Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:58:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can ETF Decision make a negative impact?  (Read 20425 times)
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 09:39:15 AM

Yes this can influence investors decision making as this is a talk of legality about bitcoin or cryptocurrency. If bitcoin will not be adapted by the government then for sure it could no longer work on for good and people will dump bitcoin anyway because it has no real value and only users or people can dictate the certain market price of bitcoin with their demand and the supply of bitcoin or any of the crypto.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FedorIzmailov

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 11:42:33 AM

of course it can. I don’t understand why everyone decided that it would have a positive impact on the market because there’s nothing good in it
petrcoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:06:53 PM

If etf get approved there is not a single reason it can make a negative impact. If dismissal still, it can be approved in the future so very limited negative impact.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Marbelli

Activity: 182

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:28:42 PM

If there is positive news about futures, then this can in no way have a negative impact on the market.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
incomefromcoins

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:39:18 PM

Etf decision can be a sensitive reaction for cryptocurrency traders the most important market decision from last many months hopefully this first quarter etf decision turn positive and mark a bull rally for investors
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 04:15:15 PM

In my own humble opinion, I would say that nobody knows for sure the long-term effect of ETF to Bitcoin. On the short-term basis, there is a big possibility that the price of Bitcoin can go up wildly but it can be because of the excitement in the market that the approval can generate. Well, we are all hoping that it can be the start of the big bull run but there is no guarantee for that as things will eventually boil down to supply and demand which means that if ETF can be the medium for more demand then we can it can be really helpful and can be the game-changing factor we might be looking for Bitcoin. However, if institutional money will not reacting that much or if the level of reaction could not be sustained then it can just be short-lived kind of thing.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 04:58:06 PM

Yes this can influence investors decision making as this is a talk of legality about bitcoin or cryptocurrency. If bitcoin will not be adapted by the government then for sure it could no longer work on for good and people will dump bitcoin anyway because it has no real value and only users or people can dictate the certain market price of bitcoin with their demand and the supply of bitcoin or any of the crypto.

ETF Decision will make a big impact on bitcoin adaption and price. It will determine the future of bitcoin and digital currencies. People are waiting for the ETF decision from last six months and everyone is believing that ETF positive news will result in more adaption and it will increase more volume of bitcoin.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
UmerIdrees

Activity: 2240
Merit: 842

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 04:59:13 PM

In my own humble opinion, I would say that nobody knows for sure the long-term effect of ETF to Bitcoin. On the short-term basis, there is a big possibility that the price of Bitcoin can go up wildly but it can be because of the excitement in the market that the approval can generate. Well, we are all hoping that it can be the start of the big bull run but there is no guarantee for that as things will eventually boil down to supply and demand which means that if ETF can be the medium for more demand then we can it can be really helpful and can be the game-changing factor we might be looking for Bitcoin. However, if institutional money will not reacting that much or if the level of reaction could not be sustained then it can just be short-lived kind of thing.

If the bitcoin etf  is not approved it will really be bad news for bitcoins and price may dump hard as everyone is expecting that etf will be approved and any negative news may not be easily digestible and may bring market more down.

maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 06:10:39 PM

Of course, many people are hoping for bitcoin and when the ETF decision is not what they expect, it could make them die of bitcoin and surely people will flock to sell their assets before the market gets worse. If the FUD can affect the market then what about the ETF's decision, of course it will have an effect
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 08:20:08 PM

At first I want to say bitcoin will survive without ETF approval but since we never saw any better price shoting up last year December I'm actually starting to think bitcoin does needs ETF ,halving is still months away and bakkt has been postponed again but bakkt did drop huge millions and wall street do the same so we are actually progressive ,with ETF there will be huge changes for cryptocurrency

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 09:07:01 PM

The approval of Bitcoin ETF by SEC will sure bring a positive impact on the bitcoin price. Investirs would feel more confident with the status of bitcoin being recognize by the government. While a disapproval will somehow bring a negative feelings again from investors, though the negative effect may cooled down in a short time.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 10:35:58 PM

Yes it does  .  people tend to  assume about the etf approval but if they know that etf didnt approve bitcoin , many people will felt so sad and depressed  but it cant affect the price because the price will still remain on what they are now . 

Now if etf got approved bitcoin   , i think it can bring positive effects to the price because the price can probably rise up  and this can also result for other people to invest more coins  .
Eildosa

Activity: 572
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 12:04:25 AM

I think that this decision will definitely not lead to negative consequences. There will be either positive consequences or nothing will happen. I think that everything will be fine and this decision will be a turning point for the market.

mangsitin

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 01:35:04 AM

I think that this decision will definitely not lead to negative consequences. There will be either positive consequences or nothing will happen. I think that everything will be fine and this decision will be a turning point for the market.
I think ETFs are very important for the continuity of current bitcoin prices, because if Bitcoin is approved by the SEC then Bitcoin officially becomes a legitimate trade on American exchanges. So if it is approved, I hope that it will cause Investors to come to buy Bitcoin, but if it is not approved, the price is likely to fall again.
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 05:53:12 AM

The price will shoot up if ETF get approved but that doesn't mean it can't ever fall down again ,up and down is what makes cryptocurrency stable ,profits when high and buying at cheaper rates when low .

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:59:33 AM

Once its like other stocks, we know that there is a huge chance that the prices will shoot up like crazy.  However, after that we will see a lot of stability and this will not be very volatile like now therefore huge up and downs wont be possible and profits will not be huge (Including risks)

Is it correct? can someone please explain how does this works? Is there going be a big commission as well on each trade? is there going to be a margin? I actually dont understand this if someone can shed some light in simple terms. Thanks.

I think if SEC approve bitcoin ETF, the price will rising and daily transaction volume will growing bigger. ETF trading will leads big investor to cryptocurrency market and makes bitcoin holder more optimistic about bitcoin future. Good news will leads price increasing
MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 12:06:18 PM

Once its like other stocks, we know that there is a huge chance that the prices will shoot up like crazy.  However, after that we will see a lot of stability and this will not be very volatile like now therefore huge up and downs wont be possible and profits will not be huge (Including risks)

Is it correct? can someone please explain how does this works? Is there going be a big commission as well on each trade? is there going to be a margin? I actually dont understand this if someone can shed some light in simple terms. Thanks.

I think if SEC approve bitcoin ETF, the price will rising and daily transaction volume will growing bigger. ETF trading will leads big investor to cryptocurrency market and makes bitcoin holder more optimistic about bitcoin future. Good news will leads price increasing

I'm also expecting that but we all know that SEC is very hard to please and it feels like they are very allergic to cryptos. Just imagine that there are big ETFs last year that are all denied then I can't really imagine them approving at least one in this year.
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 12:33:44 PM

Yes it does  .  people tend to  assume about the etf approval but if they know that etf didnt approve bitcoin , many people will felt so sad and depressed  but it cant affect the price because the price will still remain on what they are now . 

I don't know if you have witnessed the rejection of the first Winklevoss Bitcoin ETF proposal in 2017. The market suffered after the news of rejection surface so obviously there are negative effects.

Now if etf got approved bitcoin   , i think it can bring positive effects to the price because the price can probably rise up  and this can also result for other people to invest more coins  .

As this current situation, the market is really waiting for a significant news that can turn around the bearish sentiments, so for me it's possible that this Bitcoin ETF will be the catalyst if ever approved.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 01:18:59 PM

If etf get approved there is not a single reason it can make a negative impact. If dismissal still, it can be approved in the future so very limited negative impact.
actually any news about crypto can have an influence on the market. including even ETFs, even though they can be approved at a later
time but rejection can certainly have a negative impact on the market. a lot of news that affects the market
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 01:30:28 PM

If we think about the price, then it will surely help to increase the price of Bitcoin and maybe also other altcoins will grow.
But it will bring more big investors, more whales to the market and market will become more centralized, I think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: