Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:15:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .4 BTC Loan to be repaid in 2 weeks  (Read 1988 times)
lakzo (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:28:48 PM

In need of a loan to make a considerably large ($300) purchase in the next few days.  I was expecting to get paid last friday but I was informed today that I wouldn’t receive that check until the end of the month (Government employee).  Asking for a loan of .4 BTC at 10% interest compounded weekly.  I can offer collateral in the form of my MacBook Pro, ID verification plus proof of employment (The check coming in at the end of the month should be roughly $1800). 

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
austin

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:16:28 PM

In need of a loan to make a considerably large ($300) purchase in the next few days.  I was expecting to get paid last friday but I was informed today that I wouldn’t receive that check until the end of the month (Government employee).  Asking for a loan of .4 BTC at 10% interest compounded weekly.  I can offer collateral in the form of my MacBook Pro, ID verification plus proof of employment (The check coming in at the end of the month should be roughly $1800). 

Thanks!
Where are you located? It would be best to find a lender or escrow within your country to hold the MacBook.
lakzo (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:47:01 PM

Where are you located? It would be best to find a lender or escrow within your country to hold the MacBook.
[/quote]

I've tried using local bitcoins but i'm at a small college in the middle of nowhere.  I haven't been able to find anything yet.
austin

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:07:00 PM

I've tried using local bitcoins but i'm at a small college in the middle of nowhere.  I haven't been able to find anything yet.
Are you in the USA?
lakzo (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:58:50 PM

Yes, rural Virginia.
Localbtcbuyer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:01:08 PM

Could maybe help, but would need the collateral sent just in case.
lakzo (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:44:55 PM

Know of any good escrow services?
Localbtcbuyer

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:47:26 PM

If I'm sending .4 btc, I want possession of laptop, in case you don't pay it back.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:54:30 PM

If I'm sending .4 btc, I want possession of laptop, in case you don't pay it back.

Because you are new, you need to include a third party escrow to hold any collateral.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Localbtcbuyer

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:56:46 PM

Because you are new, you need to include a third party escrow to hold any collateral.

Then the third party can put up the btc.

I might be new, but I've been doin business for over 25 years.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:00:28 PM

And I'm filthy rich with a 12" schlong. You are new, have no trust and could walk off with the collateral anytime between the loan and repayment WITH the repayment AND collateral.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Localbtcbuyer

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:05:49 PM

And I'm filthy rich with a 12" schlong. You are new, have no trust and could walk off with the collateral anytime between the loan and repayment WITH the repayment AND collateral.

Well, like I said, the third party can put up the btc, and hold the collateral.  Not a chance I put up my btc, and STILL not have collateral to back it up.  Just because someone has been around a long time, does not mean that they are honest.  Not implying you aren't, but it is a fact.

I made the man an offer, he refused it through you.  No huge deal.  It hurts me none, and hurts him none.  

By the way....nice schlong Smiley  And since you are filthy rich, you should help this guy with his loan.  Free money, right?
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:12:51 PM

Well, like I said, the third party can put up the btc, and hold the collateral.  Not a chance I put up my btc, and STILL not have collateral to back it up.  Just because someone has been around a long time, does not mean that they are honest.  Not implying you aren't, but it is a fact.

I made the man an offer, he refused it through you.  No huge deal.  It hurts me none, and hurts him none.  

By the way....nice schlong Smiley  And since you are filthy rich, you should help this guy with his loan.  Free money, right?

If I chose to loan I would use a third party escrow to hold the collateral.

Albert Einstein
Localbtcbuyer

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:30:59 PM

If I chose to loan I would use a third party escrow to hold the collateral.

Different strokes, for different folks.

OP, have you tried to pawn your laptop for the funds?  That way, a business has your computer, you have the funds, and everyone is happy?
lakzo (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:32:20 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 08:43:42 PM by lakzo

There aren't any pawn shops around me (town of 3000 people), but now that I think of it there's probably no point in requesting a loan anyway, because using escrow would take shipping the collateral and then accepting the loan.  By the time that happens, it's about 4 days until payday so there's no real point.
Localbtcbuyer

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:35:19 PM

Third party escrow does the best job at protecting both parties in my opinion.

No.  Pawn shops do the best job. 

Smiley
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 08:36:01 PM

Third party escrow does the best job at protecting both parties in my opinion.

No.  Pawn shops do the best job. 

Smiley

Pawn shops do the best money Tongue for Pawn shops Smiley

Escrow much better.
Localbtcbuyer

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:43:37 PM

New offer then:

.4btc loan, you said you get check at end of the month....

Repay: .49 by end of day 3/7

If not repaid by 3/7, one week extension until 3/10, but repayment is .54

If not repaid by end of day 3/10, then laptop is sent to me, from whatever escrow we choose to hold it, and you owe nothing.
lakzo (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:55:47 PM

New offer then:

If not repaid by end of day 3/10, then laptop is sent to me, from whatever escrow we choose to hold it, and you owe nothing.

I'd be inclined to accept but like I mentioned there's no point in sending my Macbook into collateral if I could just wait 4 days. Didn't really think that one through before I posted :/
Localbtcbuyer

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:56:58 PM

New offer then:

I'd be inclined to accept but like I mentioned there's no point in sending my Macbook into collateral if I could just wait 4 days. Didn't really think that one through before I posted :/

No problem, offer stands if needed.  Who knows, maybe a trusted escrow on here lives near you.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: