Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:04:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Samsung: Smartphones are the Most Secure Device When Using Cryptocurrency  (Read 1175 times)
cryptoJTR

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:45:14 AM

Thanks for sharing mate, very informative thread. This may promote more crypto enthusiast and investors to utilize smartphones in doing crypto transactions more frequent rather than our pc and laptops aside from its portability features. I have heard Samsung is promoting adoption of cryptocurrency, this might bring positive impact to the cryptocurrency community.
MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:13:50 AM

Marketing strategy, huh? All of their studies is just nothing if the victim is not aware of the methods that hackers can do. I remember a fake poloniex in google play has made a lot of traders lost their coins because they did not know that polo has really no android app in the first place.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:42:49 AM

Ever since I have known bitcoin, I never used laptop or desktop. I have a guts feeling over those kind of gadgets. Been using smartphone til now and you were right. I felt a lot more secured than using other.
libert19

Activity: 2548
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 03:52:28 AM

Some points: You should not root your device, you should not give accessibility and Device administrator service to unknown apps, don't install shady apps, regularly check for updates.

Then you should be fine I guess Smiley

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
CryptoSimmonds

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:11:59 PM

yes I can assume that it is a valid news cause there been happening many discussion about it,  and the review are also very positive but still some people believe in others wallet,  let's see what future brings for Samsung wallet
ETHTachometer

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:48:30 PM

Every device is safe if you have 100% control over it. I suggest you use device fully under your control, do not use spammy apps which stoles info, use a good security app and do not use public network most of the times as the probability of phishing will be really high.
GhostKnight

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:11:59 PM

I like Samsung the most as a smartphone. It is safe to use and can handle the virus and other hackings better than other brands. So, it is safe to use Samsung while dealing with cryptocurrency. This lessen the chances of tokens being hacked.
WaterSeal

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:07:23 PM

I agree with this statement. Because when Samsung starts to using cryptocurrency they become more secure. Peoples are using Smartphone for browsing their secure accounts and many website also. So people need security.
Elmer1 (OP)

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:05:24 AM

no i dont think so
when the phone is lost or stolen then you will lose all your assets

Not necessarily, if at the time of creating the wallet on your smartphone you copied the seed on a sheet of paper, you can restore it on a new device. The only problem you can have is that someone steals your mobile and manage to guess the wallet password, but if you react quickly, restore the wallet and send the funds to another different wallet of yours, you will not lose your coins.

Yes . We can do if someone use mobile phone . Be aggrrsive if your phone are steal . Thats my point in my started topic
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 05:09:35 AM

I always thought smartphones were a lot safer due to most likely less malware targeted at them(though not 100% sure), unless your phone is rooted and you're giving a lot of special permissions to random scammy apps. Though I've always though up to date iPhones were more "secure" compared to Samsung phones or android phones in general.

Nothing beats a hardware wallet over-all in terms of security+ease of use though.

rooting however is necessary for jailbreaking. but you're right its not targeted by the hackers. Samsung and HTC might just be the first mobile companies that will release smartphones for crypto. HTC had already announced their Exodus though its unclear yet when it will be release, this phone will be used by crypto users.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                                 
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████
   ██████████████████    █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌      ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████
|
  Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
         Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!   
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
MelissaAnderson11

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:16:16 AM

I think it is Samsung's right to think that, at present, not many hackers are concerned about the operating system of smartphones such as Android, iOS, etc. Security experts of large phone companies have done very well about the security of user information. Errors are maintained daily, with fewer errors related to the operating system on smartphones.
silviyako

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:59:43 AM

This probably is geared towards Samsung making a smartphone specifically for the crypto users that promises security of their money.  Probably another marketing strategy and i think this is good for us.
FunZedCrypto

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:51:13 AM

From my point of view this is totally true. Personally I don’t believe that much the others system. Samsung wallet is much better than the other wallet. As Samsung joined crypto so I think a new revolution will take place.
karagun125

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 09:58:47 AM

Goodnews indeed, besides of computers, there is smartphone that is smoothly used by people when it comes to social media online, the advantage of the smartphones in computers and laptops is that smartphones can be easily bring anywhere, a so-called portable devices that suits to people in online social business that everyone needs off.
Sionsak

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:11:58 AM

I am totally agree with this news. Because Samsung already join this market. As far I understand Samsung wallet is more safer than the other wallet. I believe it has the ability to secure my device.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:03:35 PM

smartphones, bitcoin and crypto world is a facility that will be used for transactions in the future, it will be more perfect and easier.

samsung is a smartphone that supports crypto growth, they created Samsung S10 with ASIC card, and I think Samsung will be a smartphone that can realize bitcoiner dreams.
As far as i know, there are more developed hacking system with the use of desktop and laptop rather that smartphones, that is why maybe we can think cellphones are more secured to use rather that the other stated earlier. But as you dig deeper, it really depends on the user, there are a lot of application where you can seek help in blocking virus and such, but sometimes those apps may also be the reason for your gadgets having virus. The best thing is to avoid going to suspicious sites and such in able to prevent attack. We all need to be careful especially crypto, bitcoin to be exact is making its name in the market.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:22:11 PM

Well, thay can advertise all they want, I will not transact in my mobile any larger amount in crypto that I can afford to lose. I just can't see any sound logic behind those statements of Samsung and the common sense says it is all bulls..t too.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:57:31 PM

Given that there is another unique operating system that is the IOS operating system, claiming Samsung is the best will be bit too quick. The security depends on how good the smartphone is. Given it is leading among the competitors, it could be one of the best.

One of the best amongst the smartphones. That I could allow for Samsung. To say anything more is exageration at best, outright freud at worst. We'll have only to wait until people start losing money based on their claims, unfortunately.
elygil2022

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

REMIIT.IO

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:13:54 AM

Thanks for the tip! I would keep that in mind. One can never be too sure nowadays. Not saying that we should exclusively use smartphones for cryptocurrency, specifically Samsung and Android. The idea is to be unpredictable by using multiple devices.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REMIIT.IO ║ Decentralized Remittance & Payment Platform (https://remiit.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:30:07 AM

According to Samsung, the $290 billion behemoth which dominates every major industry in South Korea, smartphones are the safest device to use when transacting using cryptocurrency

Smartphones Over Laptops

Smartphone wallets such as Blockchain and Jaxx are the go-to applications the majority of cryptocurrency users utilize to send and receive payments with digital assets.

Joel Snyder, a senior IT consultant, a contributor to Samsung Insights, explained in a recent paper that smartphones are significantly more secure than laptops and other devices, because of the presence of the Trusted Execution Environment(TEE)

Most smartphones have a native environment called the TEE, which operates as a separate execution environment with its own memory and storage, isolated from the device. Hence, not even the operating system (OS) like Android can reach into the TEE and potentially initiate alterations in its memory.

In an event of a hacking attack or a security breach, attackers cannot possibly break into the TEE and attempt to steal data such as the private keys of cryptocurrency wallets because the TEE exists completely independent of the device.

On laptops or computers that rely on conventional persistent storage units such as a hard disk or an SSD, a hacker can easily break into the storage and steal valuable financial information, including data pertaining to cryptocurrency wallets, that could lead to the loss of funds and holdings stored in digital assets.

Snyder explained:

“This is why smartphones have an edge over laptops and desktops for cryptocurrency wallets: without the benefits of the hardware-based TEE, the keys are more vulnerable. There is a significant caveat: a naïve wallet developer might choose to simply store the keys on the normal internal storage of the phone, in which case there’s little additional protection from using the smartphone platform. Or the wallet itself might be malware, in which case all bets are off. But with the right wallet leveraging the benefits of smartphone TEE, there’s no place safer to store your money.”
As we all are aware with the reliability of the Samsung company, it is well known smartphones and tablets, computer and many other electronic devices company and it is also well known for its trust and faith of its user and as I stated in my earlier posts also that what makes a company trustworthy is its safety and confidentiality and if Samsung will starts using bitcoin then no doubt Samsung will become the more safer and confidential company as we all know that how safer and confidential the bitcoin is.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: