Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:59:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [APP] Appcoin - The digital currency for digital products | Client update!  (Read 101993 times)
CtrlAltDefeat

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:28:40 PM

What will happen to the already existing coins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
appcoin.info (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Appcoin Development Team

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 06:25:40 PM

Thanks for the good question!
People need to remove the old/existing Appcoin-folder from the %appdata%/roaming-directory and after that, launch the new Appcoin Client which will be available after Appcoin launch on Sunday, March 9th, 18:00 GMT in OP of this topic + at our websites http://www.appcoin.info/downloads/.
The old client(s), folders and wallet/coins should be deleted since they will have no use anymore.

●                                                     Z I X X                                                     ●
[    DISCORD    ]  [    TWITTER    ]  [ ANN THREAD ]  [   FACEBOOK   ]
|   Automated Shared MNs   |  80% Masternode Rewards  |   Highest "Locked %"  |
rsx19

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:10:14 PM

Thanks for the good question!
People need to remove the old/existing Appcoin-folder from the %appdata%/roaming-directory and after that, launch the new Appcoin Client which will be available after Appcoin launch on Sunday, March 9th, 18:00 GMT in OP of this topic + at our websites http://www.appcoin.info/downloads/.
The old client(s), folders and wallet/coins should be deleted since they will have no use anymore.

so we are losing our coins?

BlackCoin For poor Shibe - BMobXjx9TN96a1qmZA9pSSzJur6UH9PWgU
sq

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 11:18:53 PM

Appcoin re-launch added to AltCoinCalendar.info.

Check Coin Countdown

if you like our work donations are welcome.

_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
Don't miss any coin release at altCoinCalendar.info

UltraPool

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:52:25 AM

GPUCoin @ Ultrapool.org

1% fees
PROP payout!
Fast, reliable server
Trusted Pool
Best MPOS Web Interface: See Below.

http://app.ultrapool.org/dashboardsmall.png

http://app.ultrapool.org - Now accepting Preregistrations!

Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:49:39 AM

I still don't get what this coin is trying to do. Unless Apple, Google or Microsoft officially endorses this coin, then it's just going to be another coin to be dumped on exchanges. At best, it can only be a "black market"-type of funding for apps, and you can be sure that no legitimate app company will want to touch it. The argument that the developers and the speculators are promoting is that the coin can be forcibly implemented into the app market with enough community support. That argument can easily be debunked though. Consider the case of Bitcoin. It has more "support" than all of the currently existing altcoins combined, yet it still has not established itself as an officially endorsed currency for the app market. Apple's official stance on it is negative, and it chose to start creating its own digital currency instead. Google chose to back a distributed currency rather than a decentralized currency. Microsoft is gradually coming to accept Bitcoin as a relevant currency, but it will prolly take a while before they officially endorse it. The only way for Appcoin to become the digital currency for apps is if the development team is an entity with a significant amount of influence on those corporations or on the markets, which I doubt it is.

Having said that, I fully support speculators to keep on speculating. Speculation is what makes other relevant and noteworthy coins much stronger in the long run.
coins-pool.com

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 01:02:25 PM

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/448268app.jpg
appcoin.info (OP)

Appcoin Development Team

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:03:07 PM

I still don't get what this coin is trying to do. Unless Apple, Google or Microsoft officially endorses this coin, then it's just going to be another coin to be dumped on exchanges. At best, it can only be a "black market"-type of funding for apps, and you can be sure that no legitimate app company will want to touch it. The argument that the developers and the speculators are promoting is that the coin can be forcibly implemented into the app market with enough community support. That argument can easily be debunked though. Consider the case of Bitcoin. It has more "support" than all of the currently existing altcoins combined, yet it still has not established itself as an officially endorsed currency for the app market. Apple's official stance on it is negative, and it chose to start creating its own digital currency instead. Google chose to back a distributed currency rather than a decentralized currency. Microsoft is gradually coming to accept Bitcoin as a relevant currency, but it will prolly take a while before they officially endorse it. The only way for Appcoin to become the digital currency for apps is if the development team is an entity with a significant amount of influence on those corporations or on the markets, which I doubt it is.

Having said that, I fully support speculators to keep on speculating. Speculation is what makes other relevant and noteworthy coins much stronger in the long run.

Thanks for your post!
Feedback like this is always valuable for our developers and we are glad that you're interested about the concept of Appcoin.
Bitcoin has more like introduced huge amount of people to the digital currency scene. With the introduction, we believe that there's recently appeared high demand and that the time is now favourable for a cryptocurrency specialized in digital product purchases.
The biggest application platform owners, Google, Apple & Microsoft aren't the only potential merchants. We are also developing our own application related service that would benefit of the usage of a cryptocurrency like Appcoin.

●                                                     Z I X X                                                     ●
guozhuliu

Activity: 148

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:42:09 PM

hello,
   Please add the new pool url= http://app.sumpool.com
  1% fee

Thanks for your addition to the available Appcoin mining pools. We will update all the topics and our website within the next days.

Please update newpool(url) as soon as possible.

Hashhot Pool: http://www.hashhot.com 
Next-level Cryptocurrency Professional Mining Pool
appcoin.info (OP)

Appcoin Development Team

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 05:09:30 PM

Please update newpool(url) as soon as possible.

Available Appcoin mining pools updated.

thrassos

Activity: 156

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 05:43:13 PM

Join our Appcoin Pool at: https://www.cryptopoolmining.com/app/

• Secure http connection to our site.
  • We are using proportional (PROP) reward system.
  • Pool fees: 0.50%
  • Server monitoring statistics are available and updated every 5 minutes.
  • E-mail Notifications (new block found, down workers, auto payments, manual payments, successful logins).
  • Live dashboard updating info every 60 seconds.
  • Statum servers: 2 (US, EU)
  • Helpdesk application for your support
  • Fast payments (every 2 minutes)

Note: If you have created an account from first launch you can use the same account.

Single Sign-On Pools: MONA, DGB, NUT, SLR, GLC, VGC, GDN and much more.
DGB Scrypt Pool - DGB Sha256d Pool - DGB Groestl Pool - DGB Skein Pool
Join us at: http://www.CryptoPoolMining.com/. Your crypto mining partner!
NJRiot

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Hoqu.io – Tokensale is live

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:36:09 AM

Ok. I will receive from DEV team coins which I mined in first launch, right?
Time is money, show us that our hashrate (early first launch adopters) was for nothing.

We are sorry but our hands are tied in this. We have also put huge amount of time and work to develop Appcoin services. We had an awesome start with 10GH mining rates and we would've never wanted to relaunch Appcoin. Having the old coder that led the clients to death, there was no other option for us. We did all we could to save the mining done allready but it wasn't possible.
There will be giveaways & faucets after the launch to share Appcoins for everybody. We will be giving bigger amounts than the faucets used to give. Also the new code makes Appcoin much more attractive to miners with all sizes of hashing power available. Kimoto Gravity Well and new specifications will make mining as fair as possible.
We are so sorry about the mess with the clients but this was the only way to go. To be honest, changing the code will benefit everyone more in longterm, than holding the old code around.

We hope that every single person that took part on the first Appcoin launch would understand our position and that we had no other choice. Thanks for understanding!
Apologies!

Appcoin Development team

Listen up noob,
test your shit this time .. change parameters and mine the entire blockchain quick than just reset before you launch.
that's what every REAL DEV does before you launch a coin ... well now that you have exposed yourself for what you truly are which is not a dev obviously ... you have a lot to prove to whatever community you have left ... you think you can launch and let guys rent rigs and sit there and mine than just reset and say hey sorry and its ok? ... I wish you better luck in the future, because you will need it.

████████████████   ███████████████
   ████             ███   ███        ████
  ████   ██████████   ███  █████████    ███
 ███    ███     █████  ███  ███   ████   ███
███   ███   ███    ███  ███  ████    ███   ██
███  ██   ████████  ███  ███████████  ███   ██
██   ██  ████   ████  ██  █████   ███  ███   ██
██  ███  ██       ██  ███  ██       ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██       ███████████       ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██                         ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██       ███████████       ██  ███  ██
███  ██  ████   ████  ███  ████   ███   ███  ██
████  ██    ██████████  ███  ███████   ███   ██
████  ████    ███  ███  ████    ██    ███   ██
 ████   █████  ███  ███   █████    █████  ███
  ████   █████████  ████   ██████████   ████
   █████        ███   █████           ████
      ███████████████    ████████████████

Get free
.100 HQX

...............................Decentralized affiliate platform.............................
▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬
Facebook   Twitter   ANN Thread   White Paper   Telegram   Medium

CtrlAltDefeat

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:44:12 AM

Ok. I will receive from DEV team coins which I mined in first launch, right?
Time is money, show us that our hashrate (early first launch adopters) was for nothing.

We are sorry but our hands are tied in this. We have also put huge amount of time and work to develop Appcoin services. We had an awesome start with 10GH mining rates and we would've never wanted to relaunch Appcoin. Having the old coder that led the clients to death, there was no other option for us. We did all we could to save the mining done allready but it wasn't possible.
There will be giveaways & faucets after the launch to share Appcoins for everybody. We will be giving bigger amounts than the faucets used to give. Also the new code makes Appcoin much more attractive to miners with all sizes of hashing power available. Kimoto Gravity Well and new specifications will make mining as fair as possible.
We are so sorry about the mess with the clients but this was the only way to go. To be honest, changing the code will benefit everyone more in longterm, than holding the old code around.

We hope that every single person that took part on the first Appcoin launch would understand our position and that we had no other choice. Thanks for understanding!
Apologies!

Appcoin Development team

Listen up noob,
test your shit this time .. change parameters and mine the entire blockchain quick than just reset before you launch.
that's what every REAL DEV does before you launch a coin ... well now that you have exposed yourself for what you truly are which is not a dev obviously ... you have a lot to prove to whatever community you have left ... you think you can launch and let guys rent rigs and sit there and mine than just reset and say hey sorry and its ok? ... I wish you better luck in the future, because you will need it.
First of all, then* then*

Please learn how to grammar if you flame on someone.
I agree with you that beter testing should have been done, but the way you act is not needed.

You say ALL REAL devs test like this..
1 there is no way you find every bug there is/could be in a single testing phase(unless you plan on it being tested for years first)
2 speeding up the process of a testing phase would make you miss bugs there might or might not be.

I happen to know quite a few REAL devs, who are doing really great work, whom by your logic are no real devs..

Your logic is flawed, if you don't like it, no one forces you to be here.
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:59:59 AM

Thanks for your post!
Feedback like this is always valuable for our developers and we are glad that you're interested about the concept of Appcoin.
Bitcoin has more like introduced huge amount of people to the digital currency scene. With the introduction, we believe that there's recently appeared high demand and that the time is now favourable for a cryptocurrency specialized in digital product purchases.
The biggest application platform owners, Google, Apple & Microsoft aren't the only potential merchants. We are also developing our own application related service that would benefit of the usage of a cryptocurrency like Appcoin.

You should have started with that then. That's what we call a hook. Now I have some interest in seeing what future this coin is heading towards. I still can't share any hashes of my own since I'm already spreading them out too thinly as it is, but attention is the best investment that any new coin can get.
appcoin.info (OP)

Appcoin Development Team

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 02:41:58 PM

100 followers now on Twitter! Thanks!
If you aren't following us yet, you can do it here: https://twitter.com/Appcoininfo

coins-pool.com

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:51:25 PM

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/448268app.jpg
appcoin.info (OP)

Appcoin Development Team

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 06:00:36 PM

24 hours till Appcoin launches! http://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/2014mar09/Europe+London/060000pm/Appcoin%2520Launch

Coinsprofit

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:04:32 PM

New APPCOIN pool:

http://app.coinsprofit.com/

0% fee!

PRE-REGISTRATION

CtrlAltDefeat

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:07:40 PM

uhfska

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:08:00 PM

Canadian gold small change. Where can I get some of that Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: