Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:08:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to do this?  (Read 1137 times)
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:10:27 PM

Dear forum participants, I think it's time to introduce restrictions on the ICO. The reason for my proposal was a huge number of fraudulent projects that are hiding with investors' finances, don't pay bounties compensation when the desired amount is reached, etc. I propose to create a verification system that will become an intermediary between the investor and the ICO.

You can weed out the majority of scam by ICOs just by doing a small amount of research.  Verify that their team is real and make sure they didn't plagiarize their whitepaper.  I don't think it needs to be regulated because the less government intervention the better.  The responsibility relies on yourself, not some outside regulatory body.
steckie

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:24:41 PM

And this is why i think CPOLLO will gonna be big!   Grin Grin

Main purpose of CPOLLO will be, that they will create a saver place for investors in ICO's
ico's created with the cpollo platform have to meet certain critics before they get funded from investors.
they will get funded by a escrow account set up by cpollo

Take a look at there:
telegram: https://t.me/cpollo
Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4759910

Info from the cpollo website:

ICO’S PERSPECTIVE:

Cpollo will be a decentralized project built on the Ethereum Blockchain, that will enable people to create and host their own startup right on our platform. The hiring of new team members can be done right from our community and platform users. All new projects will be using only their pre allocated funds set for hiring new team members and any marketing or promotion for their ICO. The funds for any expenses will come from an escrow account set up by Cpollo, funded by would be investors.

Community / Inverstors:

The community surrounding a project is it’s greatest asset. We will reflect this by giving investors more control of their own funding towards any project hosted on the Cpollo platform. All investments will be placed in an escrow account, only being released to the project after satisfactory progress has been made, or verified expenses need to be met. An investor also has the option to pull his or her funds back from escrow at any time if they feel the need to do so. If ever a project is deemed unfit to be hosted any longer on Cpollo’s platform, we will dismiss that project and release all would be investors’ funds back to them.

delarossa

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

MINTER

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 01:37:36 PM

The plan you imagine makes sense. I also agree with that. It is true that ICOs are getting more and more but most of them are fraud. But until now has not found a powerful way to limit the ICO coming. Because each project team has its own rodmap as it is written there.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:41:04 PM

Dear forum participants, I think it's time to introduce restrictions on the ICO. The reason for my proposal was a huge number of fraudulent projects that are hiding with investors' finances, don't pay bounties compensation when the desired amount is reached, etc. I propose to create a verification system that will become an intermediary between the investor and the ICO.

We know that there are so many scam projects , saying an promising   platforms to get money from investors. This is wonderful proposal that will helps to reduce a scam ICO projects. Is it possible, but who will do this kind of idea?

frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:43:56 PM

I highly doubt that ICO's will end up like that because the new projects will be out there every other minute and guess what you have no control over it or no public decisions can stop them. Its free environment and kind of open source where you can code whatever you want, publish it and get money for it. You know very well we live in decentralised model where people come up with different usage of blockchain technology and thus gives us wings to spread anywhere. Well, ICO projects are similar to any IPO that we see in the stocks etc and thus its no different than real world only the difference is its in the virtual medium and people are gonna try out them for earning money.
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:43:56 PM

I think this will be possible for the sake of good member here in bitcoin and hopefully your proposal will grant soon because this proposal will benefit more honest member as well as the ICO's too.

ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:58:45 PM

This is not possible for current scenario because lot of comes in day by day and few projects are scam in market. So we only protect ourself and ICO investment is really risky investment so many experts only choose this investment. But many beginners are blindly invest on ICO it is waste of money. I suggest to invest on Bitcoin or altcoin because it is reduce the risk factor.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
Marioboro

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 03:35:43 PM

I think this is possible but not feasible. Some ICOs maybe scams but not all. And investing in them is your prerogative and still it is you who decide to invest or not. In bounties however, you are not investing in anything but is rendering your services in the hopes of getting a reward later on. Even in normal companies not related in crypto, investing in a business or idea does not guaranty you of a nice profit. Most of the time, they would end in losses or closing the business altogether. This risk is inherent to any business out there.
CryptoVal13

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 03:36:36 PM

Crypto is not that regulated to make the restrictions, I don't think it will work like this. It is a wild market.

http://DOMINIUM.me
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:32:37 PM

That was already addressed internationally. Are you familiar with ESCROW? If you don't wanted to be a victim of scam ICOs, try to check this out.

An escrow is a legal concept where a financial instrument or an asset is held by a third party on behalf of two other parties that are in the process of completing a transaction. In other words, when you use an escrow, a third party acts as a guarantor. The funds or assets are held by an escrow agent. This party controls the whole process and makes sure the commitments are fulfilled. Therefore, nobody can use money on their own without the agreement from other participants.

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/explained/escrow-explained

Try to browse google to be familiarize how this ESCROW works. I am sure that it will be beneficial to you someday if you decided to invest to an ICO  Wink
bellamente

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 04:40:29 PM

There are companies that accept investors' funds and stage-by-stage transfer them to project organizers when they carry out tasks specified in the roadmap

I think this is right and less dangerous for investors

GriTBitS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:45:46 PM

I think this is possible but not feasible. Some ICOs maybe scams but not all. And investing in them is your prerogative and still it is you who decide to invest or not. In bounties however, you are not investing in anything but is rendering your services in the hopes of getting a reward later on. Even in normal companies not related in crypto, investing in a business or idea does not guaranty you of a nice profit. Most of the time, they would end in losses or closing the business altogether. This risk is inherent to any business out there.
Each investor decides where he should invest, many are interested in ICO because of the possibility of greater profits, but you need to carefully choose the project. If you have the necessary knowledge, your chances of getting on scammers are reduced many times.

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

berezov_petro

Activity: 140

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:48:00 PM

The idea is really interesting and promising. Now in the market kyrpto really there are a lot of scammers who steal our money. I think you need to think carefully and write in detail how the project will work.

comforteagle23

Activity: 218

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:32:42 PM

There is a similar system. It involves sending all the data by the ICO creators to the aggregators on which they want to publish.
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 01:39:34 AM

As of the time like this, there are many ico that is launching and we cant choose and do verification on each one of them, and it is a major problem if many investors falls for the scam ico project. I agree with your plan, it is good and can we recommend to do verification to the ico project before they launch in this forum to ensure that this forum is a scam free.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
loragean03

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:54:59 AM

I also want this to implement in our forum, to filtered which is real , or to remove the money making projects. It is very hard to predict which one is legit and which one is not. By the help of this proposal, more investors can really enjoy the true meaning of investment, not just investors but including bounty hunters and the real ico projects too, you can participate, invest with no worries.
cherryscarlett

Activity: 238

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:14:03 AM

I think it's hard to do that because I can't tell if this project is a fraud.
Most of the time we have to judge for ourselves, because there is still no standard to judge fraudulent projects.

twtr2
Copper Member

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

It impossible because cryptocurrency should be decentalized. But your idea suppose that somebody will regulate crypto.

Soberb

Activity: 276
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:46:33 AM

Imposing restrictions mean barring new ICOs? If this is, it is impossible to bar new ICOs entirely in a bid to eliminate frauds. But what thing will discourage scams is regulation. The regulators should tighten the screw on new ICOs by setting criteria so as to minimize frauds. And if regulations are in place, most of frauds related to new ICOs will be eliminated itself. 

BITWINGS - Guaranteed worth $0.20
Minephone - First smartphone that produces up to 2 ETH/month (http://minephone.bitwings.org)
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:59:44 AM

And what will be the verification system?

They do this ICO's for getting funds. That means they do not have enough money.
Well theycould increase their Pre-ICO amount and maybe that could idle for a month while doing the verification.
Perhaps a good amount that could suffice all the expenses for it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: