Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:28:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin prices falling!  (Read 6811 times)
gewure

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

[#][#][#]

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 01:11:48 AM

I can sell some inexpensives things that you only can buy on Argentine for someone that need something...

Warnig: we don't sell our beautifulls argentinian ladies Cheesy

and what could that be?!?

give some example, maybe you convince me and we make business Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cruikshank

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 02:01:55 AM

It's gone below 4 USD today and it's gown down at a steady pace. Does anyone else feel something's wrong and at this pace, BTC will lose all it's value by maybe next year?

It's going to be really difficult to break even with your initial investment in mining (GPU + other hardware + electricity).

Seems to actually be stabilizing pretty well considering all the exchange frauds and the speculation bubble a couple of months back. The fact that it is above parity to USD is a good sign.

1JvnFCbMXAyeooPggF9snLAeg3A2QVV8eh
bitleaker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 02:43:29 AM

I wouldn't call it stabilised yet. It still needs to drop to $2-$3 per BTC before things stabilise imho.
martychubbs

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 03:15:18 AM

What is your reasons for picking $2-3?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
bitleaker

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 04:28:07 AM

BTC's were slowly rising from $1-$2/$3 before the artificially induced bubble. My belief is that $2-$3 is the true value of BTC's at this time.
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 04:37:02 AM

BTC's were slowly rising from $1-$2/$3 before the artificially induced bubble. My belief is that $2-$3 is the true value of BTC's at this time.

What is your evidence that the bubble was artificially induced?
bitleaker

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 05:10:58 AM

I was there?

The bubble was mainly due to media hype - national and global media reporting about silkroad etc. However, this is just my opinion Wink
BitterTea

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 05:19:59 AM

I was there?

The bubble was mainly due to media hype - national and global media reporting about silkroad etc. However, this is just my opinion Wink

Ok, it sounded like you were implying that it was willfully artificially induced, not just natural hype surrounding a new technology.
bitleaker

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 05:24:28 AM

Ok, it sounded like you were implying that it was willfully artificially induced, not just natural hype surrounding a new technology.
Ah right, sorry about that Wink

Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply that there was a conspiracy. The bubble was just hype mixed with greed.
hmongotaku

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 06:26:01 PM

The sky is falling the pools are drying up! time to move on IRL?

Yahkin

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 03:26:01 AM

The problem is that I don't see any new mainstream adoption occurring.  What increase in demand exists to drive their price up?  We have an increasing supply, but a stagnant demand.  Economics 101 says the price will keep falling without something changing.
BitterTea

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 03:34:19 AM

The problem is that I don't see any new mainstream adoption occurring.  What increase in demand exists to drive their price up?  We have an increasing supply, but a stagnant demand.  Economics 101 says the price will keep falling without something changing.

Have you heard, a few people are unhappy with the banking oligarchy! A few others are unhappy with the very concept of central, institutionalized fractional reserve banking.

I think a few of them might like Bitcoin. Give it time.
Swishercutter

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 03:53:40 AM

I was there?

It was up to $9 before the silk road article.  The crash from $30 was caused by a combination of the Allinvain BS and Mt.Gox hack.
Gerken

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 12:53:11 PM

I was there?

It was up to $9 before the silk road article.  The crash from $30 was caused by a combination of the Allinvain BS and Mt.Gox hack.

Get real, it's been 4+ months now, and you are still blaming the falling prices on it?  There just isn't enough demand, and the libertarian faction have helped scare off normal people.  Now what's left?  An exchange which is getting more flaky by the day, a few merchants that sell the same things as everyone except for an additional markup, and a bunch of scammers all tryin to scam each other.  I call 1.50-2 by December. 

Swishercutter

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 03:22:12 PM

I was there?

Get real, it's been 4+ months now, and you are still blaming the falling prices on it?  There just isn't enough demand, and the libertarian faction have helped scare off normal people.  Now what's left?  An exchange which is getting more flaky by the day, a few merchants that sell the same things as everyone except for an additional markup, and a bunch of scammers all tryin to scam each other.  I call 1.50-2 by December. 

No...those incidents started the trend...there have been many other incidents/selloffs/FUD to aid in the decline, not to mention very clear market manipulation (I assume multiple entities, I do not believe in a single manipulator).  I don't really care either way...if BTC value was $1 it would still be more useful than a dollar in some ways.  If Bitcoin failed today I would be out no money, I mine and have already cleared my costs.

Just people like you being here to spread FUD further proves my point.  There is a disproportionate amount of fear and misinformation being spread by people in this forum who have no interest in anything except seeing BTC fail.  If it has no value it will fail on its own without your help.   
gewure

[#][#][#]

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 04:04:56 PM

anyone with knowledge of chartanalysis will tell you: the current price is VERY likely to be a bottom. Look at stock-charts. it is really nothing incommon to drop in worth for 4 months. this is in fact very normal. the intra-day movements are what is really interesting:

again: BUY now

(i think i don't have to mark the strong bullish outbreaks, you can see them yourself i guess; but just in case: it are the long green candles just after the deepest bottom price: signalling that there is strong bullish-buyer resistance at this price.)
gewure

[#][#][#]

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 04:18:24 PM

i really can suggest this trading blog with a lot of very good charts:

http://www.bitcoinbullbear.com/index.html

i don't read there premium tradingletter, thought..
iamapi

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 07:34:04 AM

3-4$ is just fine to buy and hold them. remeber: there is a maximum of 21 million. what does that mean?! even if we just have 10 million users of BTC, that means there is on average only 2 BTCs, which means i am now (with my laughable 26BTC) 13x as rich as the future-average user.

--> worth WILL go up. as it did before.
the only risk that this will not happen is simply YOU ALL 'selffullfilling-prophency'-shortselling BTC to death.
So just don't panic.

Worldeconomy and traditional fiat-currencies have much bigger troubles now. i REALLY consider BTC a much secure (!!) investment than e.g. currencies like dollar or euro (they show a high volatiliy and inflation currently, but nobody ever thought of counting that into there bitcoin calculations?!)

example: $ is about 1/5 of the worth is was when george bush senior entered government! THINK of this! this is the normality! inflation hits you hard in $!!

.. my enthusiastic thoughts.

18459SEouNz2LuoZWLAKnrjKfBvNUcYjCu

Another risk is people won't use bitcoin
mtgoxCharlie

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 09:47:57 AM

prices went up today from 3.9 to 4.1!  It may sound small but its good difference for some people.  You just never know when its going to fall or go up, pretty much an gambling except we have control over it. 
blue.mitzi

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 09:58:01 AM

People will use it, once a huge mulch-national like eBay or Skype gets behind it watch out. it won't be Google prices but I can see $5-$10 average being the baseline
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: