Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:43:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Mainstream Update - We're calling in Alex Jones NOW. 1-855-411-2539  (Read 9955 times)
Anonymous

October 10, 2011, 02:40:38 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2011, 05:19:04 PM by Immanuel Go

6:00AM - Hawaii
9:00AM - Pacific
10:00AM - Mountain
11:00AM - Central
12:00PM - Eastern
05:00PM - London
06:00PM - Paris
08:00PM - Moscow
01:00AM - Tokyo (October 5th)

http://www.infowars.com/audiobox.html

Listen for the number, call-in and ask about Bitcoin tomorrow at the times above. He takes in about 50 callers when he announces the number so be quick. If a good portion of the first people trying are us, Bitcoin will be mentioned on his show once again.

Try to mention that it threatens "the globalist agenda", "the fed", etc. We need a good discussion.

Good luck guys. Let's fight the good fight.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 02:42:22 AM

If we get that crazy guy onto this then we may see the price rise once again. He has LOTS of paranoid folks there listening to his preaching. We might see a rally. BUY BUY BUY !!!

PS : Loving Project Mainstream !!! Hopefully Bitcoin price rises again.
JonHind

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 02:51:54 AM

We should get Alex and Bruce together. A conspiracy theory nutcase and a convicted scammer - who better than them to promote bitcoin?
Rarity

Activity: 182

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 02:52:29 AM

Please don't associate Bitcoin with crazy people.  I know you can get customers if you advertise at the local insane asylum but they will scare the rest of your potential customers away.

Call in to business related shows on mainstream outlets and talk about the sound economic foundations of Bitcoin if you want to generate good PR.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 02:53:31 AM

We should get Alex and Bruce together. A conspiracy theory nutcase and a convicted scammer - who better than them to promote bitcoin?

Is Alex Jones the new Art Bell or is he a different kind of tinfoil hatter?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bulanula

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 02:55:22 AM

Please don't associate Bitcoin with crazy people.  I know you can get customers if you advertise at the local insane asylum but they will scare the rest of your potential customers away.

Call in to business related shows on mainstream outlets and talk about the sound economic foundations of Bitcoin if you want to generate good PR.

Any PR is good PR. We are kind of desperate for PR at this point. Price keeps falling. Wonder what is next ? $2 maybe ?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 03:10:01 AM

They already are. Jones has been on OneRadioNetwork before. You know, the guys crosspromoting Bruce's OnlyOneTV?
Anonymous

October 10, 2011, 03:10:40 AM

Please don't associate Bitcoin with crazy people.  I know you can get customers if you advertise at the local insane asylum but they will scare the rest of your potential customers away.

Any PR is good PR. We are kind of desperate for PR at this point. Price keeps falling. Wonder what is next ? $2 maybe ?

This is the truth. It doesn't matter what the fuel is, we need to get this machine out of park and on the road at least.
greyhawk

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 03:12:23 AM

This is the truth. It doesn't matter what the fuel is, we need to get this machine out of park and on the road at least.

You can't use the road. They are paid for by TAXES.  Undecided
bulanula

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 03:13:40 AM

Nice analogy. I like you took the initiative for this. Too much stagnation in the community. Too many ideas but nobody doing anything etc.
Rarity

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 03:16:57 AM

Did the 9/11 truthers find fuel with Alex Jones?  Or does it remain a niche conspiracy theory way outside the mainstream?

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Anonymous

October 10, 2011, 03:19:42 AM

Did the 9/11 truthers find fuel with Alex Jones?  Or does it remain a niche conspiracy theory way outside the mainstream?

Most people I know question the government's purported involvement in 9/11. I do. The fact is the government knew about the plans of the attacks before they happened and they did nothing. It's reasonable to question what actually happened and Alex Jones, in fact, helped spread this knowledge.

However, it's irrelevant. Alex Jone's has a market that will help Bitcoin.
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 03:21:24 AM

Alex reaches millions of people that are sick of the Federal Reserve.  If you stay away from the cryptography and the mining, and focus only on the reasons WHY people USE bitcoins, you'll have a good discussion that won't go off on tangents.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
greyhawk

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 03:22:37 AM

Alex Jone's has a market that will help Bitcoin.

Yeah, making BTC associated with crazy people is really gonna help acceptance into the mainstream.
bulanula

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 03:23:28 AM

Most people I know question the government's purported involvement in 9/11. I do. The fact is the government knew about the plans of the attacks before they happened and they did nothing. It's reasonable to question what actually happened and Alex Jones, in fact, helped spread this knowledge.

I echo that. Alex Jones should have been brought into this sooner. They are the kinds of people that fit the average Bitcoin user profile.
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 03:27:53 AM

What a disaster.

Immanuel, despite other's concerns, you're steaming ahead with this train wreck of an idea?!

Please.. we don't need more users, we need more merchants first.  You're inviting the sort of users who scare off merchants.

I'm going to stop updating the press hits thread now I think.  It's probably better that a larger variety of people update it anyway - but really I dread the sort of PR that an association with Alex Jones types may bring.

Perhaps one of us should let slip the fact that bitcoin mining is actually calculating secret new world order stuff; scaring the Alex Jones army off with their own sort of silliness might be the only option Tongue

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
Rarity

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 03:28:50 AM

Did the 9/11 truthers find fuel with Alex Jones?  Or does it remain a niche conspiracy theory way outside the mainstream?

As a PR professional I can assure you that driving your product towards acceptance among a group of consumers not only outside the mainstream, but in strong opposition to the mainstream, is not a productive tactic towards cultivating mainstream acceptance of your product.

The market in the United States, for example, tends to be hostile towards those who say their friends and family in the military are actually across the world defending the conspiratorial regime of a gaggle of criminals rather than fighting for freedom and security for their country.

As a counter-proposal to generate good public relations, I would urge you to mount a campaign to contact the creators of the television program "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" and urge them to feature bitcoins or a equine bitcoin equivalent in the storyline for an episode.  Polls show that the American public holds 80% approval for friendship and ponies, this is the mainstream audience to target.  You can find contact information here:  http://www.hubworld.com/my-little-pony/shows/friendship-is-magic

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 03:36:41 AM

I echo that. Alex Jones should have been brought into this sooner. They are the kinds of people that fit the average Bitcoin user profile.

Aren't they also the type to already be on government watch lists and to bring unwanted government scrutiny to Bitcoin?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 03:39:08 AM

Aren't they also the type to already be on government watch lists and to bring [more] unwanted government scrutiny to Bitcoin?

Fixed.
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 04:01:07 AM

This is a currency?!  That is what it is meant to be, not the playtoy of a group of conspiracy theorists!  Don't do this; don't kill bitcoin.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: