Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:00:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you keep your coins physically secure?  (Read 1393 times)
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:35:44 PM

Of course I do. I don't have a hardware wallet but I keep my coins offline on a drive that doesn't get connected to the Internet. If I ever need to use them I'll connect the computer, update the wallets and send everything to an exchange. That is if it goes down and I need to get rid of it. If it goes up i'll buy a hardware wallet to be even safer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
judel_2018

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:44:23 PM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Where does the line between paranoia and reasonable physical security meet?

Of course no one knows my password to secure all of my tokens to my wallet. I did not trust my account anymore and maybe when I was awake one day I lost my tokens to my wallet.

As I know it is very secure but I don't know why is it that the hackers can hack it easily. For those who have bitcoin they know already that their coin put it in very secure places.
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:02:26 AM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Of course it must. If you not physically secure your coins, you may lose them later. for example i usually backup my wallet information in some storage.
Like flashdisk or hardisk, and keep them safe with my possession. Provide a deposit box if needed, then put your storage in the box.
If something bad happened like fire, flood, earthquake or others, your wallet backup will safe.

Al Muhaimin

Activity: 106

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:19:11 AM

of course because bitcoin is a valuable asset
Bhalibad

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:26:54 AM

Of course no one knows my password to secure all of my tokens to my wallet. I did not trust my account anymore and maybe when I was awake one day I lost my tokens to my wallet.

I think all bounty hunters will keep their coins very secure. But why is it that their are some bounty hunters will victims of hackers that they always prevent their coins in a very safe.
coralwoods18

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:39:40 AM

I  preferred to keep all my coin now on my hardware wallet. And I am not need to exchange my coin. That’s why I felt secured now with my wallet.
tulezua

Activity: 279

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:08:25 AM

Security will through 2FA password and you will not lost your password and other matter documents, the best is you should use Icloud of Iphone, when you export your account, after you lost phone, you will not afraid of lost information.
CripplesPlazma

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:22:32 PM

I use my hardware wallet for most of my investments and some in software wallets but that doesn't make my coins security tight. As it remains in the Blockchain and I have only the key access to it to save in my wallets. So, I just can assure that secured coins are not exchanged or traded without my consent.
ComaJoma

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:41:53 PM

I can't even imagine how else you are supposed to keep them.
Tubig

Activity: 212

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:21:45 PM

Actually Now I don't have a coin to keep but in the past I think I have secured my crypto in my online wallet. It is just just check its transaction history  always and don't give your private key, back then I questioned private key cause it can be generated via program and can be hacked but based on my experience in doesn't happen. I have also converted it into fiat and that's how my money l
Tides_Network (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 06:33:05 AM

Actually Now I don't have a coin to keep but in the past I think I have secured my crypto in my online wallet. It is just just check its transaction history  always and don't give your private key, back then I questioned private key cause it can be generated via program and can be hacked but based on my experience in doesn't happen. I have also converted it into fiat and that's how my money l

You may want to avoid keeping your coins in an online wallet in the future, keeping in cold storage on your own device is much safer.

ICO-free decentralized health insurance project
https://t.me/tidesnetwork
https://www.Tides.Network
jamesclark

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 09:13:31 PM

Of course I am.  I have created copies of all passwords and keys on my computer and write it on a piece of paper. I used only  verified programs to work with Bitcoin.
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:26:42 PM

I think my coin is secured in my wallet, nobody knows my privitekey so it's safe to say, but I'm keeping it because many of my friends are hacked.
Yes I keep it secured in my wallet and nobody know my personal key it's 100 percent safe I always careful to my coin cause many of friends there account are hacked so that I need to careful all the times.
Tides_Network (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 10:12:10 PM

I think my coin is secured in my wallet, nobody knows my privitekey so it's safe to say, but I'm keeping it because many of my friends are hacked.
Yes I keep it secured in my wallet and nobody know my personal key it's 100 percent safe I always careful to my coin cause many of friends there account are hacked so that I need to careful all the times.

But do you have your private key backed up, and is the back up as secure as your primary copy?

Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:18:55 PM

Unless you're actively spending your bitcoinsthey should always be in cold storage. I wouldn't recommend hardware wallets because you're still relying on someone else to not screw up.

Just remember to be your own bank and trust no one, then you're all set.
Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:10:57 AM

I don't keep my Bitcoin in a device where I use it to go mobile. I keep it in a secure place and I only use it online if I deposit or withdraw a large amount of cryptocurrency. I use hardware wallet like Ledger Nano to keep my Bitcoin more safely. I use online wallet only for small transactions.
tsinelas

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:34:10 AM

We keep our coins in our own ways that we know it that it is in a very secured place and we are also responsible for it if whatever possible to happen, just don't put all your egg in one basket because anything is possible to happen in digital world.
That was a great tip. I'll try this. For me to secure it physically, I sell my tokens and convert it to fiat money then save into my bank account then the bank has the responsibility to take care of my money and me to secure my account.

▬▬▬▬▬      ▬     iCumulate         Investing in the future together           ▬      ▬▬▬▬▬
WHITEPAPER  ]     ████     PRESALE  /  Nov 30th - Dec 7th     ████     [   ONE PAGER   ]
▬      ▬▬▬▬▬     Twitter     ●     Facebook     ●     Telegram     ●     Medium     ▬▬▬▬▬      ▬
royaljack200

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:38:14 AM

I make sure I lock my devices if I ever leave it's sight. I don't like leaving all my coins in one wallet, exchange or paper wallet. I like to keep them in different places in case one of them gets jeopardize. I do have a hardware wallet that I use for my main wallet and that doesn't ever leave my side. I always make sure I have my belongings with me everytime I go somewhere.
Tides_Network (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 03:03:14 PM

I make sure I lock my devices if I ever leave it's sight. I don't like leaving all my coins in one wallet, exchange or paper wallet. I like to keep them in different places in case one of them gets jeopardize. I do have a hardware wallet that I use for my main wallet and that doesn't ever leave my side. I always make sure I have my belongings with me everytime I go somewhere.

You've got a great strategy to keep your coins safe, the only thing I worry is keeping your main wallet with you at all times. I dont know if that's the best idea.

adjong

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:45:08 AM

for my safe wallet is my coin and I only know it with it. I also keep my key to not steal or know others because nowadays many of the coins are interested in those who do not just want them They steal the money from others. So I'm saying that my wallet did not steal so tokens would not be lost.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: