Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:05:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [INSTOCK in California] Selling Gridseed Asics. Ship from California. [$235]  (Read 48993 times)
CSM00

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:15:59 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 06:39:33 AM by CSM00

If I buy a stand alone single unit or two, is there anything else I will be needing?  

Does a standard USB port/wall adapter power these?

It can only do SHA-256 with the controller?  or is that going to be fixed soon so that units without the controller can do SHA-256 as well?

RIGHT NOW, they will only mine scrypt without the controller but they power up all cores and run at full power (again, without the controller). Std USB port will work but its got to be a single digit port (CPUMiner does not support double digit port numbers). A wall adapter would work but it needs to be 5AMPs or greater PER miner until they figure out how to turn off the BTC cores. You can probably run these things off of solar power with the BTC cores turned off! LOL!  Cheesy

They will however mine scrypt @ ~9w if run them on a linux machine with the gridseed cpuminer -- https://github.com/gridseed/usb-miner/tree/master/software/cpuminer

I had mine sitting on a table next to a GPU rig, got frustrated the setup on controller didnt work right for me, plugged the USB hub into the GPU rig, downloaded/compile cpminer, seems to work fine, stable so far around 300kh/unit.

I had one running off a single PS and put my KillaWatt on it and it showed 9.0 - 9.1w while mining scrypt and finding blocks.

I probably did something stupid/wrong on my the controller setup, will report back when / if I get it working.

With more of these out in the field and the code on github, I'd expect that someone will put together some decent, clean control software.  If you read some threads from other people selling, there are various issues with the speed, stability, and even malware with some of what people are getting.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evlew

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:05:08 AM

Can they be powered by a standard ATX PSU using a 12v lead?
Zoomhash (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:12:59 AM

If I buy a stand alone single unit or two, is there anything else I will be needing?  

It can only do SHA-256 with the controller?  or is that going to be fixed soon so that units without the controller can do SHA-256 as well?

RIGHT NOW, they will only mine scrypt without the controller but they power up all cores and run at full power (again, without the controller). Std USB port will work but its got to be a single digit port (CPUMiner does not support double digit port numbers). A wall adapter would work but it needs to be 5AMPs or greater PER miner until they figure out how to turn off the BTC cores. You can probably run these things off of solar power with the BTC cores turned off! LOL!  Cheesy

They will however mine scrypt @ ~9w if run them on a linux machine with the gridseed cpuminer -- https://github.com/gridseed/usb-miner/tree/master/software/cpuminer

I had mine sitting on a table next to a GPU rig, got frustrated the setup on controller didnt work right for me, plugged the USB hub into the GPU rig, downloaded/compile cpminer, seems to work fine, stable so far around 300kh/unit.

I had one running off a single PS and put my KillaWatt on it and it showed 9.0 - 9.1w while mining scrypt and finding blocks.

I probably did something stupid/wrong on my the controller setup, will report back when / if I get it working.

With more of these out in the field and the code on github, I'd expect that someone will put together some decent, clean control software.  If you read some threads from other people selling, there are various issues with the speed, stability, and even malware with some of what people are getting.

I will post the latest controller image when I receive it. Sorry for your troubles Sad
CSM00

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:24:58 AM

I will post the latest controller image when I receive it. Sorry for your troubles Sad

No worries, I understand these are fresh off the line 1st gen miners - I didnt expect them to be plug-and-play.  Even if I had the controller working, the software it's running is some hackish scripts and PHP firing off multiple instances of minerd, which is what Im doing in linux.  

The good news is that the units themselves seem solid and extremely well packaged and Im not seeing freezing / having to reset that Im reading about in the other threads.
Andareed

Activity: 84
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:50:22 AM

Can they be powered by a standard ATX PSU using a 12v lead?

If you run them in LTC-only mode, easily, and that's what I'm planning to do (plus removing the fans). If you run them in BTC-mode or dual-mode, you could do it if you have a beefy enough power supply (particularly enough current on the 12V rail). I would only run one miner per 12V wire. You would want to use the GPU/CPU plugs; they have 4 12V wires each.

BTC: 1K54i8Fsu7e7WPu1pQJV6tDa65qXahnHMH
LTC: LMfJ2eqsJofTaNtD1dLRZBuKju9qYgwxZj
Andareed

Activity: 84
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:52:12 AM

Zoomhash, will you be selling individual units again? Looks like all the batches are sold out and you can only buy 10 or 20 packs.

BTC: 1K54i8Fsu7e7WPu1pQJV6tDa65qXahnHMH
LTC: LMfJ2eqsJofTaNtD1dLRZBuKju9qYgwxZj
gamefixer

Activity: 440

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:56:13 AM

Now were talking! I've got a Ubuntu rig that I'm not using right now so this is perfect. Does cpuminer in linux have the same hangups with the double digit COM ports as the windows version? Do you still need to open a single instance PER miner?

I'm totally trying this today!
gamefixer

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:10:34 PM

I must be completely stupid because I can NEVER figure out how to download files from this website. All I see are links that open up as web based text files and on and on...

I can see a little further down where one can download a particular binary but what about the rest of the files? Do I have to download them one at a time?
gamefixer

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:13:50 PM

And furthermore. I wonder whats different about CPUminer in Linux that makes the Grids power down the BTC cores. I'd much rather stick to Windows mining if at all possible.
Zoomhash (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:48:36 PM

Zoomhash, will you be selling individual units again? Looks like all the batches are sold out and you can only buy 10 or 20 packs.

Individual sales will be on sale again. I have 19 left and 200 coming in on Monday 200 coming in on Tues. Smiley.
CSM00

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:22:44 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 06:05:40 PM by CSM00

I must be completely stupid because I can NEVER figure out how to download files from this website. All I see are links that open up as web based text files and on and on...

I can see a little further down where one can download a particular binary but what about the rest of the files? Do I have to download them one at a time?

For the linux source, use git and clone it to you Ubuntu machine:

Code:
sudo apt-get install git gcc make automake autoconf libcurl4-openssl-dev libjansson-dev
git clone https://github.com/gridseed/usb-miner/
cd usb-miner/software/cpuminer
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

That will get you the minerd executable.  Still have to run an instance per gridseed unit.   Instead of a comm port #, you address them with the /dev entry.

On Ubuntu 13.04, they showed up as /dev/ttyACM0, /dev/ttyACM1,....etc
copyfile

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:35:28 PM

Thanks CSM00! I will try this when my miners arrive next week! Can you maybe tell me how to run two miners on linux, what are the correct command lines? And where can i find what the address is of every miner connected?
gamefixer

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:16:39 PM

For the linux source, use git and clone it to you Ubuntu machine:

Code:
sudo apt-get install git gcc make automake autoconf libcurl4-openssl-dev libjansson-dev
git clone https://github.com/gridseed/usb-miner/
cd usbminer/software/cpuminer
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

That will get you the minerd executable.  Still have to run an instance per gridseed unit.   Instead of a comm port #, you address them with the /dev entry.

On Ubuntu 13.04, they showed up as /dev/ttyACM0, /dev/ttyACM1,....etc

I'm glad that there are people like yourself out there that can explain this stuff to the layman like myself. I NEVER would have figured that out! Thanks!!!
gudmunsn

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:33:44 PM

Do these units come with power and usb cable?

Zoomhash (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:26:03 PM

Do these units come with power and usb cable?

The set deals do have power cords psu and usb cables.
CSM00

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:09:14 PM

Thanks CSM00! I will try this when my miners arrive next week! Can you maybe tell me how to run two miners on linux, what are the correct command lines? And where can i find what the address is of every miner connected?

Something life this:

Code:
./minerd -o stratum+tcp://pool:3333 -u user -p password -G /dev/ttyACM0 --freq=800
./minerd -o stratum+tcp://pool:3333 -u user -p password -G /dev/ttyACM1 --freq=800

The miners will show up in /dev  as tty<something>.  On Ubuntu 13, they show up as /dev/ttyACMx
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:17:52 PM

Just ordered one from zoomhash.com last night.Hopefully I will see it sometime next week. See what its capable of.   Grin

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
ZBC3

Activity: 361

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:19:46 PM

Got mine quickly, 2 days, thanks Zoom Hash!
MicroCC

Activity: 97

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:48:50 AM

Are you guys opening up the 10pack or 20pack up to paypal or later Credit card? I don't get why you guys are only accepting bitcoin
ZBC3

Activity: 361

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:39:54 PM

I think the website said something about fraud. PayPal is great for buyers, but not so great for sellers when they start getting charge backs and unauthorized credit transactions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: