Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:11:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?  (Read 2621 times)
acord00

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:52:52 PM

We can stop saying that bitcoin is an investment if bitcoin can really function as a currency. If bitcoin can make improvements as a currency then people can easily use bitcoin for transactions. Changes that must be presented by bitcoin include increasing the number of bitcoin. The amount of bitcoin that is only 21 million for the whole world is not enough because if the amount is limited then the transaction wheel cannot run smoothly.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
godfredmanu

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:58:26 PM

Thats my exact taught and I think is high time we stop referring to bitcoins as investment. The fact that you hold it and it appreciate sometimes doesn't make it an investment. It was simply made as a form of payment between peers and the demand of its lead to the price hikes. It don't necessary means it should be considered as investment.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
Escan0r

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:01:29 PM

It depends on the person who wants to call it but in my opinion it will be very difficult because bitcoin is indeed an investment place that can benefit anyone who invests in it.
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:02:57 PM

i think bitcoin can't be as payment with some problem that already occur. nowadays people start to make bitcoin as investment because they know bitcoin price will come higher  by time and they believe it even price is so volatile. if bitcoin can be digital currency, it will easier to accept by government. but in a fact is that thing not happen yet

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
unorowest

Activity: 50
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:03:12 PM

Bitcoin could be an investment depending on what you do with it.
dirisu2018

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:06:33 PM

I disagree with you...
BTC is a currency with high demands/ it is an Asset, the demand for it is more than the supply, people hold onto it and not wanting to sell with the hope of it appreciating, I personally sold my house in order to buy a BTC at its lowest dip and I can boast of thousand of dollars increase,
So why call it just a currency..BTC is an investment hero member
fourokavas

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:10:39 PM

This is true but you are not going to stop all the people in here that is just putting their money in here because of that, because for them, this is just another speculative investment

Hashpoor

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:12:59 PM

This is a nice post to read for me as a new comer in bitcoin. As I know from my friend that bitcoin can be defined as an investment, therefore I am interested in involving in this forum to know more. Whatever the definition of bitcoin, I eager to to know more. 
patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:15:59 PM

Individuals have distinctive conclusion and the manner in which they consider things to be they truly are, some consider it to be method for getting rich by including in it through a wide range of ways like participating in bounty and the preferences, others purchase bitcoin as type of speculation where they can benefit and furthermore also that it is a computerized money where they can use in any exchange at whatever point.
bapetdik

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:21:11 PM

Do you mean we should call bitcoin a currency? no matter how you call bitcoin, bitcoin will always be viewed as an investment in my opinion. So this is just a difference of thought. and there is no need for things to make a fight about this. Many people have different opinions but still one way. that's just my opinion

atetess

Activity: 305

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:21:56 PM

Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons

For me,  bitcoin is a form of digital currency that can be used anytime with the help of internet.  And i consider it as an investment too because of the profit from trading.

P60

Activity: 378

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:23:16 PM

It depends on the person who wants to call it but in my opinion it will be very difficult because bitcoin is indeed an investment place that can benefit anyone who invests in it.
In my opinion, you cannot stop calling bitcoin as an investment; it will be an investment no matter what happens, ib brings money to all the bitcoin users, the amount is depends on how patient the people.

airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:27:01 PM

I think there is no problem in calling bitcoin as a payment. Yes bitcoin was primarily created to be used as a currency in the digital world or in other terms, a cryptocurrency. But think about this, what if bitcoin was not that volatile? Yes maybe it will be used by people but I don't think it will reach its current state where it has a very large value because of large demand and limited supply. Don't be sad about it, even though it is mainly used as a form of investment, at least we also use it as a currency where we buy some products with the use of it, so don't worry.
Prince Malik

Activity: 924
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:53:09 PM

The thing make people call bitcoin an investment is that the world is not accept bitcoin yet as a currencie + the big rise in the price(many people make huge profits without do anything)
But you are right bitcoin is a dugital currencie not anouther thing

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:01:19 AM

The price fluctuations is the main reason of making bitcoin as investment option but it is also online currency for some country where bitcoin is accepted and it is used just like fiat currency in their daily life. So it all depends on country giving bitcoin which status it depends

reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:20:42 AM

Bitcoin has evolved out successfully and has turned out to be one of the lucrative investment for Bitcoin users, most especially holding it for long term as the price gradually increases on the market. Not until this trend is ceased, Bitcoin will continuously be regarded as an investment.
Baekhyun

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:23:11 AM

Changing this paradigm will be very difficult. In the past, Bitcoin was conceived as an alternative currency that can be used as a medium of exchange to get goods or services but now is the status of bitcoin still relevant to be considered a currency?
The growth of the value of Bitcoin against fiat currencies or official currencies issued by a country can be said to be very fantastic, Bitcoin is very unsuitable for use as a medium of payment or money, due to changes in value when rising and falling has a very large difference. Stability of Value - one of the absolute requirements that money must have as a medium of exchange is not owned by Bitcoin
Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:34:30 AM

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

it was originally used as a currency since it is in the form of technology, we cannot avoid changes and developments.Since technology always changes, so is cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was primarily used as a currency but now, it is used in many other things.
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:46:56 AM

it was originally used as a currency since it is in the form of technology, we cannot avoid changes and developments.Since technology always changes, so is cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was primarily used as a currency but now, it is used in many other things.
If you put your money and wants it to grow, thats already a investment. Here in bitcoin we do the same thing, we want our money to grow, we will hold it and wait for the righ time to sell it, we want to gain profit, thats already a invesment. I cant stop calling bitcoin as a investment because i know its a kind of investment.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
hongthoa498156@gmail.com

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:52:23 AM

Limited supply and distribution lead to the similarity of gold. It is not difficult to see the similarity of something that has been used as a currency as an asset and as an investment. I wonder what would you call a bitcoin? A currency? I do not think it matches Bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: