Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:55:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tokens or Coins  (Read 209 times)
Letwinetz (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:48:36 AM

Hello, I want to join the crypto world and invest some money in it, but I really do not know much about it, my question would be: should I invest some money in a crypto coin or in a token ? I hear my friends talking about them but did not understand very well which is which. Thank you !
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Joshuabtx

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:03:38 AM

Hi, before saying I want to advise you not make a big investment from the first place if you are new to this world. Now, the coins are already digital currencies that are available on the markets and they do not have a fixed price (yet) so they fluctuate a lot, also you can buy them from many places; Tokens are not available on markets from the start and you can only buy them from the people that made the token and the ICO itself, after a while the token could be released on the markets and its price would start to go up&down. I think you should read a little bit about them on the web, you can find pretty much everything there.
outsider25

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:49:37 AM

If you want to invest, you have to invest in crypto. Never invest in tokens, as there are now so many unsuccessful ICO projects.
Letwinetz (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:42:07 AM

Thank you guys, I did a bit of research and I think I should buy some coins for the moment, some ethereum maybe but also heard that you can make big profits if you find a good ICO to invest in.
jujurloe

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 12:03:49 PM

Coin have own blockhain but token with eth address. Long term invest coin is better than token but need more and more informations about it
Jane Moore

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:37:02 PM

Tokens, you always can exchange them on coins. 
CuapCuap

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:36:13 PM

Hello, I want to join the crypto world and invest some money in it, but I really do not know much about it, my question would be: should I invest some money in a crypto coin or in a token ? I hear my friends talking about them but did not understand very well which is which. Thank you !

it's better to invest your money in coins, because it's clear the market and obviously the demand. Your job is to research the good coins and the low price. Currently the ethereum is pretty good and the price is low, if you want to invest coin, you can choose coher ethereum for starters. Ethereum is good enough for investment.
prashantlp

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:48:18 PM

First of all welvome to the world of cryptocurrency.
Well as far as I know tokens are issued as ICO, which are based on ethereum erc20 tokens, while coins have it's own blockchain and are already digitized currency which are available in most of the crypto exchanges. And fas as I preference is concerned, I always like to invest in crypto's rather than tokens.
Attahyaku2

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:09:53 PM

we can excharge coins with tokens.
so I choose tokens.  Cool
Brama Jasa

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:49:00 AM

if you want to enter crypto then the first thing you do is study crypto currency, the direct action of investing in crypto is a wrong step. if you do not know crypto currency and lasngu invest just the same you kill yourself. difference coin and tokens you do not know yet. should first learn do not directly invest
Letwinetz (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:11:09 AM

Thank you all, I decided to research a little more first then I will buy some ethereum or maybe another coin, I do not want to risk losing money investing in a wrong token
trymebabies

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:38:06 AM

We do job to earn token why not when you earn token you can always transfer it into coin then think about it when and where you can invest it to the ICO.
Letwinetz (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:50:40 AM

We do job to earn token why not when you earn token you can always transfer it into coin then think about it when and where you can invest it to the ICO.

Sorry but I did not quite understand what you mean, could you be more specific, please?
ephelants360 Official

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:20:40 AM

Hi, just some well meant advise.

1. Always do your own research
2. Do not invest more than you can, or are willing to lose, worst case scenario you lose everything
3. Look for a project you believe in, that has value, rather than making a quick buck
4. The value of any coin or project will eventually come from implementation and utilization of the product, not from short-term investors/traders looking to cash out quick
nipunjay123

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:24:04 AM

I think its better to do a market research before invest to coin or token
Letwinetz (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:26:53 AM

Ok, thank you guys, I will take in consideration all of the above
eup

Activity: 105
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:48:06 AM

As a newbie, I suggest that you don't rush to invest in cryptocurrencies. You can learn a lot of trading skills from Youtube and invest again, which is very good for you!
Suleimani obrek

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:32:03 AM

Coin
Sonny1995

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:05:57 AM

I prefer a thousand times the coins that tokens because some do not succeed
ICOpulse

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:35:29 AM

As Vitalik wrote " Vitalik Buterin knows a thing or two about how to launch a cryptocurrency. At 23, the co-founder of Ethereum is widely considered to be an expert in the field, having written about the subject extensively before diving in and developing his own platform. However, Buterin is realistic about the prospects of the vast majority of initial coin offerings. Speaking at the ETHWaterloo hackathon earlier this month, he stated it should be an established fact in the cryptocurrency industry that most token startups will fail. Buterin estimates at least 90 percent are doomed."

Smiley So i think only invest in top10 crypto or realy good tokens  ( good ICO )
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: