Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 04:04:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Marshall Islands goes crypto  (Read 465 times)
ElenaN

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:59:00 AM

Wow.  Everything happens much faster than expected, but this has its pluses!
TungayETH

Activity: 201
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:03:09 AM

From my point of view it’s a awesome initiative. Own nation cryptocurrency provide lots of advantage. As its only 53,000 people so its very easy to monitor the process. I think it will be successful.
bighok353

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:44:49 AM

Yes, I think this is good news, and more and more countries recognize cryptocurrencies, which are spreading around the world. The leadership of their country is smart. I hope other countries can learn.
RottenSteel

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:21:15 PM

Good news for cryptoindustries since people are getting interest in cryptoworld. I think The Marshall Island is launching their own national crypto token for her people for economic betterment and for huge profitability of crypto investment.
Jimmi Andersen

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:21:25 PM

I read the article on the site that you suggested and what I want to say. This is the third country that creates its own cryptocurrency on blockchain technology. Of course, it is a pity that it will not be an anonymous currency, but a centralized one.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
mr.nby

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:59:38 PM

I read the article on the site that you suggested and what I want to say. This is the third country that creates its own cryptocurrency on blockchain technology. Of course, it is a pity that it will not be an anonymous currency, but a centralized one.

It will not be anonymous because it is created by the government. And this in itself imposes centralization. Besides, KYC will be necessary, so you can forget about anonymity. The idea itself is very interesting and I am curious if it will work and how popular it is to gain this currency. However, this is a small community of people living there.
leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:12:41 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2018, 02:47:31 PM by leetlezee

One point I've seen brought up before in relation to state-sponsored cryptocurrencies is the aspect that taxation can be built into the code, which makes it unavoidable. What I find interesting is that they are using an Ether token that will be pegged to USD, and that the only wallets allowed to transact on the blockchain will have gone through KYC.

The issue I see here is that although they say the token is decentralized and not controlled by the government, they will still have the authority to see who sent who money and how much at any point. On the plus side, that makes it easier to crack down on illegal substances, but on the negative side, what will they call illegal next? And while I don't anticipate much nefarious activity going on from the Marshall Islands government, there are other governments that would love to have this much control (Can I say, for starters, Russia and China?).

Control is power, and power corrupts. I don't think this is what Satoshi Nakamoto had in mind for the great future of cryptocurrency. Actually, I think it pretty much goes against everything he envisioned for Bitcoin.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how this Marshall Islands scenario plays out, and how it affects the perspective of other governments thinking about adopting cryptocurrency.
xcxcxxz52

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:15:35 PM

Coins sold in the country indicate that their country has accepted cryptocurrencies and that they see the future of cryptocurrencies and are also promoting cryptocurrencies. I think this is a good thing. It is worthy of publicity. Let more participation come in.
elemosho.crypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:23:07 PM

I know a little about this, the idea is developed by Israeli fintech comany named Neema. Sovereign token which will be legal for all citizens, businesses on the island and worldwide so feeling happy for this.
SummerHamster

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:52:58 PM

Government support just brings more positivity for the country as a whole to embrace the crypto market. No money laundering or taxes for this market, what a clean initiative taken,. which will take this economy a long way further up. An example set for others.
Ciucas

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 04:44:40 PM

I really like this news. It's a great idea for small countries that don't have their own currency to give crypto a chance. I'm sure that in the future there will be many more counties that will launch their own crypto coins.

sexylady13

Activity: 322

https://www.udap.io/ - Tokenize Everything

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:24:34 PM

The small nation of about 53,000 people is located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean is quietly working on a project that could have a major impact on how cryptocurrency is treated by both investors and government actors .

The Marshall Islands is launching its own national cryptocurrency token named the Sovereign, or SOV, which will be legal tender for citizens and businesses on the island and worldwide.  To know more, join the SOV official Telegram group: https://t.me/officialsov

Source: https://thefreenewsman.com/the-marshall-islands-goes-crypto/518037/

Even such small but positive steps towards legalization and acceptance of cryptocurrency is a good sign for the global community that tells us the world won't be the same soon, and blockchain technology will make it better!

waorana

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:29:10 AM

This is a very good news, the Marshall Islands have made an excellent decision that will favor the growth of the blockchain sector even outside their country. I hope that there are other states that follow his example, even without creating their own cryptocurrency, the important thing is to try to make decisions in favor of this sector
yayat

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:09:33 AM

It's a good project and I hope it can bring a lot of changes to the country.
It might also be able to make the Cryptocurrency market go back green.

The best breakthrough for a country with little population and I support it.
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 06:14:22 AM

That is an awesome news. I hope more and more people adopt to the cryptocurrency and i believe that is going to happen sooner or later. But this news will prove to the first drop of the rain. So stick to cryptos, don't loose trust in them and hold tight.
ambeo

Activity: 210

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:16:20 AM

The small nation of about 53,000 people is located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean is quietly working on a project that could have a major impact on how cryptocurrency is treated by both investors and government actors .

The Marshall Islands is launching its own national cryptocurrency token named the Sovereign, or SOV, which will be legal tender for citizens and businesses on the island and worldwide.  To know more, join the SOV official Telegram group: https://t.me/officialsov

you know guys i like the fact it's just islands ans still they are in flow. so the question is, why these countries that are certainly can afford crypto ban it instead??

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
kingvirtus09

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 11:12:06 PM

Those countries adopting crypto at an early stage will have a big impact in the society. I mean the GDP growth will rise from dip, eventually the citizen will be happy to use the use of cashless society.

worldofcoins

Activity: 1876
Merit: 435

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 11:16:24 PM

Great, that's fantastic news which I hope does get implemented. Any country now making this smart decision to include crypto will only benefit from the system.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:39:28 PM

We are now beginning to see advancement in blockchain technology  and cryptocurrency. Countries are now beginning to embrace it. Crypto is also getting into more limelight.
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 11:55:12 PM

Sure, why not. They always been offshore for the companies and now many countries do exchange the information. Thus, they can not earn that much on the shell companies anymore and crypto is a great industry to get involved. If they will introduce some regulations and security, the nation will be doing pretty well.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: