Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:08:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox announcement  (Read 3075 times)
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:37:21 AM

Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:52:29 AM

This has always been my stance when it comes to gox tbh, Mark is generally a nice guy to talk to but he is clearly not made out to run a multimillion dollar exchange and he has no sense what so ever when it comes to public relations.

My guess atm is that they still haven't managed to unravel the transaction mess to find out which/if any persons "stole" BTC from gox with the bug. That more than anything I think is why there has been no development, they simply don't know yet what/if anything is missing.
spin

Activity: 362
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:56:43 AM

tomorrow there will be an announcement that gox will be announcing that at some future date an important announcement will be made about the date at which time there will be an announcement regarding the status of withdrawals, all of which is tentative of course.

Thank you for your patience.
The Mtgox team.

You got that right  Smiley

If you liked this post buy me a beer.  Beers are quite cheap where I live!
bc1q707guwp9pc73r08jw23lvecpywtazjjk399daa
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 11:02:19 AM

This has always been my stance when it comes to gox tbh, Mark is generally a nice guy to talk to but he is clearly not made out to run a multimillion dollar exchange and he has no sense what so ever when it comes to public relations.

My guess atm is that they still haven't managed to unravel the transaction mess to find out which/if any persons "stole" BTC from gox with the bug. That more than anything I think is why there has been no development, they simply don't know yet what/if anything is missing.

This isn't rocket science. Even if we assume for sake of argument that they are so incredibly incompetent that they need daily retraining on bowel hygiene, they should have hired a forensic accountant, who would have figured out 100% of shit long before now.

They don't give a fuck about doing the right thing, proven time and time and time and time again, as the government twiddles its thumbs and toasts marshmallows over this self-inflicted hell pit.

How many complaints against Gox do there need to be for it to be shut down and a receiver appointed to refund everyone and recover the fraudulently double-withdrawn funds? 100 billion?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:31:44 PM

tomorrow there will be an announcement that gox will be announcing that at some future date an important announcement will be made about the date at which time there will be an announcement regarding the status of withdrawals, all of which is tentative of course.
Unfortunately due to the need for heightened security after Mark read a mean thing about himself on bitcointalk, there has been a delay in announcing when the next announcement will be, so now we aren't able to say when the next announcement of the announcement will be, just that it will be as soon as we feel like making it.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:20:37 PM

I heard that they are getting sued for using the by Blizzard Entertainment trademarked "Soon"
It's not even 'very soon', so with 'soon' we are a bit more near the end of time.  Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: