Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:04:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long will this bull run be?  (Read 529 times)
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:45:23 PM

It seems likely that this recent third bottom of 2018 was the final bottoming out. Don't think price is gonna start going crazy or anything now, though it might go crazy until the ETF verdict, but generally I think we're right at the start of a new bull market.

The last bull market lasted about 2.5 years from mid-2015 to end of 2017. How long do you think this one will be?

I could see it lasting until late 2019 or maybe even late 2020 past the next halving. I think we'll see or get close to $100k on the peak of the next bull run in less than 30 months. I think institutional investors and traditional retail investors (like through ETFs) will drive this bull run, with of course another round of serious FOMO from the public eventually just like late last year.

Now is the time to get in if you're smart money, whether hodling or trading.

I dont think we reached bottom of this Bitcoin cycle yet and this bitcoin run should end close to 10th August. So more then two weeks. bitcoin can grow quite a bit until then.
I think that most of the investors believe that bitcoin price will continue increasing its value and will continue to becoming popular for a long time because still majority of people do not have any idea about bitcoin and it will therefor take a lot of time when bitcoin will become so much popular that all the people of the world start using bitcoin .
fourokavas

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:47:38 PM

Well this is not a "bullrun", this might be seen as a "bulltrap" or just a steady increase, just a normal and healthy increase like it happens to every market, do not confuse those things

Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:55:45 PM

It will not go crazy before ETFs confirm the truth, because everyone is waiting for this many others talking about ETF decisions then I think it would be nice to get a positive score, a small bull yield in a price that tends to rise Slowly but surely, I hope the market will rise in the future future, and allowing good decisions will make the market better.

shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:05:39 PM

It will not go crazy before ETFs confirm the truth, because everyone is waiting for this many others talking about ETF decisions then I think it would be nice to get a positive score, a small bull yield in a price that tends to rise Slowly but surely, I hope the market will rise in the future future, and allowing good decisions will make the market better.

ETF confirmation give the bitcoin price tobe pump up now we can see a positive news for bitcoin it will continue to rise up in my prediction, just waiting to break a $10000 so we can see a mega bull run to reach its all time high, now the  investor are believing to bitcoin potential this is great.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:08:27 PM

Well this is not a "bullrun", this might be seen as a "bulltrap" or just a steady increase, just a normal and healthy increase like it happens to every market, do not confuse those things
It's impossible to point out at this stage. If the price keeps increasing it can be seen as a bull run, maybe not one like last year, but a bull run doesn't necessarily mean it has to pump the price to insanely high levels.

I don't think this is a bull trap. It's pretty clear that people are focusing on the ETF and even sell their altcoins as a result, which explains why they have been performing poorly.

Whatever it turns out to be, make sure that you don't stay in too long hoping for something with a low overall probability of happening. Technically the longer term downtrend is still thriving. $8200 is only a bump.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
thecodebear (OP)

Activity: 2156
Merit: 825

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:28:30 PM

I'd say a few weeks.  I am comparing to the last large up tick of the 2013/14 rally.  History does like to repeat it's self. IMO 3 year bear market incoming.

3 years is pushing it a bit, but I tend to agree. I'm still open to a situation like summer 2013, but conventional trading wisdom says "don't plan on it." More importantly, I'm seeing extremely bullish sentiment: Twitter, Tradingview, this forum, all these hedge fund managers and commentators predicting new ATH or 6-figure prices. And always "by the end of the year" too!

When everyone's long, the market usually drops. Wink

I've taken half off my long, and rolling up stops. We should be hitting a supply zone:

I think this is a mid-term bull trap. We've got a solid base, and the repeated attempts to break range to the downside were summarily denied. Now we've run stops above the $6,800 level, giving us a nice squeeze today. $7,500 is another logical stopping point due to the the breakdown in June.

I believe we should trend upwards for a while. There should, however, be major resistance near the $8,400 long term mode. I plan to sell into that area and reassess.

3 years is certainly pushing it haha, heck in 3 years we'll probably be at the start of the next bear market after the next boom.

To be clear I'm not saying we're gonna have another exponential boom now, I'm saying right now we're at like where the market was mid-2015. The bottom has been hit several times for a good amount of time and the bears just can't bring it any lower, and now sentiment is shifting and people are starting to get excited again. It certainly could head back down for one more turn at the 6000s in the early Fall but we might also find ourselves at $10k by early Fall.

The last bear/bull market was extremely slow following the collapse of Mt.Gox and how long it took to get people back into the market after that. Heck I was one of them, sold all my 2013/2014 bitcoin in 2015 when I thought this whole Bitcoin thing was at the end of its productive run. Then last April I realized how stupid I was haha. The market and the whole crypto ecosystem has advanced so far beyond the last bear market when people just left thinking the whole thing was over. Bitcoin is still constantly in the news now, people who pay attention can easily be reminded of it and will start getting interested in it again when it starts growing again, which looks to possibly be starting now.

We've had 6+ months of down and in total it might be 18 months from the last ATH until it is broken. That's a pretty full on legit bear market, and I think a year of growth in the beginnings of a new bear market before we see $20k and things start heating up say late next year makes pretty good sense.

Anyway, even if we do get a downward draft again in the coming months, it's clear $6000 is the bottom and the start of the next bull run is getting closer and closer and will certainly have started by the end of this year, if it hasn't started already. 2019 is undeniably going to be a bull year and if it is a slow bull year then 2020 will probably see exponential growth like 2017, 2013, 2011.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:38:54 PM

I'd say a few weeks.  I am comparing to the last large up tick of the 2013/14 rally.  History does like to repeat it's self. IMO 3 year bear market incoming.

3 years is pushing it a bit, but I tend to agree. I'm still open to a situation like summer 2013, but conventional trading wisdom says "don't plan on it." More importantly, I'm seeing extremely bullish sentiment: Twitter, Tradingview, this forum, all these hedge fund managers and commentators predicting new ATH or 6-figure prices. And always "by the end of the year" too!

When everyone's long, the market usually drops. Wink

I've taken half off my long, and rolling up stops. We should be hitting a supply zone:

I think this is a mid-term bull trap. We've got a solid base, and the repeated attempts to break range to the downside were summarily denied. Now we've run stops above the $6,800 level, giving us a nice squeeze today. $7,500 is another logical stopping point due to the the breakdown in June.

I believe we should trend upwards for a while. There should, however, be major resistance near the $8,400 long term mode. I plan to sell into that area and reassess.

3 years is certainly pushing it haha, heck in 3 years we'll probably be at the start of the next bear market after the next boom.

To be clear I'm not saying we're gonna have another exponential boom now, I'm saying right now we're at like where the market was mid-2015. The bottom has been hit several times for a good amount of time and the bears just can't bring it any lower, and now sentiment is shifting and people are starting to get excited again. It certainly could head back down for one more turn at the 6000s in the early Fall but we might also find ourselves at $10k by early Fall.

The last bear/bull market was extremely slow following the collapse of Mt.Gox and how long it took to get people back into the market after that. Heck I was one of them, sold all my 2013/2014 bitcoin in 2015 when I thought this whole Bitcoin thing was at the end of its productive run. Then last April I realized how stupid I was haha. The market and the whole crypto ecosystem has advanced so far beyond the last bear market when people just left thinking the whole thing was over. Bitcoin is still constantly in the news now, people who pay attention can easily be reminded of it and will start getting interested in it again when it starts growing again, which looks to possibly be starting now.

We've had 6+ months of down and in total it might be 18 months from the last ATH until it is broken. That's a pretty full on legit bear market, and I think a year of growth in the beginnings of a new bear market before we see $20k and things start heating up say late next year makes pretty good sense.

Anyway, even if we do get a downward draft again in the coming months, it's clear $6000 is the bottom and the start of the next bull run is getting closer and closer and will certainly have started by the end of this year, if it hasn't started already. 2019 is undeniably going to be a bull year and if it is a slow bull year then 2020 will probably see exponential growth like 2017, 2013, 2011.

Well to be honest, I don't really understand why people think there are only 2 options, crash or another bull run to ATH. We could just trade between 6k and 20k for a long time. There is no reason to think that we will break the ATH or the low right now, the range is really big.

Also predictions longer than a few days are pretty much meaningless and made up, there aren't good enough indicators to show or predict what's going to happen in a month let alone years.
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:13:42 AM

It seems likely that this recent third bottom of 2018 was the final bottoming out. Don't think price is gonna start going crazy or anything now, though it might go crazy until the ETF verdict, but generally I think we're right at the start of a new bull market.

The last bull market lasted about 2.5 years from mid-2015 to end of 2017. How long do you think this one will be?

I could see it lasting until late 2019 or maybe even late 2020 past the next halving. I think we'll see or get close to $100k on the peak of the next bull run in less than 30 months. I think institutional investors and traditional retail investors (like through ETFs) will drive this bull run, with of course another round of serious FOMO from the public eventually just like late last year.

Now is the time to get in if you're smart money, whether hodling or trading.
Things are going to be crazy for the next weeks but I think your diagnosis is wrong you are talking as if the bull market lasted for years but that is not true, the bull market began at the end of 2016 and only exploded until the final 3 months of 2017 everything before that was still part of the bear market caused by the Mt Gox crash.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:42:35 AM

This is not just a normal spike, all of the indicators are positive including Divergence, MACD over EXP, CCI etc. The volume is just normal though. The indicators alone may drive the spike a bit more but I don't think it will last and it will stay below 10k. There have been quite a bit of positve news and Bitcoin has captured quite a bit of market cap recently to stand over 46% right now.

If this trend holds, we may see a nice spike towards the end of this year.

In some point thats right,but remember that corrections will follow every good pump so expect something bad sooner as we are heading to $10,000

But regarding to OPs position that this is the start of bullrun i dont think so,theres a lot of road to take before bull finally come,if were looking in the market movements,it seems like just a normal pump and the bear is only hanging around the place
TheGreatPython

Activity: 2562
Merit: 329

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:11:42 AM

I think it looks like it will go on for couple more weeks at least. I wasn't sure when it first went up to 7k levels however now that its around 8k levels its more likely to stay around here for a while before it goes either back down to 6k levels once again or it will go up a lot more than this like 12k levels or so. I think we have broken that psychological levels of will bitcoin die or whatever people were thinking. We are not "will it go even more" levels of feeling in people.

Rapidgator

Activity: 509

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:49:39 PM

Its very difficult or impossible to tell where a bull run will end.

Last year I assumed Bitcoin wouldn't top $10K and sold a bunch at like $9500 and it went to almost $20000.

Back in May, same situation, people assumed it would break $10K, and it would break $20K, and it went to like $9900 and went back down to a new yearly low.

You can use indicators but they are all lagging and you will get out way too late.

Best way is to just sell a little here and a little there whenever it goes up to a new daily high every few days.

But I assume that you are still on a very good profit, just move further Smiley

I agree with what you're saying, right now it's too hard to be a day-trader but that just my opinion. Better to look into longer market swings Smiley
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:29:16 AM

I'm saying right now we're at like where the market was mid-2015. The bottom has been hit several times for a good amount of time and the bears just can't bring it any lower, and now sentiment is shifting and people are starting to get excited again. It certainly could head back down for one more turn at the 6000s in the early Fall but we might also find ourselves at $10k by early Fall.

We could be in mid 2015 or at not even beginning. If it will go to $6k again will go lower and that will be bottom. If that will happen it will happen really soon.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:10:49 AM

I'm saying right now we're at like where the market was mid-2015. The bottom has been hit several times for a good amount of time and the bears just can't bring it any lower, and now sentiment is shifting and people are starting to get excited again. It certainly could head back down for one more turn at the 6000s in the early Fall but we might also find ourselves at $10k by early Fall.

We could be in mid 2015 or at not even beginning. If it will go to $6k again will go lower and that will be bottom. If that will happen it will happen really soon.

not nessasarily!
people were saying the exact say thing about the previous 2 drops too. basically they were saying that if we go back to $6k again then it will drop more and go to something like $3k and each time price went to $6k and started a strong rebound.
and this time this trend looks more like a strong reversal than just a small recovery.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
XinXan

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:07:43 PM

not nessasarily!
people were saying the exact say thing about the previous 2 drops too. basically they were saying that if we go back to $6k again then it will drop more and go to something like $3k and each time price went to $6k and started a strong rebound.
and this time this trend looks more like a strong reversal than just a small recovery.

Not really, this bounce was mostly fud driven, etf's and all that. February 6th bounce looked much stronger with 3x volume and we only bounced up to 12k before going down again and eventually reaching lower lows. I agree that short term  the bounce looks fairly strong but I'm not sure we are even going to reach 10k this time.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:38:23 PM

I think no one can answer that question precisely unless he can see in future which no one can, i see positivity coming back to market so i assume that bulls will continue and the last part of this year will be super bullish.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:24:29 PM

not nessasarily!

Not really, this bounce was mostly fud driven, etf's and all that. February 6th bounce looked much stronger with 3x volume and we only bounced up to 12k before going down again and eventually reaching lower lows. I agree that short term  the bounce looks fairly strong but I'm not sure we are even going to reach 10k this time.

I agree. And I think this bounce will soon end and then we will go to finish this Bitcoins cycle bear trend and find the bottom of it.  After that 2015 sideways will come that I will enjoy way more this time as I did in 2015, because I will be sure this time that after that finish the Bull trend will start.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:36:11 PM

I think no one can answer that question precisely unless he can see in future which no one can, i see positivity coming back to market so i assume that bulls will continue and the last part of this year will be super bullish.

What positivity are you looking for? It all depends on the trend. If we're in a bearish trend then no good news will be able to reverse it. In the same way that applies to a bullish tinted trend. Bitcoin becoming more secure with the day is bullish for me, but no one seem to care about that. Lightning Network becoming more secure and larger as a whole is bullish for me, but no one seem to care about that. ETF's aren't necessarily good news for Bitcoin, but people love it because the price increases and they add fuel to the fire. There is only one form of good news in this space, and that's an increasing price. Everything else doesn't matter....
XinXan

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:48:15 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2018, 09:53:15 PM by XinXan

not nessasarily!

Not really, this bounce was mostly fud driven, etf's and all that. February 6th bounce looked much stronger with 3x volume and we only bounced up to 12k before going down again and eventually reaching lower lows. I agree that short term  the bounce looks fairly strong but I'm not sure we are even going to reach 10k this time.

That I don't know, making those kind of predictions is just stupid. No way to know right now if we are going up and down to hit the bottom. So far Bitcoin looks strong. We might touch 10k but it's going to be a tough challenge. Obviously if we manage to break 10k and see some follow through that would be huge. Pretty much setting the rest of the year for bitcoin to be bullish. However not being able to break 10k again would also mean a very likely big crash to follow.
I agree. And I think this bounce will soon end and then we will go to finish this Bitcoins cycle bear trend and find the bottom of it.  After that 2015 sideways will come that I will enjoy way more this time as I did in 2015, because I will be sure this time that after that finish the Bull trend will start.
stephen_fortune

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:18:14 PM

Its very difficult or impossible to tell where a bull run will end.

Last year I assumed Bitcoin wouldn't top $10K and sold a bunch at like $9500 and it went to almost $20000.

Back in May, same situation, people assumed it would break $10K, and it would break $20K, and it went to like $9900 and went back down to a new yearly low.

You can use indicators but they are all lagging and you will get out way too late.

Best way is to just sell a little here and a little there whenever it goes up to a new daily high every few days.

But I assume that you are still on a very good profit, just move further Smiley

I agree with what you're saying, right now it's too hard to be a day-trader but that just my opinion. Better to look into longer market swings Smiley

Yeah I agree too. Day trading is just impossible footwork with bitcoin. These kinds of positions demand patience.

I wouldn't say all indicators are lagging. Momentum divergence can predict shifts, or double crossovers of a 3 period moving indicator shifted 3 ahead after a big thrust. Or fib levels.

But I would say that stronger market forces can drive bitcoin and sometimes it defies all indicators. So it requires some pretty fierce dexterity to keep a position. Or just clear profit targets.
Rapidgator

Activity: 509

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:39:22 PM

Exactly, short answer but really good points here.
Just think that - if somebody know when the bull run will start and when the of that will be than he probably would be a millionare and won't be here to answer for your question. I think the best answer is: The bull run will be as long as ppl greed will be in the market Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: