactions but then since I want a PoS or a consensus or anyway not a PoW coin, and I’d prefer not to create a token (but is still an option), I don’t want to fork XVG codebase anymore and I’m now looking for some other codebase to fork.
So trimming down my few requisites are:
-no PoW
-support for fast transactions
-support for a lot of transactions per second 1000+
The point is having 100% of the coins premined and just distributed among some bots that will always trade them between each other for determined reasons.
I was thinking that for new block generation I have two options:
- each new block gives 100% of the new coins to one predetermined address and if it’s a PoS coin its splits the transaction fee between coin holders
- Each block doesn’t create any new coin but it contains only transaction fee
- the transaction fee will be a fixed a 10% on each transaction and not linked to the weight of the transaction data.
Ofc i need to modify the blockchain to make it work exactly as i want, but i want to start from something that doesn’t require me too much work
Any suggestion on which one should I use?
Thanks for your help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DriveDeal.io

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:10:59 AM

You should definitely look at EOS.io.
It was designed to support thousands of transactions per second and it uses a DPoS (Delegated Proof-of-Stake) algorithm.
BitcoinRM

Activity: 139

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 12:09:47 AM

Transaction fee of 10% fixed is a bit steep in this case. Don't you think so?  Grin
Muhammedayo

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:51:43 PM

Look into other private and fast transaction coins to fork .
EOS is a good suggestion as stated above.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: