Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin in Southeast Asia be legal?  (Read 4543 times)
tonyosa

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 10:40:27 AM

A lot of countries are actively working out how best to handle the cryptocurrency fast growing adoption, those that are currently silent on the issue either do not see it as something bad( which is true) or are looking for ways to best harness its usefulness.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cipherb

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:41:55 AM

Yes its possible in southeast Asia because bitcoin already make a big impact on world wide and most of countries planing to regulate it according to their policy and law. because bitcoin is digital virtual currency and peoples are using it on their cell phone and doing trading also its a fastest way to send money worldwide rather than banks. i think its late but possible is regulate in Southeast Asia.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:42:57 AM

Because to my knowledge there are several countries in southeast asia that have not legalized bitcoin. And what is our endeavor for bitcoin in southeast asia to be legal like any other country (which has legalized bitcoin).
Will the impact be positive or negative?
Some countries like Thailand do fine bitcoin, but I see data that most countries in southeast asia have not yet made a decision. They all still have not said whether Bitcoin is illegal or legal. But if you look at the population in Southeast Asia this area has a tremendous impact that could have an effect on the development of cryptoccurrencies globally. A very large population will certainly be able to change the state of Cryptocurrencies significantly.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:43:11 AM

If we talk about the overall condition of bitcoin in the Southeast Asia then it is hard to tell if all countries in that region will legalize bitcoin. But that does not matter anymore since there several countries in that part of the world that is positive towards bitcoin such as South Korea, Japan, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore and others. But maybe it is just a matter of time before the rest of Asia will consider to accept and legalize bitcoins in their area.
tonyosa

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 10:43:45 AM

Because to my knowledge there are several countries in southeast asia that have not legalized bitcoin. And what is our endeavor for bitcoin in southeast asia to be legal like any other country (which has legalized bitcoin).

The rule of thumb is, if the country has capital controls it won't legalise crypto, because bitcoin can be used to get round capital controls.

Very true, as most pressure to ban cryptocurrencies are usually initiated by the central or reserve bank of such countries.If it is a threat to their control function, they ask the government to ban it.
Luigieee

Activity: 148
Merit: 4

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 10:53:45 AM

Yes i think it was because here in my country which is the Philippines our banks was looking to use this bitcoin,and also many banks here was looking to for the use of blockchain,so i think our government was setting us here to be free in using of crypto`s at all.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:54:26 AM

So far not all country in southeast asia bitcoin treated as legal but because of new technologies some people understand the bitcoin as currency they continue to use bitcoin using internet connection in the help of computerized transactions using bitcoin into another country's.

Surely i believe southeast asia country adopt bitcoin as legal tender currency tto help of people supporting in bitcoin.

pltgksl

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 10:59:36 AM

I think that this change will hurt anyone who can not compete or resist. Anyone who uses a mind will have to keep up with it and think that it should work with the power to improve it.
Dswaggers

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:07:38 AM

The rule of thumb is, if the country has capital controls it won't legalise crypto, because bitcoin can be used to get round capital controls.

It is not impossible that bitcoin will be legalized in Southeast Asia soon because some country now in Southeast  Asia starting adopt the technology of bitcoin using internet in terms of payment or in other transaction inside or outside of thier respective country.Although there are some country in asia ban bitcoin but I believe soon they will know and understand how bitcoin can help thier community using bitcoin technology.
prettymargaux

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 04:30:19 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 04:43:09 PM by prettymargaux

I guess SouthEast Asia is gearing there pretty soon and fast. I'm very positive that bitcoin's legalization in that region is fast approaching, especially now that its security issues, which is a big hindrance to its legalization, are given significance now and are somehow being addressed. As a matter of fact, the competition of creating a highly secured and so-called 'unhackable' (as to how its makers described it) storage of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is now becoming huge and stiff. Another thing is the global power is shifting toward SouthEast Asia now, and to ensure its sure-fire grip on it and to keep up with the pace of global modernization, it has to embrace financial modernization too, of which bitcoin is offering. Thus, SouthEast Asia can simply never avert bitcoin's legalization.
andy_gpu

Activity: 93

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:31:35 PM

In my opinion, the fact that in the Asian countries did not legalize bitcoin, very bad. But there are better and more significant news that will block this sad news. Perhaps once there and legalize bitcoin, but when it is difficult to say.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:59:45 AM

It may be not legalized, they don't allowed using bitcoin as a payment. But using it as trading currency is allowed i think.
There are some cryptocurrency exchange in south east asia operating with a good daily volume of cryptocurrency.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:33:45 AM

Bitcoin and Blockchain technology are very popular here but Bitcoin isn't accepted here now. But there are more and more organizations want bitcoin to be accepted so i think bitcoin will be legal in southeast asia in a near fututre.
karagun125

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 03:41:05 AM

I think yes, because bitcoin is popular days by days because of so many people participating in this bitcoin trading, marketing, and also ICO project campaigns, by this bitcoin would be recognise in all asia and be legal in the near future.
bananaohnana

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:45:03 AM

I think bitcoin in Southeast Asia will be diminished, on the grounds that with the presence of bitcoin can expand business and salary of the subjects. indeed, even with an extensive stretch of time, yet most likely bitcoin will be legitimate
victoryana

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:45:31 AM

Virtual money is not the only concern of hedge funds and venture capital investors but is also used to solve financial problems in Southeast Asia. In Myanmar, local startup companies have raised $ 10.5 million by calling through ico
Hiru941126

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:56:39 AM

All that is needed to take advantage of digital currencies is access to a smartphone — which is already extremely common in Southeast Asia. I hope there will be changes soon in this region and public will be given access.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:01:34 AM

I live here in the Philippines (which is part of SEA region) and I'm proud to say that dealing with cryptos are allowed here. Yeah! I know that it is not yet completely legalize here but this still means a good sign for us because I don't see our government stands a strong opposition against blockchain technology Smiley. Knowing this fact, it really feels good and I'm looking forward on what good things could happen next.
irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:16:55 AM

interest in southeast asia is immense about crypto.
I do not think it's legal or not, but how about growth and acceptance of crypto in every country, because I know a lot of countries that reject crypto there.
Daday23

Activity: 153

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:35:08 AM

I hope so because in my country bitcoin is not yet legal and not familiar in many people.Lets waite and see what will happen to bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: