Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 10:09:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should bounty hunters show English proficiency certificate?  (Read 1739 times)
Tawong38

Activity: 175
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:43:40 PM

I think it doesn't matter if you're good in english or not  just be straight to the point about what you think as long that its related and have the quality.
gabum19

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:31:14 AM

In my opinion, this will not be the good idea to others. All we know we started from scrap sentences here. I know everyone here is trying to put their ideas even if they dont know how to express or write it in a nice way. The more important is that we have to learn and understand what us trying to do we the task and community. We dont need a perfect english sentences, we need an point to point ideas to share with to every help and situations.
rltim555

Activity: 451
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:35:38 AM

Seems funny, but this measure would improve work quality, because i usually face people with luck of english knowledges. 
majority of hunters google translate and it should be improved as well.
Isiaka208
Copper Member

Activity: 411
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:38:54 AM

Proficiency test certificate is needed if you are presenting a project to over 5000 people or friends on your list. As a bounty hunter, you are more like a PR of a project to your audience, bad writing put most people off and may be a stumbling block of an investor to the project if that is the first point of contact of that investor. It is not out of place for that as a requirement.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:41:21 AM

indeed English is very important when we make a post, but if this is applied it might be a bit of a bounty hunter who follows the project from the bounty manager, this requirement is too strict and may only be applied by a professional manager
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:43:49 AM

This is his business. If it is more convenient for him, then he will exclude people who will create uncomfortable situations in his work. I think that not everyone has such certificates.

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
tiurminator

Activity: 125

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:54:56 AM

Should Bounty Manager show No Scam Project Guarantee Certificate to the bounty hunters too?  But that's okay, let him do whatever he want.  I'll just pick another project.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 12:02:52 PM

Proficiency test certificate is needed if you are presenting a project to over 5000 people or friends on your list. As a bounty hunter, you are more like a PR of a project to your audience, bad writing put most people off and may be a stumbling block of an investor to the project if that is the first point of contact of that investor. It is not out of place for that as a requirement.

Yes, it is not out of place as a requirement and I have no problem with that but the question is if it is really needed that he requires such requirement. If he wants to implement it then he can do so because there are still so many options for the bounty hunters to find another project that doesn't require it. Besides, they can still promote the said project with their own language if the campaign does not restrict it. As for me, it would be alright without having the certificate as long as his post can be understood and can contribute to the community.

shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:10:32 PM

Of course disagree, encryption is global, not just individuals. Although our native language is not English. But we have a learning attitude and can use Google Translate. Bounty hunters therefore limit us because our native language is not English.

Rengganis

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:16:32 PM

I don't think all bounty hunters need that, maybe my advice is used by those concerned such as transate campaigns, articles and signatures, because for other bounties it doesn't really need good English.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:36:34 PM

A bounty manager in one telegram group was mad at the bad English of some hunters and made a statement that his next bounties will require English proficiency certificate. What are your views.I think it will enhance posts quality .
I think that is a very short sighted approach and given that the largest English speaking market (USA) is excluded from most ICO's, it may end up being very costly for his clients. There is a reason that people translate all their documents into other languages. There is a large market of cryptocurrency investors whose mother tongue is not English. Rather than forcing people to post in a language they are not proficient in just because the bounty manager is a unilingual English speaker, you would get better results if you found a way to harness those peoples ability to post in another language and widen the field you are marketing to.

MOG247

Activity: 223

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:43:42 PM

A bounty manager in one telegram group was mad at the bad English of some hunters and made a statement that his next bounties will require English proficiency certificate. What are your views.I think it will enhance posts quality .

Communication is said to be achieved when the receiver understands the sender. English proficiency though is important but should not be the base to roll out bounties to the general. I bet you even some investors are not proficient in English language.
rdewilde

Activity: 925

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:48:46 PM

It depends on the job of the bounty hunter. If a bounty hunter participates in a translation or content or signature campaign, the English level must be good. If I only participate in social campaigns then I think it is not necessary

SuiMikira

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:51:00 PM

It is the problem of non native English speaker, but bounty hunters don't need to show anything. Crypto is not only for English speaker, that's why exchanges, companies, ICO projects support multilingual. 
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:56:59 PM

It depends on the job of the bounty hunter. If a bounty hunter participates in a translation or content or signature campaign, the English level must be good. If I only participate in social campaigns then I think it is not necessary

thats right .  translation campaign is only the one that needs a language certificate , so that you can easily convince the employer that will hire you that you are a legit speaker of that  specific language . signature campaign is not necesarily needed for any proof of language efficiency because there are local boards that a poster can use if he is having a difficulty of speaking the english language .

this forum isnt also looking for best english posters or correct grammars because it is already stated at the rules that an understandable sentence will be fine .
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:03:28 PM

I think it's some kind of nonsense. It is better to immediately check the profile, look at the messages that have already been made, and conclude: take this person in his bounty campaign, or not.

Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:11:55 PM

This sounds really funny but there are some sense in it, I think people look at the credibility of someone before giving credits and spoken and written English in certain spheres in one of such, Bounty marketers are automatically marketing a product and most times one have to look at good one's grammar is as part of what could make him make good judgment before choosing a project

teeshe

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 01:14:22 PM

This quite funny and it is bound to happen as most bounty hunters are not English native speakers. Nevertheless, the request of English proficiency certificate to participate in bounties appears unnecessary in my opinion as there are other simple checks bounty managers can introduce to choose fluent English writers.
tinemaeda

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 01:14:46 PM

I'm not that good at English too, but I do believe that I can still communicate. I think proficiency in any language must only be required for those who want to participate in Translation campaign.
luungocthuyhv

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:25:38 PM

I believe this is not necessary. Just read and understand English is sufficient, by itself every campaign has its bonuses clear hierarchy. Require higher bonuses greater, more bonus campaign is to create a community, everyone can participate and benefit from the project ICO
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: