Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:48:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HACKED, lost ETH, following any leads I can. Help appreciated.  (Read 228 times)
tillerthekiller

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 02:36:17 PM

Unfortunately all you can do is watch your coins move around the blockchain. The ease and unregulation of crypto is unfortunately the positive and the negative to having a decentralized currency that no one is regulating.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wakeofgod

Activity: 89

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:51:48 PM

Sorry for your loss, I feel bad when this happens to people really. But the truth is that realistically, you can't get your ETH back
Proo1947

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:52:53 PM

Once you are hacked, you cannot recover your account ETH available then. The hackers and spammers are always ready to stalk you and getting benefited. You may always be cautious about what you are doing that hampers you or not. Crypto space is a real dangerous place you should always be updated. I suggest you be more careful to be hack proof.
amila_cs

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 02:56:36 PM

As others have mentioned it is not possible to get your funds back unless the hackers return it to you (which will not happen). I am sorry for your loss and I hope at least you learn some lesson from this. It is a good lesson for everyone out there to be extra vigilant when it comes to protecting your crypto currency

WONO

⇐ ● WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of  any assets and services without currency and taxation expenses ● ⇒

○ ○ ○  WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK  ○ ○  ○
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:57:52 PM

This is why we need to be safe and careful all the time.
a lost of any cryptocurrency will be a big bad luck to anyone.
HACKED will be a lost forever. be careful and stay safe.
Myra4

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:01:29 PM

Very unpleasant situation turned out. You should always be as vigilant and check where you enter information. I use a hardware wallet and so far, thank God there were no problems. Sorry for your loss

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
cchub

Activity: 560

Migranet ITO

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:07:14 PM

Many people lost their property by hacking, but no one could get their wealth back. Because the hackers have learned to hide themselves. I think you have to be very careful to avoid hacking. Can only protect you with caution. Do not open any unnecessary link or email.

I concur. The best thing to do is keep yourself safe at all times. After you lost your coins, there is nothing you can do.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
roueen

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:06:36 PM

Decentralized and centralized both are not invulnerable from hack. There always have some risk both here. But ETF protest approximately 51% of attack.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:30:55 PM

Oh man! Sorry about your loss. I'm afraid there is no possibility to get your coins back. If money was moved to Monero stealth address (i.e. encrypted address), then you won't be able to trace it or transfer it back to your wallet.
BitcoinFotw

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:44:08 PM

I'm sorry that you got hacked and probably lost some funds/ This would be heartbreaking for anyone and sorry that it happened to you. I really wish that there was something that could be done,but I honestly doubt that. I would just advise that you try to be more careful and safe guard your data, so this doesn't get to happen again.
Aksiyon1

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:54:00 PM

Sadly, you will not be able to get it back. As far as I can see, they have hidden the domain registration information. Even if you have contacted the domain provider, they will not provide any information to you. Cryptocurrency is very secure, but it is easily hacked by the carelessness of the user. What a costly lesson!

feelingfroggy

Activity: 220
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:54:17 PM

Sorry for your loss.  These hackers seem to have an entire game plan for after they got the funds.  I'm afraid they are long gone.  

Maybe try some Bounty Hunting/Airdrops.  I find after I take a huge disaster in life I get hit with same good fortune.  Keep your eyes open and take chances.  It will come back 10 fold.  

MyCryptoBank.io  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――
denis-z12

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:11:21 PM

Unfortunately all you can do is keep track of where the money is going but you cant get it back. You cant contact BTC, ETH, and exchange or other third party to get help with this. Its unfortunate but that is how it is.
sarasofrup

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:45:23 PM

So sorry about that. No one deserves to get hacked, and have their coins stolen. I wish there was a way that this could have be resolved, and you get back all of your stolen coins. I think that you should get some time of if you need to, and then re-invest if you do have the funds. Then secure your wallets and all other accounts properly.
spopovss

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

https://paynote.eu

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:49:41 PM

I think it makes no sense to ask thieves to return money.
There are a lot of reports about hacking wallets.
People, be careful, do not store all coins on same wallet.

El mejor intercambio de criptomonedas https://paynote.eu/
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:51:32 PM

How did your ether got hacked? did you put your private key somewhere at a phishing site or what?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Orrechorre

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:53:22 PM

Many people lost their property by hacking, but no one could get their wealth back. Because the hackers have learned to hide themselves. I think you have to be very careful to avoid hacking. Can only protect you with caution. Do not open any unnecessary link or email.
Sorry to hear about this but it is very possible for your account or wallet to get lose by disclosing your information to a third party or not keeping your information very private.
swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 12:58:14 PM

I think don't waste your time, nothing is done even for hacked eth worth millions of dollars because there are ways for hackers to make it untraceable.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 01:03:16 PM

As the title suggests, I was hacked. It was my severance pay that was going to be keeping me going while looking for a new role. I'm running out of leads, and I'm pretty bloody desperate.

Details

1. Received ETH stakes email, took me to website that wasn't reported fraudulent at the time. Didn't even think about it, but I didn't think I entered any wallet info.
2. Yes I'm an idiot.
3. Literally got a new cable for my Ledger Nano yesterday, they managed to clean me out about 12 hours prior to moving the funds over.

Money was moved to ETH address, then Shapeshift and then finally Monero, to these addresses:

49pvwnq6vgnjCEWVSoVtsVYCqr1a9E2rdamj85QmvJ4SMMN6fuz1ADMDLDy2FEt6trhZEefwgWoUwVT 53RMpbtLPPsDPkRp

464awqrhiCB3AwCJpycQNMHnViaoqxuHkPAzRbcdHdmBEtNze6bVq5x21H1ki44no5fFsJXLFnAXwSW wu8jMiTC3LBiysDG

47ir41m4oELS6N6zFbJbc4DPj1s8fsCbDeHiHZwBTv351mCcvQRNGqbUAZQU6JGFCUat6qX3CVXwVEi HsZr8N5RdKmueYT3

Website is registered on Gandi.net, whom I've contacted. http://whois.domaintools.com/xn--etherem-y24c.com

I've posted all over Reddit, and anywhere else I can. I'm not a complete noob, but also not overly technical so I don't know where else to look. IP addresses seem to be the last option?? I'm trying to figure out a way to send a message with XMR but I even emailed one of the devs of Monero and they say that's not possible, just to beg the thieves to return the funds, as it was over 30ETH. Cyber detectives? ANYTHING.

sorry for your loss but I think there is very little anyone can do to help you. You can try begging them but it rarely works. perhaps someone can help you but I highly doubt it.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████