Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:22:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between myetherwallet.com en etherscan.io  (Read 161 times)
renedotone (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:02:10 PM

Hi,

I have got a question. On Etherscan I can see my altcoins ODEM & NOBS, but I can't see them on Myetherwallet. Does anyone know why there is a difference, or am i missing something?

Thanks for your help already!

mensha

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:51:33 PM

Yes, this can be happened. By default most of the tokens are not showing in MEW and need to manually add. To show tokens in your MyEtherWallet, you need to load the particular token in to the MyEtherWallet by providing contract address and Decimal number of the token.
Mei1418

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:56:01 PM

actually nothing is missing, etherscan has the ability to read all ERC20 based coin as well as myetherwallet, but on MEW you have to add new altcoin description like contract addres, decimal etc. the difference is that MEW can do anything like sending coins, while etherscan can only see, such as transaction results and a list of other activities from your wallet, thank you
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 06:08:49 PM

Myetherwallet is your wallet and Etherscan.io is the site which is able to scan your Myetherwallet(MEW) to determine the entire storage of your wallet. All you need to do is click "add Custom token" right side and then fill up the "Token Contract Address, Token Symbol, Decimals of token" and then save manually. That's it, you may now view the token in your wallet, or much better just watch the tutorial video on youtube.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:10:26 PM

Hi,

I have got a question. On Etherscan I can see my altcoins ODEM & NOBS, but I can't see them on Myetherwallet. Does anyone know why there is a difference, or am i missing something?

Those are two different things. One works as a wallet and the other helps you look and track wallet addresses, tokens, prices, transactions and other casual stuffs.
In myetherwallet, you will have to custom add your coin. Have you tried adding it manually?

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
mohitsharma67

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:15:37 PM

Etherscan is useful for see transaction history, token tickers and token price but myetherwallet is useful for add token and sending token and receive token. You need to add token by contract address and symbol.
santino11

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:19:50 PM

Hi,

Etherscan can see every ERC20 token inside that address and the transaction made even the balance.

while in MYETHERWALLET

you need to add first the token address and other stuff to see it. though
this one has an address a wallet where you can store and send tokens.
renedotone (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:29:23 PM

Thank you all for your help! May Satoshi bless you!
zatteis

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:32:59 PM

Myetherwallet is, as it's said in the name, is the wallet where you can have all your tokens, not only the existing cryptocurrency but also all the coins which support the ERC20 format, basically, every coin of Initial Coin Offering projects can be held there. Etherscan is used to track all your transactions
Crypto_circuit

Activity: 420
Merit: 7

WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSY

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:51:16 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2018, 11:49:29 PM by Crypto_circuit

This question confuse many newbie alot and i want to take a little time to throw more light on this topic. As understanding the difference between these two may help you secure your wallet and enable you know when to use one against another.

What Is Myetherwallet ?
This is a user friendly interface that allows you store, receive, and send ethereum token and all standard ERC20 token on the ethereum blockchain.

You need the Un-disclosable private key to get access to Myetherwallet to be able to carry out any of the features(transaction) above. And for all ERC20 token it requires you to manually add those token using the token Contract address, ticker and decimal.

What Is Etherscan ?

Etherscan is like a mirror to ethereum blockchain. It mirrors all the stores token on an ether wallet, it shows transaction history of sent and received token, and available token(Standard ERC20 Token) on your wallet.

It is used to look up your wallet for transaction history. You can say its more like an ethereum search engine (Google search the web), (Etherscan for Ethereum blockchain). To be able to view your transaction history all you need is to input your wallet Public Key. Viola! you can view all your assets and transaction history.

The Difference

Myetherwallet is used to carry out transaction(send and receive) while etherscan is used to search and view all transaction on the ethereum blockchain using your Public key.

You can check out my other thread on How To Stay Safer With Your Private Key and Secure Your Crypto Assets https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4514832.msg40647747#msg40647747

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
didzi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:57:21 PM

Hi,

you should add custom token first on myetherwallet, so, you can see your token in your MEW list
https://coinsutra.com/add-custom-token-myetherwallet
etherscan.io is an explorer that will show you everything wich mean ethereum and ethereum tokens in your ethereum address

SafeCamel95

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:36:20 PM

It’s simple, Etherscan can read all ERC20 coins and also the muetherwallet. But on MEW you need to custom the token and fill up the contact address, decimal etc and then save manually. This is it.
Shirin16

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:55:26 PM

Hi,

Hi Friends,
Try to add your coin in your wallet.. you can doin it in the bottom right tab. there are showing the coloumn. you must put the contract address, decimal and syombol from your coin.

cryptohobbs7

Activity: 391

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:32:50 PM

their differences is clears shows in the names one is a wallet which mean it store the coins and the other one is online site  which store the transaction history so I think is quiet easy for the users to modify the difference between these two things
listoncrypto

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:35:05 PM

those who have experience on this field I think it is very easy for them to identify the difference,  methyerwallet.com is a wallet what kept the coin of the users and on the other hand etherscan. Io is a online site which store the transaction history,  this both are clearly very important for the crypto investors
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 02:15:33 PM

Hi,

Nothing is missing, all you have to do is input the contract address of the tokens to myetherwallet and the tokens will appear
Don't be scared.
Goodluck.
litolapis1

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:19:02 PM

Hi,

It is normal. Sometimes it happen also in other coins. All you just need to  do is to add or load from the custom token in MyetherWallet website. Add and input their contract address, decimal and their symbol and saving from it. Goodluck hope it helps.
_crypto_moon_

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:17:01 PM

Almost all the tokens that were sent after the ICO are not displayed in the myetherwallet purse and you need to add them manually. Go into your wallet and add the tokens, indicating the address of the contract and the name of the token.
ClaytonLWils

Activity: 123

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:29:57 AM

My view is there are two different things. One workings as a wallet and the other help you look and path wallet addresses, tokens, prices, dealings and other casual stuffs. In myether wallet, you will contain to custom add your coin. you can tried adding up it yourself.

◆ Dove | P-To-P Internet Sharing Network  (http://dove.network/)
Internet for anyone
kumar jabodah

Activity: 532
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:13:34 AM

Hi,

If you see your balance in Etherscan and without it in your Mew or Myetherwallet you should do put the add tokens.

Just put the
Contract Address
Symbol Token
and how many decimals.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: