Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:13:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to do this?  (Read 1133 times)
DeMoloR (OP)

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 02:53:33 PM

Dear forum participants, I think it's time to introduce restrictions on the ICO. The reason for my proposal was a huge number of fraudulent projects that are hiding with investors' finances, don't pay bounties compensation when the desired amount is reached, etc. I propose to create a verification system that will become an intermediary between the investor and the ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rules85

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:55:18 PM

I think this may require more countries to adopt laws to restrict these ICO.
Because many ICO projects are just hype, I don't think they are worth investing in.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
celakkenyang

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 02:56:05 PM

I a gree with you. I see many ico projects are scam and not qualified. when it restricts ico projects that make investors losers and bounty participants waste time to participate in the bounty.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 02:57:51 PM

Dear forum participants, I think it's time to introduce restrictions on the ICO. The reason for my proposal was a huge number of fraudulent projects that are hiding with investors' finances, don't pay bounties compensation when the desired amount is reached, etc. I propose to create a verification system that will become an intermediary between the investor and the ICO.

This is a nice proposal but that will go against the doctrine of decentralization of the blockchain technology, however a decentralized verification mechanism would be highly appreciated.

HOMT

Powered by,
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:06:15 PM

i think there should be bounty smart contract or bounty distribution function in ico smart contract or something like that, this way icos can't cheat anyone, smart contract will payout automatically to bounty participants. people also should really start using platform like wings.
DeMoloR (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 03:06:54 PM

This is a nice proposal but that will go against the doctrine of decentralization of the blockchain technology, however a decentralized verification mechanism would be highly appreciated.

is it possible to read this doctrine? could you pass on the information from which you are leaning?
DeMoloR (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 03:08:55 PM

i think there should be bounty smart contract or bounty distribution function in ico smart contract or something like that, this way icos can't cheat anyone, smart contract will payout automatically to bounty participants. people also should really start using platform like wings.

You are right, but I do not think that anyone will go, as well as my proposal. ICO projects it will not be profitable.
andrebai

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 03:13:05 PM

Nobody will do that at least in next few  years. Its very hard to do and even then how you will  force people to follow the rules
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:48:58 PM

I think having a regulation to ICOs and any investment related to crypto is also a good idea so we could try to lessen those frauds and scams for our new investors in the future.
a4illusionist

Activity: 365
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:51:36 PM

Well something needs to be done to the ICOs. They are hitting the crypto industry very badly and creating a bad image of the crypto world. It is one thing that can sink the crypto ship. So instead of waiting for the governments to do something, i think this forum can introduce some kind of system to verify the ICO and some kind of security.

_____VIMee_____
The VIMee Social Platform
kingdomofhearts

Activity: 120

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:11:54 PM

This is EXACTLY and precisely what the whole cryptocurrency needs. Or maybe specifically just ICO's. There are so much fraud going on especially when it comes to airdrops and all those people who want nothing but to get rich instantly on the expense of others
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:24:10 PM

I believe that you need to carefully study each project in which you are going to participate. If you entrust the verification process of each ICO project to public or private structures, then it will break the very idea of ​​crypto currencies, which is total decentralization.
mrhood

Activity: 190

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:07:50 PM

I consider that it is possible but you could be careful about this decision, check everything for few times, analyze each detail and get advice from more experienced people.
rightway00372018

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:15:53 PM

I consider that it is possible but you could be careful about this decision, check everything for few times, analyze each detail and get advice from more experienced people.

The purpose is good as we need to have a clear and valid explanation of our unpaid efforts and investment but i don't think if they will follow the rules considering that theres no proper regulation set for crypto.
PG13

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:18:39 PM

Yeah I understand your disappointment with the current system. I think your opinion is possible but the problem is who will do the verification? Who will take the funding of this verification team? It's difficult to combat scammers without a financial support to implement the rules.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:32:45 PM

This is good idea. But I don't sure that such a control will be realized somewhen. First of all, restrictions to introduce verification is unproofable of ICO aims.
In my opinion, it is better to compile a billof recommendations for potential ICO investors. And then this bill should be posted, at least, on our forum as attached topic.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:32:52 PM

How about the Ethereum platform doing some kind of control or regulation as to what tokens are allowed to run on their blockchain?
No way this can happen any time soon. At least, that's what Vitalik says and I personally understand his motivation.
But if the ETH platform won't regulate the ICOs that use their blockchain, I don't see any other party doing that.
So it's entirely up to every one of us to vet carefully and promote only solid projects.

Nexjr14

Activity: 216

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:57:39 PM

I a gree with you. I see many ico projects are scam and not qualified. when it restricts ico projects that make investors losers and bounty participants waste time to participate in the bounty.

Hi guys, I'm sorry because I do not agree with you, that many ICO and bounty program scams. I think not all bounty program scams, I've been researching one of the bounty programs, and also I've been a participant. I hope you are willing to research bounty program from Cryptassist. And then you can also learn from his website https://www.cryptassist.io/
kennylinkqr

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:05:11 PM

I think the setting a third party to identify which ICO is good that is not suitable in the blockchain platform. Blockchain platform is based on decentralised management which creates a direct connection between 2 users.
Then, you should only learn how to identify the best ICO to put your money.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:07:33 PM

Yeah I understand your disappointment with the current system. I think your opinion is possible but the problem is who will do the verification? Who will take the funding of this verification team? It's difficult to combat scammers without a financial support to implement the rules.

That is true that in a decentralized era of cryptocurrency getting someone to fund a verification team for future projects is very hard and what we can only do is to evaluate this project ourselves. If someone can do a crowdfunding to do a verification system for ICOs and make it a standard that would be wonderful but there are too many loop hole's that needs to be fixed such as the people that will manage it and the people that will fund it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: