Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:43:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the usual mistakes that newbie traders usually do?  (Read 1913 times)
Glyphotex

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 01:50:48 PM

For me, as a newbie I was then, i made the mistake of buying my very first coin at very wrong time.. It was on an mooning move, so i jumped in. Dumped on me hard. I had to sell at a loss as the coin didn't bother rising again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wack slacker

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:55:15 PM

I think that is their trading experience. There are many problems when dealing with Crypto. I can list them as follows:
- Volume of Crypto transaction
- Technical analysis is complex and may not be accurate
Newbies who are not tech savvy and have a lot of market news.
- Crypto is easy to push higher and lower.
Qurelal

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:51:59 PM

I think the biggest mistake is not to be prepared for mistakes. experience is given with some time. you must be ready for loss and find the strength to start over. many people think they can invest their money and make a profit. but this is not so in fact.
sherwinsamsung

Activity: 201

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/cujJP4k

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:10:52 PM

As a new kid in the cryptocurrency world, we often have our share of first mistakes in trading which helps us to be able to become better and wiser in the next transactions. What are these usual or common mistakes that newbies commit?

being greedy is the number one mistakes one can have.  if something is too good to be true, then you should not risk the chance given that you are still a newbie and will have similar opportunities in the future which you can deal better.

making decisions without thorough research on the project.  this is also a mistake commited by many.  internet is full of stuffs that you can research on.  so when something goes wrong because you didn't do the research - you are the only one to blame.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.com - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
w33man

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:57:09 PM

As a new kid in the cryptocurrency world, we often have our share of first mistakes in trading which helps us to be able to become better and wiser in the next transactions. What are these usual or common mistakes that newbies commit?

New traders expect a lot of income from trading, they think that crptocurrency trading and investment is just a one-night-rich-scheme. That is why they sometimes buy coins out of FOMO and hype, which can lead to losses. I think it is somehow good to commit such mistake, but you can also learn without risking your money or incurring losses.
tanjilrifat

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:04:18 PM

Always remember these two things all the time and try to acquire the skills over the different trades. experience is given with some time.It is not only for newbie, anyone could probably still make them.
simpleholmes

Activity: 278

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:22:05 PM

in my opinion being greedy is the biggest problem that begineers do, we don`t know when to quit and always become positive regarding prices, but in reality they are not as good as we see but we keep holding and not cutting the loses.
Crypto_Professor

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:25:04 PM

in my opinion being greedy is the biggest problem that begineers do, we don`t know when to quit and always become positive regarding prices, but in reality they are not as good as we see but we keep holding and not cutting the loses.

I agree with you. I have lost some good chances by setting high sells order and finally never did sell until price was down. If I sold at 20% profit. I would have been better.
iknowitsme

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:22:25 PM

Greed is really the main problem. Not selling because "it can grow even more"? Check. Going all-in? Check. Staying in dying currency because hodl is the key? Check. Trying to trade on unstable market which can go up or down? Check.

Greed is trader's worst enemy.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:36:53 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2018, 11:59:41 PM by Thirdspace

greed emerges from lack of discipline that newbie traders usually have
without clear percentage profit/loss target, traders tend to do it emotionally
and that would certainly lead to uncontrolled and unsystematic bad trading habit
every good old seasoned traders usually have their own system and strategy to make profit

Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:26:06 PM

I think the biggest mistake is not to be prepared for mistakes. experience is given with some time. you must be ready for loss and find the strength to start over. many people think they can invest their money and make a profit. but this is not so in fact.
Yes.The problem with newbies is that they only see crypto trading as a means of getting quick profit but they are not knowledgeable and prepared enough to take some risks just to make their aspirations be reach.And when they see the prices fall suddenly,they are always overcome with their emotional fears and so they end up losing because of panic selling.

Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:39:11 PM

The usually mistake of the new trader is the oanic selling I think because of that they lose more money.
MiukoOk

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:08:31 AM

It is in no hurry and does not check the purse thoroughly before the transaction, thus making it easy for us to lose money if we do not check carefully and always rush to not sell at a reasonable price.
localxe
Copper Member

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:34:27 AM

trading with emotions
This is the major mistake everyone makes anyways, for new users they just buy when the pump is getting high not realizing that its just a pump and then they tend to hold, shockingly the price drops.
Andrew S

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:10:33 AM

Beginners often panic and start doing wrong things.  In investing, the most important thing is not to rush.
Clemcout

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:24:27 AM

One of the biggest mistakes for Newbie is FOMO . they see somone saying about that coin is good .They want to have big money ,so they invesst them without doing researching any infomation.
For this reason people who have got good experience in trading are advising these young people to not just dive here without any proper information. There are hundreds of flopped stories where people never had good time just because they were new but still they always be greedy. Better it research properly and only this one step can yield good ending results.
rachelia13

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:10:59 PM

I think the usual mistakes made by newbie traders is panic selling, can not control their emotions, lack of knowledge and also greedy. Due to lack of knowledge and can not control their emotions, make newbie traders panic when seeing the price dropped and decided to sell loss rather than hold their coins because their afraid to suffered more losses. In addition they also greedy for hoping to get a big profits so often miss the opportunity to get a decent profit, and eventually again decided to sell loss because of panic. I think that probably happened to almost any newbie  trader including me at that time.
letsfly

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:12:46 PM

I believe the usual mistakes is to buy high and sell low. This happens because of lack of experience and panic.

snewkadel

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:02:46 PM

Of course experience!The most important thing in our life is experience ,make more mistakes and do not be afraid.But do not forget about self-development and education ,there are many books already and different forums where you can learn all about cryptography and avoid unnecessary losses .
Smon

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:36:41 PM

I think that is the lack of diligence in understanding. Investors in the Crypto market are just money-rich investors with no knowledge. I have seen a lot of people have a lot of money and invest in Crypto, then only 5 months and they have decided to leave the market.
They can not be patient when the market is constantly fluctuating and that is the biggest weakness of new investors.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: