Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:45:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USB Block erupters with lots of hardware errors  (Read 833 times)
Legendario (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:30:27 AM

I have a Raspberry Pi running bfgminer with an Orico USB hub and 10 USB block erupters attached to it. The problem is that actually only 3 of them work well. The others show lots of hardware errors.

I have tried testing the erupters individually and switching them to see if there was a problem on them or on the hub ports themselves. But they appear to be ok. I'm clueless about what can probably be causing this behavior.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks in advance.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nomnomnom

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:44:36 AM

Maybe not enough power on the usb hub, try with only 5 or so and see if it gets better.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:23:20 AM

Maybe not enough power on the usb hub, try with only 5 or so and see if it gets better.

Most likely a power supply issue.  Each block erupter needs ~550 mA.  If you have 10 + pi, you are going to need almost 6 amps - which is huge for a USB outlet. 
Markitzero123

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:24:48 AM

I am thinking of the same thing because just recently the OEM power adapter for my USB Hub started not to produce the amps needed and in turn only 3 of my Block Eruptor were working and the forth were tring to mine but the green LED stayed on. I had to find another power adapter which I did from a OLD Linksys Wireless B Access point which was 5V 2.5Amp which could support 5 BEs and they are happy and mining at full speed and no errors
ganabb

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:54:09 AM

I have a Raspberry Pi running bfgminer with an Orico USB hub and 10 USB block erupters attached to it. The problem is that actually only 3 of them work well. The others show lots of hardware errors.

I have tried testing the erupters individually and switching them to see if there was a problem on them or on the hub ports themselves. But they appear to be ok. I'm clueless about what can probably be causing this behavior.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks in advance.

your brand , model and watts of psu?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: