Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:33:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you keep your coins physically secure?  (Read 1393 times)
riyarana1123
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 06:49:37 PM

Yes,i do keep my coins physically secure from the hacker by put them in a hardware wallet with a private key and no one know the password of that key.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tides_Network (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 05:08:21 AM

Yes,i do keep my coins physically secure from the hacker by put them in a hardware wallet with a private key and no one know the password of that key.

That's good but please do ensure that you have more than one copy of your private key, one single copy means a single point of failure.

ICO-free decentralized health insurance project
https://t.me/tidesnetwork
https://www.Tides.Network
Kekenapep

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:11:09 AM

My wallet is definitely secure as I put them in a hardware wallet,with a password that only me is privy to,i also try the backup wallet options.
Security is now imperative in the cryptocurrency world as hackers are now everywhere.
Pinkprint

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:13:49 AM

Always store your private keys and seeds in a safe, hardware.
Market-desi

Activity: 202
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:15:42 AM

of course, bro. I always try my best to keep all of my assets safe, bro. both physically and so on ..because my investment goal is to collect bitcoin and altcoin. after I get hard-earned then I will never give it to others without my permission, bro.

🏦 PointPay 🏦
⚡️ Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING ⚡️
➡️ https://pointpay.io ⬅️
kniheant

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:51:25 PM

for me,I use cold wallets, hard purses to secure my property, use it in a very safe way.
Sofiyah

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:28:32 PM

there maybe some people who secure their coins physically, such as storing offline wallet or others because their coins are large and are expensive like bitcoin, they are secure because they are afraid of hackers. but I don't, I just save my coin in the MEW wallet, because my coin has no price and maybe nobody will steal it.
Ividanik
Copper Member

Activity: 205
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:06:26 AM

I trust only in hardware wallets, so that's where I keep my coins. The only exception i take - when coins have to be sent to exchanges and are in use for trades, but when trade is over they go back to the hard wallet again.
Glutius

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:07:34 AM

It is very unwise to keep your coins on the stock exchange. It is best to choose a good, proven wallet for storage. For me it's cold wallets, now I use Trezor and while I'm very happy with it.

rtm125

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:14:03 AM

I, like many investors here, use hardware wallets that are currently the best in the market. This is when I recommended them here on this forum, and the best I found.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pyr3x

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:18:59 AM

My friend at the very beginning of my investment advised me a cold wallet, and for several months I have been using it. I have never had any doubts about my safety, and I hope that my coins will be safe in the future.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:45:15 PM

I don't get a physical part because Bitcoin is digital and does not have physical characteristics. But to maintain its security, I take the precautions needed to keep my coins safe. Hackers or scammers will do anything to steal our coins.

In some point, Bitcoin is also physical if you manage to write the corresponding public/private keys within a piece of paper. The key here is to secure your coins as much as you can against hacks, or physical access (in case you store your coins in a paper wallet). By doing your own research across the web, you'll become knowledgeable on how to properly secure your cryptocurrency funds. Sure, hackers or scammers will devise ways on how to get access to your cryptocurrencies, but it would be up to you to maintain yourself updated about the latest threats.

Personally, I try to read the news everyday related to the latest crypto trends. That way, I maintain myself informed about what are the hacker's latest moves to protect myself against them. By using an up-to-date antivirus and firewall software, a secure operating system like Linux, and verifying hashes when downloading the latest wallet version, you can keep yourself protected against hacks for good. This is even better if you only always use hardware wallets or wallets with keys that had been generated offline to keep hackers away from your funds.

Be aware though, that there's nothing 100% secure in this life, and a small mistake from you, could cost you dearly. Wink

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:00:11 AM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Where does the line between paranoia and reasonable physical security meet?

I believe keeping the coins physically secure means you need some place with a safe features to store your wallet information.
A safety box is enough to safe a flashdisk or hardisk or hard wallet that contain your wallet information on there.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Buttermellow

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:11:52 AM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Where does the line between paranoia and reasonable physical security meet?
This is the difference between fiat money and the digital currency. The thief could not get the money from you if your money is in form of digital. However, if it is in physical form then it could be stolen once you leave your desk. It is really an advantage to put your money on digital system.
abhi777

Activity: 457

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:59:55 PM

I don't get a physical part because Bitcoin is digital and does not have physical characteristics. But to maintain its security, I take the precautions needed to keep my coins safe. Hackers or scammers will do anything to steal our coins.
I don't keep my coins too much. but I'm sure it will be fine with my coin. because I always open my account at any time. but I guarantee my wallet and security are locked properly.
Destofe

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:04:38 PM

From now on i can keep my coins physically secure to my digital wallet . Because it can convert my coins into a physical cash.
Triwiyono

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:23:29 PM

I keep it, but don't keep physically secure. I just save my coin be in the wallet, without giving any protection. I think if no one knows my wallet password, my coin will be safe from anything. unless my computer is hacked, it maybe lose everything.

███ TWITTER WapSwap Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT) FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
nehemiah31

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:29:49 PM

Yes because every cent counts.My digital coin is kept in a secure wallet.I do not let anyone know my wallet address because it can be hacked.We all need to take precautions in storing our coins.We will need it in the future.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:47:59 PM

yes its hard to say, to save bitcoin in the online is very dangerous because of the scam and the hacker, but if you store your coin and other cryptocurrencies in the physic form its dangerous from the thief and the damage of the physic memosy, so what is the best place to save our coin?

caideogivay23

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:51:11 PM

I can keep it safe, because I do not know the security code, so if my bitcoin is lost, someone else used some external software to hack my password. Or we accidentally forgotten the password itself to make the bitcoin immediate but can not use. Those are really very regrettable
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: