Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:31:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt coin are bleeding badly  (Read 1627 times)
Twaterino

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 07:21:06 AM

I find it strange too that our beloved alt coins are still bleeding while bitcoin is in a uptrend, but I'm very skeptical about historical comparison too.

The worst thing about all this like someone mentioned before in this thread, investors are waiting for the ETF SEC decision and I'm sure that decision has been made already and so their friends have time to buy BTC before this news comes out. But it could also be just the market speculating on this matter.

Why do we still live in a world where the future of Bitcoin is in the hands of the SEC?!
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:23:27 AM

All of that has the right time, as of now most of altcoin's are still bleeding while bitcoin is going good so far, I think after few weeks all altcoins will recover again, some investors of altcoins in the past month have switch to BTC again because BTC is on bad deep and its a perfect time for them to earn if they invested on BTC I think its one of the reason why altcoins are still on deep.

Sallymunchy

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:27:28 AM

well is good for BTC rising now .. probably we need to wait and patients about ALT coin increase ..
once BTC stabilize , ALT coin will slowly increase.
a31078

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:30:59 AM

With a long period of loss, people are desperate to have a profit. And it seems like people are selling of their alts to ride on the bitcoin bull. But with less amount of new investment coming, we would not be able to achieve a huge growth.
Yes, I also agree with your suggestion because I also believe people are selling their altcoin and buying more bitcoin and this affects the price of altcoin because the supply is now higher than the demand but with patience, I believe altcoin will also rise before the end of the year when the market recover from the bear.
Davidbike1

Activity: 135
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:38:19 AM

Oh thank God, I am feeling stress relieved now looks like some of the altcoins are starting to make a come back.  The sell off was getting ridiculously oversold comparing to the recent previous price ratios.  Absolutely right about needing more investor money because there was probably not much negative news for most of them and I am starting to presume that a lot of people do not have any cash in accounts so they are selling altcoins for bitcoin.  I guess people were waiting for that Bitcoin push to the $8000 level.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:39:40 AM

What could be the cause of the bleeding? Are we expecting altcoins to rise soon?
we have no specific reason pal why it's bleeding badly as now and why it didn't show even a small progress unlike bitcoin. But don't worry just hold tight because maybe it's late reaction .whilerein perhaps after days or week it will make a move forward like other alts that growing as well like along with bitcoin.  So just keep holding .
FreddySelvig

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:44:40 AM

Recently since Bitcoin are up trends but all most all alt coin are bleeding badly. Really it wasn't expected Angry. On previous record we can see if Bitcoin bump tham alt was bump more. I don't know the exact reason for that. I guess alt are waiting for Bitcoin ETF ( Excahnge Traded Fund) for SEC approval. We expect midle of next month we can see the result. Till that alt coin holder should be pataine. At least Bitcoin on bulls run that is good sign for alt holder. Once a time alt will bump too.

Yes, now the market is exactly the same situation as in the fall. That's why it's very important to store 50% of your money in Bitcoin. Maybe Bitcoin really will cost $ 50,000 before the end of the year, but just no one will have it, because everyone will stay with cheap altcoins Cheesy
Davidbike1

Activity: 135
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:47:26 AM

I find it strange too that our beloved alt coins are still bleeding while bitcoin is in a uptrend, but I'm very skeptical about historical comparison too.

The worst thing about all this like someone mentioned before in this thread, investors are waiting for the ETF SEC decision and I'm sure that decision has been made already and so their friends have time to buy BTC before this news comes out. But it could also be just the market speculating on this matter.

Why do we still live in a world where the future of Bitcoin is in the hands of the SEC?!

It would be the best thing ever for the SEC to approve the ETF to allow the institutional investors. I heard those institutional investors have up to $24 trillion dollars (from one of Mr Kristof youtube videos) that could potential be invested in cryptocurrency in the future and that was before I heard blackrock's 6.3 trillion (from one of Crypto Jebb youtube videos) total networth.  That is enough to nearly 100 fold the entire market cap.  I heard the proposed ETF possibly 1 share = 25 Bitcoins!
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:48:30 AM

Recently since Bitcoin are up trends but all most all alt coin are bleeding badly. Really it wasn't expected Angry. On previous record we can see if Bitcoin bump tham alt was bump more. I don't know the exact reason for that. I guess alt are waiting for Bitcoin ETF ( Excahnge Traded Fund) for SEC approval. We expect midle of next month we can see the result. Till that alt coin holder should be pataine. At least Bitcoin on bulls run that is good sign for alt holder. Once a time alt will bump too.

Right there because many investors now are pulling their capitals from altcoins and betting this all in to bitcoin

With 46.7% in market capitalization means how rampant this capitalist making decisions converting from altcoins to bitcoin.

And lets pray that ETF now will become successful for our benefits as this has been denied for years
lihongjing

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:53:48 AM

Now people sell altcoins and buy bitcoin, so altcoins are losing blood, but this is not fatal, because after the price of bitcoin rises, all altcoins will get blood again from this huge rise, we are now need patient waiting.
deep4u

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:55:32 AM

Actually they are not  bleeding its called profit booking and its normal thing into market and they will start recovering slowly since bitcoin is now stable and there huge new money coming in markets.
SavageBrother

Activity: 129
Merit: 8

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:56:15 AM

Alt coins, beside some of the bigger coins, are always bleeding when bitcoin itself is making a run. This shouldn't be a surprise, since this has been happening since forever.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Huruharacorp

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:10:38 AM

Yes, now the market is exactly the same situation as in the fall. That's why it's very important to store 50% of your money in Bitcoin. Maybe Bitcoin really will cost $ 50,000 before the end of the year, but just no one will have it, because everyone will stay with cheap altcoins Cheesy
for the bitcoin price you say it does not seem to happen this year, because the price is too high and very far difference from the current price. and you rights, how expensive bitcoin prices later still many investors who still will choose altcoin instead of having to buy bitcoin
CryptoVal13

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:11:53 AM

I believe that not many alts will survive till the end of the year, seems like we need to stay focus on same top 10 as before.

http://DOMINIUM.me
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
dsdsdndn
Copper Member

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 08:16:19 AM

I hope it will green soon,
usually after BTC green, the altcoin will follow the BTC
if not, just leave the trade and come back in the end of 2018, and we can take profits Grin
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 08:16:23 AM

I sold almost everything and waiting proper time to rebuy all my portfolio again) This is a little bit risky but IMHO we can still fall a 20-30% for a short period of time.

julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:18:48 AM

What could be the cause of the bleeding? Are we expecting altcoins to rise soon?
we have no specific reason pal why it's bleeding badly as now and why it didn't show even a small progress unlike bitcoin. But don't worry just hold tight because maybe it's late reaction .whilerein perhaps after days or week it will make a move forward like other alts that growing as well like along with bitcoin.  So just keep holding .

In my opinion, I think some Investors trying to dumped their altcoins to have an Investment In bitcoin because they think that nowadays bitcoin started to bull run on Its market and they want to get Involved of that. Thats why most of the altcoins now dropped Its price because of that action.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:22:33 AM

It is not really a surprise. This has happened before, people will dump their altcoins to ride the pump of bitcoin. Wait for bitcoin to be stable at a certain price before you can see a rise in altcoins.
Donationcoin

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:15:04 PM

I am thinking it is because many people are converting there alternative coins into growing Bitcoin, so then they contribute into increasing of price of Bitcoin, and also in decreasing the alternatives.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:19:55 PM

When bitcoin goes up, altcoin goes down for few days and then they go up. It's not a new thing and most likely expected outcome after a long bull run. Exact reason is money moving from altcoins to bitcoin in some stance but that's no the only reason. It'll change though.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████