Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:25:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?  (Read 2616 times)
doodle07

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:22:33 AM

You can not stop calling it an investment because it gives us profit and everyone has the right to call it what ever they wanted to. Its all about how you are dealing with it, but it is made as a currency, therefor the choice is yours. Just respect everyone's perspective.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teriyanone

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:11:23 AM

It is impossible to call bitcoin something else because anyone who talks about Bitcoin they are mentioning it as an investment to buy and hold until the price increase to make more money in the process but few knows it is much beneficial to use as an alternative to fiat money  if Bitcoin is used for transactions. This situation will continue for few year future until people starts to call it a currency because now is the time it is adapting into business payment and transactions   
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:16:03 AM

Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons
i dont know how to stop calling bitcoin as an investment because the price of this is because of the buy and sell so  trading or invwstment if you invest a lot of money and tge vslue goes up you will get a profit from that.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:17:23 AM

Bitcoin and altcoin are always considered as an investment!
By the value of it changes and always attractive!
Hope the market will recover at the end of this year!
MrPresidentIM

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:27:49 AM

I`ve never seen anyone calling it "investment" so far. Grin

Neither have I, and I totally agree with what you said below:

People will continue to see btc as an investment opportunity.... You can`t stop them from buying bitcoins.

It's volatility and sometimes uncertainty coupled with anonymity make people see it as an investment opportunity.

There is freedom of speech and opinions, you can`t create censorship.

The freedom of speech, I guess, was one of the factors why we have this post here, after all, wasn't it? Cool
Raffamichaels

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:41:48 AM

In my own opinion bitcoin is an investment everyone wants to earn a multiple profits in bitcoin but once you entered your money in bitcoin don't expect too much to earn, either win or loss you can accept the result.

Wizardbizari

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:57:38 AM

I`ve never seen anyone calling it "investment" so far. Grin

Neither have I, and I totally agree with what you said below:

People will continue to see btc as an investment opportunity.... You can`t stop them from buying bitcoins.

It's volatility and sometimes uncertainty coupled with anonymity make people see it as an investment opportunity.

There is freedom of speech and opinions, you can`t create censorship.

The freedom of speech, I guess, was one of the factors why we have this post here, after all, wasn't it? Cool

Good points, guys. Who can stop calling it investment? Why would they?

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language defines an "investment" as

property or another possession acquired for future financial return or benefit. So, what should we call BTC then?
pltgksl

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 09:00:58 AM

no we can not. Because  BTC is a breakthrough event and its effect do not pass easily
indriyanti

Activity: 204
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:09:54 AM

what should I say about bitcoin if not for investment? maybe all bitcoin users want to make a profit and no one wants to lose, how else can we call bitcoin not as an investment. Then what do you think about bitcoin ??
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:50:43 PM

Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons
In Actual bitcoin is not limited to use as a midium to transfer money from one part of the country to another part , but it is a option to make spread our links to the whole world .
Here people are mostly using it for the Investment purpose , so this is resulting into the , simple name as a Investment assets that have less chances to loss of your initial investment .
So here I don't think it will be easy for us to say bitcoin as a Investment assets , but surely in the future we will not say about bitcoin in such way because in the future we will see ETF implementation in bitcoin that will stop the price of the bitcoin to fluctuate much and that will become like gold and silver like assets .
And also after the implementation of the ETF technique , price of the bitcoin will increase by about 6-7 times easily ( as happened in case of gold before the regualtion of the price ) .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:54:08 PM

No, because bitcoin and investment are correlation they relate to each other when you used bitcoin you will investing to gain and earn and get a high profit.
Tornadocrazy

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:55:39 PM

Whether you refer to it as "investing" or "gambling" is a reflection of your personal attitude rather than reality, but naming a phenomenon doesn't change the phenomenon itself. So, I guess everyone's totally free to call it whatever they feel like. That's it.
rancakadu

Activity: 175

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:59:20 PM

It is also not difficult to see the similarity of something that was used universally as a currency and is also considered an asset and therefore an investment. Even though I don't agree with what you say, it is inevitable that many people will see Bitcoin as digital gold and investment.
prikitiw

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:08:42 PM

Bitcoin is indeed a digital currency, but because the supply of coins is limited while the demand more and more makes this currency increase in value, and is very suitable for future investment. Bitcoin can be used as a currency, provided all countries and shopping places accept Bitcoin for payment. just enjoy what was created by Bitcoin! I am sure there are so many people who are given big profits by this digital currency.
markint

Activity: 329
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:14:17 PM
Merited by LeGaulois (1)

I have always agreed that bitcoin is much more than the price that speculators arbitrarily fix in a wild and volatile market like this one. I am convinced that the value and utility of bitcoin will be the same whether it is worth a dollar or worth a million. Therefore for a long time I have stopped seeing bitcoin as "an investment in the future" to give it a daily use as a payment processor, in which is undoubtedly better than many of the most popular today.
1van__

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:29:26 PM

I think that because of its volatility it can not yet be called a full-fledged currency, on the one hand, on the other hand, it is a crypto currency, and not an investment
Elerntta

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:54:59 PM

For me, bitcoin is only an investment at the moment. I have no desire to waste it while the price is so unstable. So I will wait for the price increase.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
WebTera

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:34:15 PM

It is difficult to use bitcoin as a currency now. Price is constantly fluctuating, countries are taking it very slowly, a ban. To implement bitcoin as a currency, it should take a little more time.
Urbinklin

Activity: 283
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:41:25 PM

I think the main use of bitcoin is now investment. It is in this way that it is the most profitable, and in order to use it as a currency, it needs to develop even more.
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:51:35 PM

It's difficult for me to use bitcoin as a payment instrument other than as an investment asset, because regulation in our country strictly prohibits the use of bitcoin to be used as a payment method. But sometimes I use it to shop online at foreign sites that accept bitcoin as a means of payment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: