Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:20:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USB Block erupters with lots of hardware errors  (Read 833 times)
Legendario (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:30:27 AM

I have a Raspberry Pi running bfgminer with an Orico USB hub and 10 USB block erupters attached to it. The problem is that actually only 3 of them work well. The others show lots of hardware errors.

I have tried testing the erupters individually and switching them to see if there was a problem on them or on the hub ports themselves. But they appear to be ok. I'm clueless about what can probably be causing this behavior.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks in advance.
nomnomnom

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:44:36 AM

Maybe not enough power on the usb hub, try with only 5 or so and see if it gets better.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:23:20 AM

Maybe not enough power on the usb hub, try with only 5 or so and see if it gets better.

Most likely a power supply issue.  Each block erupter needs ~550 mA.  If you have 10 + pi, you are going to need almost 6 amps - which is huge for a USB outlet. 
Markitzero123

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:24:48 AM

I am thinking of the same thing because just recently the OEM power adapter for my USB Hub started not to produce the amps needed and in turn only 3 of my Block Eruptor were working and the forth were tring to mine but the green LED stayed on. I had to find another power adapter which I did from a OLD Linksys Wireless B Access point which was 5V 2.5Amp which could support 5 BEs and they are happy and mining at full speed and no errors
ganabb

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:54:09 AM

I have a Raspberry Pi running bfgminer with an Orico USB hub and 10 USB block erupters attached to it. The problem is that actually only 3 of them work well. The others show lots of hardware errors.

I have tried testing the erupters individually and switching them to see if there was a problem on them or on the hub ports themselves. But they appear to be ok. I'm clueless about what can probably be causing this behavior.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks in advance.

your brand , model and watts of psu?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: