Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:18:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT ~~ PLUG & PLAY] CHEAPEST Gridseed DUAL MINER $225 [PAYPAL OR ESCROW]  (Read 10190 times)
atari02 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:48:55 AM

Whilst I understand why you would want to minimize electricity costs/maximise profit when Scrypt mining is marginal, however, at current levels scrypt mining is not marginal. The driving argument for which kit to buy should be greatest hash/$ NOT greatest hash/watt! (Unless you live in an amazingly expensive electricity region!)

I agree with your argument 100% , but are other circumstances where this trumps gpu miners.

1. When you max out your power at home. Instead to moving into and paying for a rented commercial property, you can put 24 sets of these on a 16amp line instead of 2 X 1200w gpu rigs.

2. When you live in a hot country like me and the heat causes stability problems in the gpu (and additional cooling costs).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BotwinBG

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:02:26 PM

Got the package

10 X Gridseed Miner
1 X Controller (no computer required to use the miner)
3 x 12V 30A DC industrial power supply (1 spare for no downtime!! 2 to power 10 miners)
1 x 10 Port ORICO usb hub (high quality for stability)
12 x 2.5mm DC power cables (2 spare cables)
10 x usb mini data cables
1 x 1A usb charger with usb micro cable (to power the controller)
1 x network cable
4 x Country power adaptor (AU, EU, US) to plug in 2 power supplies, usb hub and controller
Is what I was supposed to receive.

I did not get a 3rd PSU and I did not get the country power adapters. The 2 PSUs I got are wired for ,what I guess is Australian outlet. Unable to test till I buy adapters, but otherwise looks like a clean and fast shipment.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BotwinBG

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:34:08 PM

Ok, you need to post step by step , with pictures , of that damn Chinese contraption wiibox.
Done wasting time on it now, it seems to barely work. Going to try connecting it to a linux box instead. Not very plug and play so far.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:08:14 PM

Arrived very quickly. Fedex is about twice as fast as DHL from China. All miners arrived in good shape. Wiibox is not as bad as you might think. I like it better than the LightningASIC version.
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:26:35 PM

Got the package

10 X Gridseed Miner
1 X Controller (no computer required to use the miner)
3 x 12V 30A DC industrial power supply (1 spare for no downtime!! 2 to power 10 miners)
1 x 10 Port ORICO usb hub (high quality for stability)
12 x 2.5mm DC power cables (2 spare cables)
10 x usb mini data cables
1 x 1A usb charger with usb micro cable (to power the controller)
1 x network cable
4 x Country power adaptor (AU, EU, US) to plug in 2 power supplies, usb hub and controller
Is what I was supposed to receive.

I did not get a 3rd PSU and I did not get the country power adapters. The 2 PSUs I got are wired for ,what I guess is Australian outlet. Unable to test till I buy adapters, but otherwise looks like a clean and fast shipment.

The USA power adapters do not come with a ground connection (I think this is common for travel adapters). You may be better off cutting up local power plugs, that's what I did. I think the adapters will work fine but I prefer having a ground connection going to the PSUs.
BotwinBG

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:13:20 AM

Arrived very quickly. Fedex is about twice as fast as DHL from China. All miners arrived in good shape. Wiibox is not as bad as you might think. I like it better than the LightningASIC version.

Cept it does not seem to work and I am unable to see detailed stats. 监控中心 / Monitoring center says it all works - but nothing is reported at the pool. Sometimes powercycling does resolve the problem and they start to hash but sometimes they just go down. Not sure what is going here.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:33:58 AM

Cept it does not seem to work and I am unable to see detailed stats. 监控中心 / Monitoring center says it all works - but nothing is reported at the pool. Sometimes powercycling does resolve the problem and they start to hash but sometimes they just go down. Not sure what is going here.

Yeah, scratch my earlier comment. I have it running but it is difficult to see what exactly is running. Google translate stopped working after I ungraded the firmware to 2.0.2 and I cannot figure out how to overclock. Any ideas on overclocking with wiibox for non-Chinese readers?
atari02 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:51:14 AM

Yeah, scratch my earlier comment. I have it running but it is difficult to see what exactly is running. Google translate stopped working after I ungraded the firmware to 2.0.2 and I cannot figure out how to overclock. Any ideas on overclocking with wiibox for non-Chinese readers?

It is a little more technical but I can put a guide together for all to over clock. Should be easy for newbies. Just ssh into the controller, find the right text file and edit the speed there. PM me Pistachio and I can teach you quickly without the guide.

Cheers

Clucknutz

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:22:20 AM

Can I purchase a controller by itself or can anyone tell me if I can run my gridseed off my computer?
atari02 (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:51:52 PM

Can I purchase a controller by itself or can anyone tell me if I can run my gridseed off my computer?

I can sell you a controller for $75. But shipping will be around $40, depending on location. Better to run of controller than computer due to reset scripts being on the controller.

gamefixer

Activity: 440

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:04:44 PM

Its doable but you will only be able to mine scrypt and it will run at full power (BTC cores will be on) unless you run it on a Linux rig.

In Windows you need to run CPUminer and install the right driver for the grid. You also need to make sure that the grid is in a single digit COM port number.

There are lots of pointers within a few threads here.
evlew

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:56:09 AM

So i've seen 2 confirmed shipments received.

Has anyone else received an order that can post pictures?  Just want to cover my bases as I am putting in an order.
atari02 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:50:27 AM

Hi,

I have some controllers in next week. Pm me if you are interested.

atari02 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:43:34 PM

You can get 400kh now by doing a hardware mod

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519112.0

bigredbutton

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:23:42 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 09:05:48 AM by bigredbutton

I ordered a 10 pack a few weeks ago and you forgot my controller!!! They included the power cord for the controller but no controller! I have to use my gaming laptop to run my miners now. I'm pretty sad, not to mention the length of the power cords is only about 7 inchs.... 7 inchs. Definitely not what is pictured/advertised. Good thing the shelf I ordered for them has slots so I can slide the cords all around like some Chinese electric power grid. Please send me a controller ASAP. thank you.

edited* pissed to sad. Sad
gamefixer

Activity: 440

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:31:57 AM

I ordered a 10 pack a few weeks ago and you forgot my controller!!! They included the power cord for the controller but no controller! I have to use my gaming laptop to run my miners now. I'm pretty pissed. not to mention the length of the power cords is only about 7 inchs.... 7 inchs. Definitely not what is pictured/advertized. Please send me a controller ASAP. thank you.

You might be better off without the controller... Smiley The two I have tried suck stupid eggs. I just got a RasPi and plan on trying that but I'm not holding my breath.
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 08:52:17 AM

I ordered a 10 pack a few weeks ago and you forgot my controller!!! They included the power cord for the controller but no controller! I have to use my gaming laptop to run my miners now. I'm pretty pissed. not to mention the length of the power cords is only about 7 inchs.... 7 inchs. Definitely not what is pictured/advertized. Please send me a controller ASAP. thank you.

You might be better off without the controller... Smiley The two I have tried suck stupid eggs. I just got a RasPi and plan on trying that but I'm not holding my breath.

Hi
i have 18 running on a Ras Pi running cgminer 3.7.2 without any problems at all

bigredbutton

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:12:59 AM

Hi

How hard is it to set-up and compile Ras Pi and cgminer to run the gridseeds? Like starting from the ground up reading tutorials. Anyone happen to sell them compiled ready to plug'n'play?

Here is my current set-up.. For some reason two of the gridseed can't find any work on the wemineLTC pool.. Gonna give it a few hours to see if they eventually start up though.
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 09:44:53 AM

Hi

How hard is it to set-up and compile Ras Pi and cgminer to run the gridseeds? Like starting from the ground up reading tutorials. Anyone happen to sell them compiled ready to plug'n'play?

Here is my current set-up.. For some reason two of the gridseed can't find any work on the wemineLTC pool.. Gonna give it a few hours to see if they eventually start up though.

Hi
i can get you one setup ready to run if you want
where are you from ?

im in the UK
bigredbutton

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:04:16 AM

I would love one but is it worth it as far as shipping goes since I am in the US?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: