Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:04:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: which codebase should I fork?  (Read 140 times)
ElMinator (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:25:44 AM

Hi everybody! I want to fork a codebase of an existing blockchain and start a new chain and a new coin, but I don't know which codebase to choose. I started with the idea of forking XVG code, because I like private and public transactions but then since I want a PoS or a consensus or anyway not a PoW coin, and I’d prefer not to create a token (but is still an option), I don’t want to fork XVG codebase anymore and I’m now looking for some other codebase to fork.
So trimming down my few requisites are:
-no PoW
-support for fast transactions
-support for a lot of transactions per second 1000+
The point is having 100% of the coins premined and just distributed among some bots that will always trade them between each other for determined reasons.
I was thinking that for new block generation I have two options:
- each new block gives 100% of the new coins to one predetermined address and if it’s a PoS coin its splits the transaction fee between coin holders
- Each block doesn’t create any new coin but it contains only transaction fee
- the transaction fee will be a fixed a 10% on each transaction and not linked to the weight of the transaction data.
Ofc i need to modify the blockchain to make it work exactly as i want, but i want to start from something that doesn’t require me too much work
Any suggestion on which one should I use?
Thanks for your help!

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DriveDeal.io

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:10:59 AM

You should definitely look at EOS.io.
It was designed to support thousands of transactions per second and it uses a DPoS (Delegated Proof-of-Stake) algorithm.
BitcoinRM

Activity: 139

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 12:09:47 AM

Transaction fee of 10% fixed is a bit steep in this case. Don't you think so?  Grin
Muhammedayo

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:51:43 PM

Look into other private and fast transaction coins to fork .
EOS is a good suggestion as stated above.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: